Saturday, December 1, 2012

Save the Tree Campaign ( Disney Style )

Look for the bare necessities
The simple bare necessities
Forget about your worries and your strife
I mean the bare necessities
That's why a bear can rest at ease
With just the bare necessities of life
( Excerpts from the song 'Bare Necessities'; Jungle Book )

"I tell you, it ain't fun without Mowgli. I mean I used to like the song; sang it when I am happy or needed to be, but now I find I lacked the tempo to do it." I moaned my lack of enthusiasm to Bagheera and Shere Khan.

Shere Khan? Fear not. Since the last antics with Mowgli, he has reformed; he is now one good Tiger. He plays galf on weekends.

Did I say galf? Yes, Galf is played one or more players. It involves hitting a round fruit off the tree with the tail. Well, I could not joined so I get to judge. Shere and Bagheera plays it and most times neither gets to win until the monkeys got fed up watching them prancing on their paws trying to somersault. In the end, the monkeys threw the the fruits. The happy ending was they never liked it so

I had the full share but they came back for the tournament. It was not long until Bagheera sprained her back.

"Bah! I had enough. These silly jumping is back for my back." Bagheera stop playing and Shere lost his mood for it. That was when I resumed singing but there were no takers to join me. I meant there were, but Shere has too loud a bass and Bagheera mights as well moan on his back pain.

I took my leave of them to seek out Mowgli. I saw him at the village. I could pick him up from the song he was singing.

I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a magic carpet ride
A whole new world
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us no
Or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming
( Excerpts from the song 'A Whole New World'; Aladdin )

He is also holding a baby. Guess he did not mean me there. Okay, I can take a no. I walked back to the inner jungle. I met the Jungle Patrol and they are silent in their march. I ran up to the Colonel.

"What's up, Colonel? Rat got your voice."

"Hush, Baloo. We are on a silent march to protest on the deforestation. So back off and don't stop our parade."

Ooh, he is in a foul mood. I made my way on and met the Vultures perching on the main tree branch.

"Hi, Fab. Outta desert for a holiday or you are lost?" I asked as I stood below them. That was a wrong spot; I got drenched with leftover fishes.

"I tell ya, dead meat and dead fish ain't the same. One's a delicacy but the other is just smell." Paul the Vulture complained with a hoarse voice. "Sure drowned up my voice. Dinna believe me. Watch me sing this chorus."

For a long time we've been marching off to battle
In a thundering herd we feel a lot like cattle
Like the pounding beat,
Our aching feet aren't easy to ignore,
Hey! Think of instead, a girl worth fighting for!
Huh?

That's what I said, a girl worth fighting for!
I want her paler than the moon,
With eyes that shine like stars
My girl will marvel at my strength,
Adore my battle scars
I couldn't care less what she'll wear,
Or what she looks like,
It all depends on what she cooks like:
Beef,
Pork,
Chicken,
Mmmm....
( Excerpts from Mulan. )

I nodded as he sounded horrific and I smell terrible I excused myself to get a bath. Guess there is no old days anymore. That was what I thought of as I laid in the pond freed of my stench. I looked up at skies and then the trees. And then to hills and the mountains behind it. I started singing these lines.

You think I'm just an ignorant bear
And you've been so many places; I guess it must be so
But still I cannot see, if the bear-able one is me
How can there be so much that you don't know?
You don't know...
You think you own whatever land you land on
The earth is just a dead thing you can claim
But I know every rock and tree and creature
Has a life, has a spirit, has a name.
You think the only people who are people
Are the people who look and think like you
But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger
You'll learn things you never knew you never knew
Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon
Or asked the grinning bobcat why he grinned
Can you sing with all the voices of the mountain
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?
( Adapted from Colors of the Wind; Pocahontas.)

Soon the whole forest sang with me. I know what is needed to done. If King Kong won't do it, then Baloo the Bear would. I am going stop the deforestation.

I should had seen to Bagheera' concern; 'Please tell me the crazy bear is not going to start a new epic. I am just too old for another epic.....oh, my back hurts'.
There is a saying in the jungle, and its sung as below:

Hakuna matata!
What a wonderful phrase!
Hakuna matata!
Ain't no passin? craze.
It means no worries for the rest of your days.
It's our problem-free philosophy.
So save our forest for the next generations.......
( adapted from Hakuna Matata;Lion King. )

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...