Thursday, June 6, 2013

Teleported to Hell


Imagine that you were in a Teleportation machine and ended up in a house which you had never been to before, about how the house looked like and what amazed you most about the house.

I be darned, where in tarnation am I? One moment ago, I was standing at my lab looking at the morbid design by Sidney, explaining to me his latest wonder juice maker if I may termed it, as the last experiment sent the chimp back in a plastic bag addressed right to the morgue. 

"No, Sidney. I am not testing your latest gizmo, not even for the love of your sister." I replied to him as he coaxed me into the box with the wirings all jousted across the floor like a pit of vipers ready to strike on me. I may be in love with his sister, but I was not sure treating family members to unfamiliar contraptions accounted for 'welcome to the family' tradition. Soon he got me strapped down and then I came to my senses later here.

 And where in tarnation am I?

 A stone structure building house with half of it having plunged down the cliff side, courtesy of land movement or perhaps some what worse calamities man have rarely imagined. The walls of the remaining stone building was all plain rocks with a wooden double door latched with a heavy bar across it. I checked the width and length of the so called space I was standing over; big enough to accommodate my trailer truck but heaven forbids, that was all I got. There was no windows, and both ends of the accommodating space was two side walls of four feet wide. I did peeked over the crumbled back or front of the structure, and its was a long drop to perhaps oblivion as I could not make out the bottom from my view.

 I walked to the double door and tried to raised the bar that was placed across it. It moved but only enough for me to released it before I tore any muscles. I leaned against the wall and looked above me. There it was the dark skies and with a possibility of a storm coming up. I paced my enclosure; it I may termed it.

 There must a reason I am here. Maybe its Sidney in-genius method of testing me of my worth to marry his sister. She was a beautiful lady but smartness of the brains remained probably in her bosom more than the head. I duly admit, I married her for her beauty and not her brains; sadly reminded here again, lack in most fields besides moaning and groaning. Probably that's why I chose to married her; she had not commented on my performance to date. But Sidney and myself, we are genius in the works. I do pride myself being his superior in aeronautics to gravitational physics, where he was into massed objects connectivity and triple complexities mathematical. We do test out each other designs and I do admit, he fared better in mine than his own. But this confounding design have left me with no scientific explanation as to what, where, how and why am I in this place.

 Then I heard a knock on the door.

 "Alas, I am saved." I muttered to myself.

 "Who's there?" I shouted out in my bellowing voice. Much to my concerned, I was greeted by a meekly reply.

 "Signore, please don't shout. Your life may depend on it." I was taken aback by the voice which had sounded out the cautioned to me, and more to it, I was addressed in a manner which I was not suited for.

 "Signore? Surely, you must take me for being balmy. I am Doctor Peterson, scientific extraordinaire from the best University. Who~" My self declaration was intervened by the same meekly voice.

"Signore, please. No, raising of the voice. Your tone could dislodged the last holding of the ledge you are standing on." The voice replied.

Ledge, he said. I am ....By golly, I am on a ledge per se. It was then my knees buckled up and held myself hard on the only retaining wall. I sank down to my haunches and whispered back.

"Please helped me. I need to get out of here." I pleaded with my unseen would be savior.

"Si, Signore. I am here to help, but you need to calmed down." The simple voice came back and it was dared assuring to be heard. "Please stand up and move the bar across the door. It does not lift but moved across."

By tarnation, in all my brain knowledge. I have failed to deduced that there it was a slide design. I made my way up and slowly pushed at the bar. It went sideway like knife on a melted butter. Now with that out of the way, I was able to pulled at the door, but it swung inwards. It width was the same as the flooring space and thus blocking me off from the exit. I am down to one third of my earlier space, and in my mind was the feeling of claustrophobia.

"Si, Signore. Where are you?" I heard the voice but not the sight.

"I am stuck over this side." I replied in low whispers. "Can you move the door back, so I can stepped out?"

"Me, Signore? I am afraid not. I am too weak to move anything that size. Its bigger than anything I have ever ..."

I was getting agitated at that meekly voice and raised my own.

"Looked here, whoever you are. Anyone can moved that door? Unless you are a timid weenie mouse." It was then the flooring on my side fell off half a feet of its space. I recoiled back in fear as I was afraid it would cracked more.

"Please help me." I pleaded to the meekly voice but the reply I got gave me the shivers.

"I am trying, Signore. Please don't shout. You would only weaken the structure." I heard some movement noises but the door remained where it was. I decided then that it was time for me take some actions of my own. I leaned out on the door and tried to peeked over. I believed the next explanation was major panic and morning breakfast preluded my possible descent to oblivion.

"Signore, are you okay?" I heard the voice but my reply was my own muttered reply with the constant nodding of my head. I leaned back against the wall, and tried to regain back my composure.

"Whoever you are over yonder, I thanked you for trying to save me. I believed this would be a pathetic notion and I  am resigned to my fate." I held my face in my arms and for the first time in many years felt remorse and helpless in working out the solution. I recalled my arrogant attitude towards my peers and including Sidney. I owed it more to his sister who had stood by me, taking every demeaning acts of mine upon herself without a whim.

"Signore, perhaps if you pushed the door closed again, you could come over." The meekly voice sounded over. I was taken back by the advise as it was a sound one. I had missed it out on my egoistic mind. I stood up and pushed at the door and there it closed again. I then stepped over the side and opened it wide again. I was out of the cramped area and there facing me was my love, and her brother.

"Thank you, Jimmy. You have completed my test with the machine." Sidney smiled at me and then reached for the remote to turned off the illusion which he had created on me. I looked at the love of my life and smiled.

"So, brainy. How does it feel to be humbled?" She leaned over and kissed me on my left cheek. "I shall reserved that lips for tonight. Right now, you need to clean up."

I nodded and stepped off the chair. It was all an illusion to placed me with the people around me. I never knew who far I have detached myself until then.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...