Monday, February 24, 2014

The Dark Queen of White 1.20

20.

Queen Clarity confronted the King on her request to invade King Bannion for the return of her lands. He had refused, citing that he had a new issue on his other borders.

"The Picts are invading the borders, and my armies are sent over there." King Thaddeus explained to her. He then grabbed the cloak of his and walked to the door. Queen Clarity wanted to stop him, but she did not push at it. It was a mild disagreement between them, and their first. She saw him closing the door and then the door opened again. Her heart jumped a beat hoping that he had reconsidered.

"Clare?" It was Snow White dressed in the new dress commissioned by the Queen. She looked sweet in it and with her fair skin, it radiates like a star.

"I saw the King leave. Can I come in?" Snow White asked the Queen. The other motioned to the young girl to come in. In the last season, they had grown closer, and with the King most times involved with the Queen, or the Lords.

"I want to play." Snow White told the new Queen but the later declined. She cited she was not feeling well, but the younger Princess was adamant. The new Queen consented and soon they were in the garden. They walked there and played with the dogs, over watched by the huntsmen retained by her. She had Gareth be their leader, while Alan had returned to the castle.

It was there, Queen Clarity came across Queen Morgana seated by the table near the porch. She was called by the one who was her grandmother.

"Sit down, Clarity or was it Clare you preferred to be called." Queen Morgana asked her.

"Tell me your intentions." Queen Clarity asked.

"I am offering you my army to fight your brother." Queen Morgana asked. "I have friends among the Lords that would assist me. You may take over your brother' lands. I do not want it."

"Why are you assisting me?" Queen Clarity asked.

"Because I like you, Clare." The older Queen replied. "We are ladies of the Court. We have our peers among the women outside."

"You knew this. I could tell from your expression." Queen Morgana continued on. "Your thoughts are open to me. I am a witch. You knew that too."

"Enough!" Queen Clarity stood up from her seat, but the older Queen told her to sit down.

"You need me to win back your lands. The same reason you wed the King here, to safeguard the lands from me. Or was it assumed that I would invade it. But had you considered that I could had influenced you to think that way. I wanted you here more for my reason."

"You achieved it, Clarity." Queen Morgana told the young Queen.

"How? And why?" Queen Clarity asked.

"As what you learned from the Huntsman. We are all bystander in the world of Man. Unless we dictate our own existence." Queen Morgana replied. "I wed Lord Falstof to be one in the Courts. Then on his demise, I made myself Queen to quell any dissatisfied Lords. I had fought many battles to be where I am, but with you, I have found my equal. Or more my successor."

"You are mad, Queen Morgana." Queen Clarity had enough and told off the older Queen. She walked over to re-join her care and forgot all about the older Queen. Soon after she rests herself by the porch, a servant came with a message.

"Meet me tonight at my chamber. Morgana."

Queen Clarity did on her own inquisitive.

Queen Morgana was in a dark gown and seated at her chamber when Clarity arrived.

"Close the door, my dear." Queen Morgana motioned to her granddaughter. "Seat yourself ion the chair there."

Queen Clarity did as she was told. Once she was seated, an image formed over her head; a misty form that sailed down her head and over her back towards the older Queen. It then formed over to show her an image of three dwarfs in their mining suits complete with the picks. They all stood there next to her and bowed.

"Clarity, meet the Dwarfs of Smorg." Queen Morgana introduces the newly arrived forms. "The dwarfs are wizards themselves, although they dig a lot in their spare times. Their real names are difficult to speak in our tongue, but they are also known as Greed, Influence and Killer."

"Do not be alarmed by it." Queen Morgana continued on seeing the expression of the other Queen's expression. "They are nicknamed after the characteristics of Man."

"My Queen," The three dwarfs replied in unison and bowed to the young Queen.

"They obviously like you. They are already switching alliance now." Queen Morgana sighed, and then laughed. "You half wits are mercenaries in your loyalty."

"Pardon us, Queen Morgana, but your reign may soon end." The dwarf named Influence told her off. "So shall we do the deed now?"

The three dwarfs in unison called on the spells which soon engulfed the new Queen. It restrained her to the chair and then formed a cocoon over her. She soon find herself in a dream state with fleeting images, from her birth to her recent wedding. She heard conversations, discussions where she was an audience, and then the relationship with her caretaker, her twin brother, and then Gareth and King Thaddeus. Then she saw the future; a limited future of her coming life.

She woke up in a start, and sank back on the chair. She looked up with her weary eyes at the older Queen.

"Why did you do that? And how?" Queen Clarity asked her.

"All of us have a role to play, and a journey that was laid out for us. It very certain we can change it but each time we changed the course, we end up in new a journey. But the end result would still remain the same." Queen Morgana told the young Queen. "I saw mine, and tried to change it, but I could not. So I live it and went ahead with it. We are the selected line of ladies who are to continue on this track. Our destiny lined up for us and our fate determined."

Queen Clarity sighed. All of her life, she had never thought why her mind was so wrapped up on the lands. Then she understood; she was destined to live with it.

It’s her legacy.

As the Queen.

Not of any lands, but of any land within the realm. 

She was the Queen of the realm and she would prove it to them.

The line of the Iron Ladies.

She would be the one to live her destiny.

She was fated to be the Iron Lady of Queens'; the one to ruled over the others.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...