Friday, July 13, 2012

Crusaders Part 44

17

Present

I reached for my rapier but my eyes did not leave the sight of Baal. Someone once said never turned your back on a demon unless you know how to stab in the back. My sight caught the demon trying to set his claws on my back as I crouched down to get my rapier. I rolled my body towards the demon and stabbed the short blade of mine into its upper torso into its dark heart. The blade is like my rapier on contact would revert to a thousand cuts but the demon could not replaced its heart without killing itself. Baal collapsed on his knees clutching his chest as his eyes rolled to the searing pains of a thousand cuts in his body.

"Sir Black.......you win this bout. I salute you, warrior of the Light."

It was to my allies I turned to see but that of my mother, whose soul now fade away back to her resting place. I also see the other souls of my allies mother all fading away too their resting place.

"Thank you..." I cried out in relief of having saved my mother's soul. "But never again would you do this again"

I picked up my rapier and stabbed it into Baal' eyes piercing it all the way to the end of his skull. I then put my leg against his face and used it to pull out my rapier. I let the lifeless body of the demon fall on the ground writhing in its thousand cuts on my last thrust.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Micheal was thrown back by the bolts on his chest again but this time he had his last pair of pistols which he had fired into Morgana' face. The steel balls pierced through her right eye and left cheek into her skull. Its travels to hit at all her vital parts of the body causing her great pain and then finally her eternal death. Micheal lies bleeding from his wound in the chest as watched the vixen writhes in pain before dying. He looked at his own and can feel his mortal life seeping away too.

"At least, it was a worthy life I have lived." Micheal said to himself.

"But your time has not come as yet." The Angel Micheal now holds the warrior of Light in his arms. He reached out for the container containing the Holy Water. "We knew it would come in handy in this battle and it would help you recover but the scar would remained."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Modred lie there holding onto his wound as he looked up to the Baron. He could not speak as the pain in his body is spreading rapidly but he reached out with his hand to the Baron. He placed his sword the Caladbolg in the Baron's hand before he drew his last breath.

"I shall see this sword return to its rightful master."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fear is plentiful for tyrants, as it is the tyrant's place to fear this sword." Micheal spoke out as he approached Lucifer with the sword.

"I beg of mercy, Micheal. Please do not use that on me." Lucifer fell to his knees and asked for forgiveness. It was then he saw Micheal looked to the skies for the answer. Its the opportunity that Lucifer would not hesitate to do his attack. He raised himself up and did a flying kick on the Angel.

But Micheal saw his move and slashed out with the sword to remove both his legs below the knee. Lucifer fell clutching his cut limbs and cried out in pain.

"My legs....You cut them off." Micheal saw his previous friend on the ground writhing away. He felt remorse for having to do that but it was a reflex of his with the sword. Or was it the sword who guided his hands.

"I banish you to Hades now, Lucifer as commanded by God. Be gone or I would be forced to remove your soul." Micheal turned his back on the fallen angel.

"But what of my legs? Surely you do not expect me to walk on stumps." Lucifer cries out in pain. Micheal is not looking at him but he is thinking to himself. Then he turned around and faced the fallen angel.

"You associate with Man yet you are not of Man. As Man associate with animals but they are not of animals. So be it that you would be the bond of the two, walked like a Man and leaves the imprint of the animal." The lower limbs of Lucifer grows back but instead of feet, he got was a pair of hoofs. "That is the punishment of God to you. But he still forgive you which is why he gives you back your legs."

"Micheal, there would be peace between Heaven and Hades as long as I ruled." That was Lucifer last words before he was banished to Hades.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The creature was first to recovered from the collision as it slowly made its way to the lying beast with its eyes blinded. The creature we all now as Clawler extend his claws and rammed it into the serpent head to pierced its brain. The serpent on being stabbed in its brain shrieked out a sharp bark before its was silenced forever.

Clawler on seeing the beast dead dropped to its knees and let its limbs hand loose by its side. If one who does know the creature, they would know he is saying a prayer to the fallen foe so that they can be redeemed to be good spirits in their next journey.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Bravo! Bravo! I salute your victory, Gabriel." The one who spoke is none other than the fallen archangel, Lucifer who is freed of his captivity on the demise of his son. " I can see you selected your warriors well, and even a demon can be one of yours. I am truly amazed and utterly delighted at the action taken by them."

"Lucifer, you are freed of your holdings. Good, we have restored you back now to your former position." Gabriel walked up to his former friend and angel.

"Balance restored? There was no imbalance at all. Oh, I am so sorry. You mean Baal's action would had tip the balance between us. I am afraid you are mistaken. Do you think of me as a fool to be captured by him and his useless Lords. No, I volunteer myself to be captured by his Lords. I wanted to see how far they would had gone with this charade. Only yourself was deceived by the stupid game they played. Gabriel, I am sadly mistaken if you are taken for a fool" Lucifer laughed while the four of us lies injured from his so called Son's game.

"Come, we must leave now." Gabriel grabbed all four of us and the other warriors in a gust of wind to leave the place. It was when we are back at the Church alone with Gabriel when I questioned him.

"Was it a game?" Gabriel looked at me.

"Its to him but to us, we have completed a mission as the warriors of the Light. Now rest and recover as we have other adventures ahead of us." Gabriel took his leave of us in the Church. But before he fade away, he turned back to look at us. "You would not be alone."

The doors to the Church opened and our family members who are alive in this mortal world came to greet us. After a grueling year of fighting demons, its always nice to be with your loved ones.

"My husband, during your absence you have another daughter." In looked at my wife and smiled.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...