Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Tempest Act 5, Scene 1 Part 6

Act 5, Scene 1 Part 6

Much later when the mess were cleared, Paul asked the young ones to leave.

"All of you are not needed here." Paul told them.

"Father,what of me? Do I lived on in darkness? Are you that blind to leave me here by myself?" Miranda looked to her father. "Are you heartless like before? Even Prospero, your hero in Tempest, found kindness to forgive."

Paul looked to her. Tempest was one tale he always tell Miranda.

"I have, Miranda." Paul replied. "You would not be alone. Ariel is here. So will Freddy. He would not die, but he may not walked anymore. He would need your help to move as he would guide you in the dark. In true, I have become Prospero. I had forgiven him. He owns everything we have; Alan', Christopher and myself. Enough to take care of both of you for life."

Paul looked to Ariel.

"Ariel would be there to assist you.. Its his last task to me. He would be your servant when I die. All he asked that the two of you leave this place with him. He would take you on a world wide tour. He would care for you as he had did for me."

Ariel who had listened nodded his head.

"I do, my benefactor."

"Alan and myself would die here as once when we started together the family. We stay united till death do us die together." Paul recite the pledge he made with Alan. "So now go. Ariel had another vehicle hidden away. He would take you all away."

"You too, Gonzales." Paul told him. "You would make them a trust fund that would keep them going."

Miranda looked to her father, but he hushed her words.

"I married your mother when she nothing good about me. But she soon found love with me. You would with him, as he needed you more than ever." Paul told her. He looked at her expression and decided to try his luck with a passage from Tempest; a part she liked.

"I weep at mine unworthiness, that dare not offer....." Paul was interjected.

"What I desire to give, and much less take..." Miranda stopped while she wipe the tears on her eyes. "What I shall die to want, but this is tiffling...."

Miranda stopped.

"I am blind, Father. What is beauty on me, when I cannot see it for myself." Miranda looked to Freddy. "Can he see me for that, or does he see a blind ....maiden in desperation for a man."

"No, Miranda. I did not marry you to Freddy for sympathy. I saw in him some good qualities." Paul told her. "But his late admission threw me to my first conclusion. He is an impostor by himself. He was imposing to love you but he wanted to get at me through you. He went through his father to get at the business his father owned. I saw in him, the greed which was why I shot him. I had to make him an invalid, to ....be with you."

Paul looked to the young man on the seat. He was tended to his wounds temporary but he would live.

"I had to make him leveled to you. His father would agreed. We are partners and partners are leveled."

Freddy looked at the old men and then at Miranda. He felt he was being checkmate by them. With his condition, he was a washout for anyone. He looked at Miranda. He then saw someone he might want to know.

"I am yours, if you want me. If not, I'll die your maid. To be your servant, whether you will or not." Freddy utter those words to her.

"And you need to learn your lines more." Miranda replied. She was touched by his words.

"So be it. Please leave then." Paul spoke up. "Before I forget to forgive and forget."

Paul shooed off the four persons from the Hall leaving him and Alan alone. They sat down by the seater and smiled at each other.

"So who were served both of us before our death?" Alan asked.

"Kabib, come now." Paul called out. "You had listened long and hard enough. Now come and claimed what is yours."

Kabib stepped from the hidden doorway. He was dirty and looked like he had a long run in the rain.

"You disobeyed me and left the keys with the map for them. For that I forgive you." Paul told him. "You changed my game direction, but I pulled it back to the original form. For that, I forgive you. But now I need you to forgive me for holding onto you land for so long."

"Kabib Miller, of all that belonged on this land, its yours now." Paul reached for the paper in his dressing robe. "It had been endorsed by Gonzales. But there is a condition. You are to have the two old Kings remained here till their life expired. Do you accept?"

"Yes, ....Father." Kabib bowed to the man who finally acknowledged him as his son.

"Father?" Alan looked at Paul.

"That's another tale which I would tell you later. Care to have a game of chess? This time we played with the pieces on the board only." Paul smiled.

"I don't mind, but you must let me win at least once." Alan replied while Kabib retreated to his corridor with the paper of ownership.



No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...