Saturday, October 11, 2014

Othello the Legatus Act 3 Part 1.35

Act Three Scene 3 Part 4

Desdemona had lost her patience waiting of her love and climbed up to find him. She was accompanied by Emilia, and they soon met the Legatus at the harbour. He was talking to some legionnaires who was on duty there.

"Othello, you can't hide forever up there. We need to get you back." Desdemona walked up to him.

"No, leave me alone." Othello told her. "I need to take care of my men. So be away, lady."

Desdemona looked to the man who had told her to go off. She was to walked off when she noticed he was covered with sweats. She reached for the sash that was given to her by Othello. She had Emilia retrieved it for her from the room. She pulled it off her waist and hand it over to him.

"Uh", Othello was surprised at the dab on his back. He turned to her and told her to back off.

"I would be fine." Othello told her.

"Then please come back with me." Desdemona told him. She held his hand and pulled at it. He finally gave it and followed her. She walled with him, but she did not realized that she had dropped the sash.

Emilia saw that and picked it up. She recognised the sash as belonging to Othello. He once had worn that and even draped it over her shoulders. He had told her that only his love can wear it. She looked at it then at her hands, and had her own plans. She went to looked for Iago. She found him at the tavern. He was having his own drink by the corner.

"Iago, I have a prize for you." Emilia sat on the bedding. "One that you would like to bargain with."

"Whore, why should I negotiate with you? You are mine as a slave. Slaves don't have anything to negotiate." Iago reminded her of the deed of ownership he had signed with her father.

"With my prize, I would buy my freedom." Emilia told him.

"What is your prized that could be exchange for yours?" Iago looked at her. "Your body? That I have used many times, but maybe more for some years before I am ready to sell you to the Gauls."

"Your prized battle with Othello, I have the item to move strength towards you." Emilia looked at him.

"Your only prize as I mentioned before is what beneath that clothes." Iago laughed but Emilia glared at him.

"I am giving you one more chance. Deal or I would return the prize." Emilia told him off. She was to moved off when he spoke up.

"I would deal. Only if yours is worth the freedom of the ownership." Iago told her. Emilia dropped the sash in front of him.

"Use that to bait the blame on Desdemona." Emilia told him. "I got that from the room. She asked me fetch another ich, and I also took that. Its his. He would die for it."

"So you knew." Iago spoke out. "Its his sash. He only wore that in victory."

"Yes, you spoke too much in bed, Master." Her last word was coated with sarcasm. "You always say things when you are happy or spent. You hated him so much when he placed you over for Cassio. You hated Cassio more, and that really made you go mad. So mad that you plot to topple them both. Once they are out of the way, you could be the next in line to be Legatus."

"So my slave listens well. Maybe too well. Okay, you are free to go." Iago told her. "I have tired of you anyway. You would never be in the Legatus household."

Emilia left for the upper landing while Iago looked at the sash. He was forming in his mind on how this would affect Othello if it was found in the possession of Cassio. This was getting better than ever before.

It was later when Iago saw Othello descending on the landing.

"You are the one I seek." Othello looked at Iago. "You are the one."

Othello sat himself next Iago.


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...