Friday, March 15, 2013

The Frog tale; sequel to the tale

"Oh, my goodness." Jill exclaimed out in despair. "What happened to you,. Jack?"

"I don't know. I came up to fetch the water like you asked. I stopped by the well, and needed a drink. I took up the bucket and took the drink. There after, I became this .....frog." Jack the once Prince was now a frog; to be exact a bullfrog. "Its not too bad. I just ate up the population of flies around the well before you came up."

"Oh, what can I do?" Jill asked back. "Its all my fault. I shall not have asked you to fetch the water. You are a Prince and not a servant."

"I may be a Prince but in my life, you are my would be Queen." Jack beamed up his tongue at her.

"Stop that, Jack. Its not what I may termed as a kiss when you are a frog now." Jack likes to stick his tongue into her lips when he kissed her before.

'Kiss? Yeah, why didn't I think of it. It worked on Henry and he reverted back to his original self.' Jack thought to himself. It might work here. I love Jill and she loves me. A perfect match to a perfect finish in this tale.

"Jill, kiss me one more time. I seen it works on other Princes." Jack the Bullfrog stuck out his tongue again.

"Disgusting!" Jill remarked back. "There is no way I would kiss a frog again even though he may be another Prince."

She kicked the frog who rolled down the hill before losing his crown.

"How come it did not work here like in Henry's tale...." The poor frog croaked for the last time.

If only he heard the last words of Jill.

"Henry, there is another copycat of yours. He thought I would kissed him like I did for you. Instead I croaked him down the hill."

It goes to say that nothing that you imitated may not worked the way it happened originally.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...