Saturday, January 21, 2012

Seven Sins of Man Finale

10
Everything was dark and gloomy in the cell which they put me in. I cannot even see my hands in front of my face let alone trying to focus on anything. I am stripped naked and thrown into his dark cell. I tried to measured it by walking along the wall and then I recalled its is circular and the only way out is by the top which I have no idea how high is it. I tried to jump but I can’t reach the top. I scoured the bottom floor for openings of any kind but none. So they put me in big metal cannister and I been here for hours now without food or drinks.
I sat back on the floor and drew up my knees for comfort. Its frightening and I hoped the rest are better off. This is the worse kind of punishment a person can take, but I will survive this. I focused my energy on the wall and the pain came. It hurts so badly that I had to clutch my ears tight to shut it off. They had some kind of feedback here on the prison walls, that I tried to blow it or bend it, the sonar waves come online. I have never felt hopeless like this before and this is the worst. 
Something dropped down and the hole was closed. I reached out with my hands and groped the surface. I found it; its an plastic pack and its wobbly. I think its water or some thing like that. I feel it for the top opening and found the nozzle. I raised it to my mouth and I pressed the pack. It was a relief to have some something in my body. Its refreshing and taste good. 
It was like this for a period of time and on occasions the spraying of water to washed away the feces and urine. Then the food will come and then nothing for hours. And nothing to do but wait. 
And wait.
Finally they came. I was pulled out and wrapped in a big towel, I was sent to an area where they sprayed me down with a fire hose. And then dragged into a room where two ladies manhandled me like a puppet; pruning my hair into a crew cut and dressing some wounds that I got inflicted during my containment. Then I was bundled into a bed and strapped in. A syringe was applied to my forearm and next thing I know I was seeing mum; Maddie Irwing again, 
Mum....Maddie.... is that you? Its does sounds eerie to be talking to a person you saw died ten over years ago. She just nodded and points her hand at me. I am wearing the same clothes as Pride again. The same outfit I wore when I came back to see her that evening. She just smiled and then she cringe in fear. I tried to walk to her but I can’t move. No....Mu, its me, Prude. Pride won’t hurt you anymore. I control her. I promise.
I woke up to see Ms.Kristen standing before my bed. The bitch threw me in the pit and now she standing before me. I want to slammed her to the wall but I could n’t. Nothing is working, even though I focused hard. It used to so easy then. But now its all gone. I am now Prude and no more Pride. I lost my gift. I am finally free of it, and I can lead a real life. 
But what about the other family members?
“Ms.Kristen, what about my family members?” I looked at her with the pleading eyes for the truth and no more lies. 
“Ms.Prude, they are all fine. Except for you, none of them want to give up their gift. So you are the exception. You will be released from here in a day or two. You will not tell anyone of what and why you were here. Or we will have you treated with extreme prejudice. Is that understood?” She has the threat outlined in her eyes.
“Can I see my family one more time?” But she declined my request.
It was two days later when I was released in the same clothes I was wearing that day. The date was two weeks from my capture. I was let off the car in the edge of the city we were staying in. I walked home to see it all as when we left, but no sounds of the usual chatter or noise I was used to listening. Its all over, as I looked at the photo on the frame stand in the living room. I went up to my room and there was the two beds which I used one and Sally the other. I walked to the rooms, and all their things are there. Nothing has changed. But there was something that changed and that is me. I am all alone now; a normal person with no gifts and probably no job right now. 
I sat down alone in the house and cried my sorrows out. Its so bloody unfair to me after the ten years I been with them. They taken my family and I am all alone. 
Alone and tired.
For three months, I was walking the street to be a normal person looking for a normal job, and I found one. It was as a shop assistant in a hardware shop. Its my new beginning and I hope it will work. I still missed them but I have no gift to rescue them back.
I am no more Pride. I am just Prude.
It was that morning after having worked for two months when he came in. He was dressed like any normal guy and wants to look around for some paint. I said okay, try the shelf on the right. He did and I went back to work. After a while, he came up with one can to be purchased. I ring up the register  and he showed me his gun. Darned robbery in the middle of the day and on my shift. 
“Mister, you can take the paint but don’t shoot me.” I was pleading with my life then. He waved the gun and told me to clear the register. I reached for the money in there and passed it to him. 
“Is that all? You lying bitch.” He took up the can of paint and throw it at me. It was all in slow motion as I see the flying can aimed at my head. Its a one pint can but its going to hit me soon. I raised my hands up to protect my face. It was then I screamed out loud and everything was in whirlwind motion. 
The robber was across the room on his back at the floor covered with the pint of paint over his body. He looked dead and I am having an intense headache. I must had blown out the door and the whole shop front with the tools and items from the store all flying out. It struck a long trailer which happened to past by, with the all the projectiles buried on its side. The trailer almost turned over if not the driver who turned his wheel to balance the onslaught on his trailer. I was standing there looking at the open shop front and then back at myself. 
“Be nice or Pride will tell you apart.” Yes, I am back and I am angry. 
I looked out the shop for the weasel who has been shadowing me for the last three months. There he is trying to get into his car. Too bad for you, Mr Weasel but you are being packaged for delivery to hell on a one way ticket. I mind swept his car into a bundle of scrap with him in it. That will tell Ms.Kristen she is next on my courier listing. She just pushed the time schedule ahead of mine. I am walking home that day to be bring my family back. 
One week later, I am standing at the guardhouse of Global Research, with my hair tied to a short pony tail. They locked the gate and has two SUV standing there. They aimed the sonar wave at me but this time I gave them a taste of it. I directed the sonar wave to the walls of the perimeter and watched it cracked and then collapsed. Then I pushed the SUV into a collision that smashed vehicles into a ball of scrap.  The six man team saw their vehicles damaged, turned to run back to the facility. I assisted them by slamming them to the wall of the building head first. 
It was then the Family2 came out to confront me. 
“Hello Pride.” I like Prince cool act of acknowledging me but he is not in my league and now my type. I prefer stiffs from the Museum to him. He did not see it coming like before but this time I did not locked him with furniture. I slammed him back against the wall, and then skewered him on the iron spokes lined up as low garden fence. He won;t die just as yet but he will soon enough from the flow of the blood. Even he tries to push up with his gift, he will just lengthen the pain in him. 
Helga saw her ‘brother’ died and went berserk on me. She grew up to fifteen feet and rushed towards me. I took her momentum to trip her down to the ground, and then I raised her high up upside down. It was all I needed to pushed her to the ground head first again but this time there is no deep pit. She is buried in five feet of solid ground and she is not moving anywhere. 
The rest started running for cover but I am Pride now. And its a very mad Pride. I sent all them flying to the walls head first. They could not stopped the anger in me, but they will know how I felt in the isolation tube. 
Family 2 has been broken up for good. 
“Prude, its us. Graham, Gareth, Lois, Evie, Sally and Angst.” I see the six of them standing there and they are all looking fine. Its nice to see them again but I know they are not who they are seen to be.
“No, you are not. Show me your true self, you devil. I know you are there in that hologram, Ms. Kristen. ” The six members of my family dispersed to show one tough lady standing there. Ms.Kristen Benjamin. She is holding a small remote unit in her right hand that is what projected the hologram. She wants me to come near so she can take me on. 
“How did you know, Pride?” She does look very nice in the pink two piece but like the Devil, you can never tell what is inside her. She threw all the remote and started walking to me. I know her tricks now. 
“Stop there. Sally told me. She has been telling me all about you during the ten years we were together. I kept her in the room with me so I can protect her from you. She had nightmares of almost every night. You make her do things that a child would not had even thought of. She told me you made holograms so they can see themselves. You are a demented person, Ms. Kristen. Your son suffered the same fate and he left last year because of you. You abused him, you bitch. You married for the sake of name but inside you is a twisted lady with ideas on children. That’s why you took Sally under your care when Global Research seconded the kids to different mentor. You did not want any of us except her being the youngest, and most innocent. Is it we are too big for your bed?” I can see her expression has turned as I reveal her dark side. The woman is a mad lady with crazy ideas. 
“You underestimated Sally, Ms.Kristen. She did outgrow your fear and she told me more than that. She told me of the experiments you did before. Project God’s Way was yours from the start. Doctor Godfrey and Maddie just continued your work to recreate hopefully another you. You are like us but you were the first’s. We are the next upcoming generation. You were called the Inhuman s then; superior beings with the unique gifts. But you are the last of the seven originals. The rest  died in their missions or of aging, but not you. You were never in the active field. You always keep back and direct the missions. You sent people to die for you.” I knew all of this from Sally and I kept it to myself all these years. For the times like this. 
And there are more to what I know.  And yet to be revealed. 
“I am the first, Pride. But you are the best. Your family was one of the few with dual or more gifts per person. Yes, I needed to be with the kids, because my gift is not hologram; we built that years ago and it was used by us in missions. But my real gift was in me, and not given by any serum. So were the rest of us but mine had a flaw, I need to absorb the power from the others. I needed them to sustain me all these years. I extracted the DNA to be perfected as a serum. The forty nine kids were to be the next generations but they did not really work well. Some of them had partial gifts but they are useless in the works we do. I had them removed for good.” This lady has no remorse for the kids she put in the tests. She thrive on them to feed her. She continued her plight.
“Micheal was special, he was truly my love child but he had one gift, he emits kindness to whoever is near him. He fought me back when he was older but I am stronger. Just as I broke you, I did the same to him. He finally took the guts to leave me last year. You may had seen him in the city as he worked some streets from yours. He is a broken man and I’ve broken him. So if I can do that to my son, why would I hesitate on you?” She still does not know or  pretend not to know. 
“Because I am your daughter. You forsake me at the young age when I showed the gift. You kept me with them so I can nurtured it. You wanted me back but Maddie stopped you. Maddie lied to you that I can still be developed. You let Maddie continue on me. But actually she was trying to reverse the process.Instead she could only teach me me to control it and how to turned it off.” I can see the lady’s face turned to rage. She was cheated of one more kid to be tap on for her own. 
“I knew what you did in the pit. Maddie told me before that of it before. She was trying to re-build that too, but she failed to do so. But she told there is a flaw in the system. If I do not fight with my gift, I can overcome the effect, but the it will take time for the gift to come back. How long was the unanswered query and what can trigger it was the next. But I waited my chance. You let me off just as I was about to break myself. At the infirmary, I did try to killed you but my gift has gone to a relapse as Maddie said it would. I had to bide my time until I am back. I am now and your bogey robbery was the final test to opened up my gift. I know that guy’s face as he was with the weasel I packed up with the car. So thanks to you, I am back earlier than expected.” 
“Pride, how did you know of your birth?” She is in pain now to see me reveal the truth. She is thinking back of the child she once held in her arms. Perhaps she has some decency in her. 
“Maddie told me one night when I asked her if I can see my real mum? She said I see my mother almost daily and I never knew. I thought she meant herself, but after we left here, she told that it was you. You gave me up to become a subject for testing.  Since then I loved Maddie as my own. And never you. When you broke Micheal, I knew I had to confront you. Micheal not as stupid as you think he is just being quiet and observant. Its also his hidden gift. It all adds up and now I am here.” 
“I am so sorry, Pride, but I wanted you to be special like me. I let them do those experiments so you can be. Maddie told me she has a new formula which can do it better. I let her and gave you to her. I really loved you and I wanted what was mine also be yours. But not your so called family. They are all strangers to me. And they are all dead now. I took their gift when I saw them as they made you run away form me. More to it, I am needed their gifts as without it I would died. If you want to see them, they are all in the mortuary. But Pride, you need not die. We can be together like a new family. I can accept Micheal back too.”
“Sorry, MUM. But Micheal died three days ago. And today you will see him on the other side.”
But she was fast; when she was talking she moved nearer to me and now she is within her power range. She turned on her gift towards me and I can feel the life of mine being pulled away. I tried to block or pushed her but its not working. I even tried to stepped back but the power to hold me there is too strong. I am drawn to her and every second goes, i am losing my soul to her. 
“You can’t fight me, Pride. Others have tried and the more they used their gifts, the faster I get to take theirs. You are mine soon, and all mine. There can always be another Pride besides you. I know as I have created you before. The new one is inside me now.”
I have to stopped her from destroying another life. 
There is no other way except this. I reached for my jacket and drew out the 38 special. I did not have to aimed as she is only twenty paces away. I pulled the trigger and watched the bullet traveled to her chest and ripping into her flesh. It was enough for her to stop her gift and she fell like a rock. 
I got up ever slowly to my feet and moved towards her. She is still breathing although the breaths she take are quite heavy now. I looked at the lady who killed so many kids for the gift to continue her’s, including her son and daughter. And maybe her next unborn child.
“Pride....” But I shot her point blank in the head. I had enough of mummy’s talk. All I want now is to see my own family. 
I found them as she said where they will be. 
They are all dead; all six of them on the metal table covered with a white cloth. 
Evie looks ever beautiful with her dimple and smile, while Lois got those lovely pouting lips. They are still beautiful if not for the marks on their throat. Garrote is a painless death if done professionally. 
Sally is still the same with her ruffled hair over her forehead, while Angst finally looked calm. I saw the bullet marks on the chest. 
I cried when I saw Gareth as he had a long streak across his forehead probably when down fighting like the lad he is. 
Graham was the one I could not bear to see. They may have tried to reconstruct his face but its still looked broken. They all died fighting for the family.
My last words to them was let God forgive their sins as they were innocents. They were led to do the things by sinners and they are the pawns in the game. Just like me. 
We are all innocents driven to do things which we cannot understand. Like for now, I am pulling the trigger to the gun at my forehead. 
God, please forgive me for I have sinned for the last time. 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...