Saturday, July 7, 2012

Crusaders Part 41

Present

"There is nothing on the scroll. How can we unlock something that is empty of description." Ben got up from his seat and stepped away from the large fire pile which acts as our warming source from the cold night winds. Morgana who sat by him, soon followed to hold the demon by his shoulders. We are taking refuge with Qu-bee among his people as we try to decipher the scroll.

"Qu-bee, why did the Man of Nowhere called the Sea Dragon ?" I thought of distracting the rest by raising a totally irrelevant question.

"We called it the Sea Dragon as it dwells in the ocean and swim with the flows to all directions as its desire takes to flow. It would come by our land, and when it does; it would show us the leaps and then the water fountain. We do not hold it back as its never meant to be. But in our prayers when the needs do come, it would appear and do the savings like what you saw today. The Man of Nowhere protects us from evil."

Then a idea come to my mind.

"We need to go back to London. I know where the scroll can be made to unlock the answer to our missing Devil."The four of them including Morgana looked at me. "Qu-bee, where can we seek passage to go across the waters back to our island?"

"I can provide it to you." Morgana speaks again. I know she would. She has been staying with us for some reasons but I am not sure which one of them are good. But I would soon know. "My payment is Excalibur."

"So the vixen speaks finally. I was wondering why you would assist us unless you needed something from us." i laughed at her exchange while Helmut held onto his sword for fear it would fly off from the scabbard. "Morgan, tell me how long did you stay uneasy all these days watching the sword which you desire so long? Was curing Ben a motive to get close to us or was it part of your plan with his altogether?"

The four of us confront the couple as they stood by themselves across us.

"My love, you rush the plan when we are almost succeeding. So Sir Black, you see through our ruse to lead you here. But you would not win as the High Lords would win eventually." Ben or Baal as we would called him now, mock at his lover and then at us. "I joined in your quest, as to know where you may be headed. I thought my trap in the dry plains would had killed you, but then I change it so I can follow your adventure. I was found out by the Shaman's but I sacrificed Judas for me. They did not see my deceit and was pleased with the result until they realize it, they hunt us at the Great Lakes. They called on Great Lakes protector to drown us, and I had to force my hand. But I did to protect all of us. I summoned Morgana to come over and aid me. The rest you know but now you knew too much." He looked at Morgana; "You are too attached to the sword. That is your downfall."

"So you called on the giant squid to attacked us but the Sea Dragon stopped your effort. The scroll was another ruse. There is a Key to Nowhere and you ar not sure where and which one. You wanted to distract us again." I had then pulled out my rapier.

"Yes, my Leviathan did not do a good job as I expected. How was I know the Sea Dragon would come to assist. Since you know so much, tell me why do we need to go back to London? What makes you think my father would be held there." Baal now agitated called on me to explain my plans.

"Baal, you are mistaken. I say we go back to London but I did not say your father would be there. He may not be on this mortal plane at all." Baal laughed at my statement.

"Then you have failed. I would see you back in London." Baal took Morgana' hand and disappeared in a puff of smoke.

"No,I have not failed. Am I not right, Qu-bee or shall I refer to your given native name 'The Man of Nowhere'."I turned to face the native known as Qu-bee. "The people came to see you that day and not me. As you said, in their call for you, you would arrive. You did and saved them from the squid. You called it forth the Sea Dragon to deal with the squid. It was not one Sea Dragon who came but two. The injured one retreated when it was injured while the other one came from the depths to fight the Squid. I saw the difference as the second one has no wounds. Now the pair is in the depths to recover."

"Warrior of the Light, I salute you. I have heard of your journey and I came to see you. But I was surprise that you travel with the unspoken one. But I had to wait my turn as now you may know, hasty action does not work." The Man of Nowhere smiled at the earlier hasty move of Morgana.

"Man of Nowhere, you travel far in this continent which is why they called you that name. You met the Devil and he told you of his tale. You hold the key to this missing moment. He must has said something to you if he is to be found."

"Yes, I met the El-Diablo as we called him here. He told me of his son betraying him along with some of his now named the High Lords. He speaks of one area that can hold him in captivity." The Man of Nowhere drew the picture on the ground. All four of know why we need to go back to London now.

"The Great Eagles would fly there. I have summoned them from the high mountains and they would carry you across the sea to the cold island. There you would meet the allies of Light who would carry you on. God's power with you, my warriors." The Man of Nowhere points to the sky and we saw the four large eagles that is swooping down.

"I wondered how does it fell like when you are flying?" I asked myself loudly.

"Like on the sea, you get sick at times." The Man of Nowhere replied to me. He may had done it and probably know.


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...