Saturday, October 11, 2014

Othello the Legatus Act 3 Part 1.34

Prologue 20

Othello looked to the departing Centurion while he stood there. He then looked to Bay.

"Iago is a good man. He had there for me when I needed a friend, and a good Centurion." Othello sighed. "Maybe he had really my heart in his conscience that he spoke of her. And Cassio?"

"Did she select me or was me who selected her?" The Legatus asked himself then. He prided himself of being handsome, and more of his rank in the Legionnaire. But with the scars on his face, he had shielded himself with the wars, and the Legion. He met Brabatio at the Senate, and with that the turn of events. He was to meet her and then the jousting of words when they met. He soon overtook Cassio at the main guest at the house.

"Maybe she did. She had her fling on me and now may be looking for fresh prey." Othello sighed. "I am the fool if I am to be cheated. I have no choice but to learned to hate her."

"A cursed which I have to endure." Othello felt the anger in him. "A union which was to last, but it was a fallacy for us. Those we love, not all but the ones that mattered betray us more than the tribesmen. I guessed we are destined to be one that would look at our back."

Othello picked up the stone on the ground, and threw it at the direction of the Bay. He then remembered a past acquaintance's.

"Emilia..." Othello remembered his other lover; the one he had discarded upon his injury. She was there in the Castra while he healed, but left him when he was to be discharge. His last glimpse of her was the back view of her walking out of the room. They were together for over a few years with peace time to know each other, but all it took was one battle which shaped their parting.


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...