Monday, September 23, 2013

Twinkle my love


Twinkle, twinkle, little star
How I wonder what you are
Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky

"Mum, would the stars come down one day?" She asked me. I looked up into the skies and saw the stars.

"Yes, they would one day. If you wished hard enough for them to come down." I told her. She heard my words but she did not take her eyes off the stars.

"Then would I be able to see once more?" She asked me.

"Yes, my dear. If they come down to see you one day. But now, its time for you to tell them you need to sleep." I leaned over to kiss her cheeks. She turned over on her side while I pulled her blanket up. I got up and joined her father in the living room. He sat there and looked at me when I walked in.

"Is she asleep?" He asked.

"Yes. And its time we also sleep." I reached out my hand to his before I lead him to stand up. He took up his walking stick and followed me as his guide. He stumbled on the carpet but he did not fall.

“Sorry, its the darned carpet.” He said. I stopped and reached out for his arms. I clasped it around me and held him firm.

“Thank you, Star.” He replied. I pondered to myself, would my Twinkle find her own star one day.

“She would be fine.” He told me. Its one thing to be blind in love, but in love, nothing is blind to the concerns we shared together. Its how we handle it determined our love.







No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...