Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Othello the Legatus Act 3 Part 1.36

Prologue 21

Othello sat there in the room where Desdemona had brought him back. She had a table laid out for the evening meal. She made him sit down and offered him a goblet of wine. She then walked off to the case where her clothes were kept. She had pulled out a flimsy dress and stripped off the one she had on. She wore that and approached the table.

"Othello, remember this. I wore it on our first night." Desdemona told him. "But you were called away. I had it stored and just remember it today."

Othello stood up and discarded his toga.

"We would not waste the event anymore. I am feeling the need to have my love for myself." Othello was not making love, he was letting off his frustration and anger. He did not stopped until she rolled off him by pulling herself off him.

"I had enough, my love." Desdemona got off the bedding and retrieved her flimsy gown. It was torn by his brute force and would not be of much use then. She discarded it and went for another decent gown. She felt as if her body was all bent or bruised at every join. He was like an enraged creature of the wild; it was not love, it was more like abuse.

"Well, I have more if you want." Othello sounded from the bedding with his legs spread out. "I am still virile for another round."

Desdemona turned her back on him, avoiding to look at his face without the mask and his enraging tool. She walked over to the pail of water and took the wet sponge out. She dabbed her body with the sponge to ease the bruises. He had then got out of the bedding and approached her.

"No more, my love. I am tired." Desdemona saw him coming and protested.

"How could you deny me? This is our first real session of it, and you tell me no." Othello asked her back. "Am I not good enough for you?"

"No, its just that I am tired. I need to rest. We could do it later." Desdemona reached toward him but he withdrew back.

"I know what is wrong. If not you that needed resting. Its me." Othello rebuked back in anger. "I am not to your expectation."

"Why are you saying that? I did not said that. I only needed rest." Desdemona was getting upset at him. She walked away but he grabbed her by the arm.

"Walk away from me, and I would have you leave my life forever." Othello threaten her. Desdemona looked at him with shock. Was this her lover; she asked herself.

"You are either drunk or ....silly." Desdemona told him. She pulled her arm away, but he held onto it tight. He pulled at her to swing her across the room.

"I shall be back later. Be ready, woman." With Othello pulled on his clothes and went out the doorway leaving her crying on the floor.


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...