Friday, December 9, 2011

Folk Tales No. 36

Jack and Jillian ....
Do you know how difficult it is to carry a bucket full of water for a distance and that is going downhill. I mean things can happen and would happened if we are not careful.
So our story began.
‘I never knew what Jack does for a boy his age but I was adamant on winning the case. He is suing his father for undue pressure on him as a growing kid and his concussion was a result of one of these undue pressure. Let us access my client, Jack the Boy; born to a rich couple, they went separate when he was aged two and he lived with his mother on the weekends and his father on the weekdays. I guess the father’s attorney was better than the mother’s. His father is so busy to take care of Jack and that he leaves him with his caretaker; all three of them to take care of his every needs. By the age of five, Jack has a his own jet plane and flying crew, although he is not allowed to fly beyond the national boundary; Dad did not want his jet setting across the world before he was eighteen. He get driven to the pre-school in a bus, that is owned by them; its comes with a playroom and built in canteen. Dad was worried he might suffocate on the school meals. French fires dipped in day old oil can be dangerous to the the health of a growing kid, I can agree. As Dad wants him to be a normal kid, which is why he gets send to the pre-school to study wth other kids. The school is owned by Dad so he vets every applicant from student to teachers to ensure they are suitable to be near his son. I can understand that too. On the day in which this trial is based on, I have to re-enact the events to show the extensive damage on the kid. Jack comes home from pre-school; he just spend five hours there, and he is tired. He wants to take his bath and so he ran for the swimming pool. But the pool is being cleaned for the coming pool party that weekend. As it was a hot day, Jack then decided to try the jacuzzi but that is not working. There is a water cut in the area. So Jack was upset and being a small boy, he threw a tantrum. He threw his toys and his food, and that was when the Father walks in. Now the father is not in the mood to put up with such tantrums, so he told Jack to calm down. But Jack wanted his bath so he threw more tantrums. So in the end, the father gave a him a four gallon bucket and said; ‘fetch your own water’. So Jack went out the house and asked the gardener where is the nearest water source. The gardener pointed to the well at the top of the hill, and said ‘its there yonder’. So Jack went up the hill, carting his four gallon pail. Pardon my expression; he had no cart. It was an expression of mine saying he carried the four gallon pail up there. It must had been half a mile and the temperature was hot; I know as I was driving in my jag to the house that day with the aircond in the car at full blast. So Jack filled up the pail, throwing in this large bucket attached to the rope on the winch. We weight the bucket at the well; it was about half a pound in weight. And the well was not well desigend for children; it had no cover on it and the wall around it was only two feet high, plus the floor around it was wet. But Jack did his scooping of the water from the well. He filled up the four gallon pail and he slowky walked back home. Here is a kid of aged five carrying a four gallon pail filled with water. I mean this is inhumane. More to it, he actually fell and rolled down the hill, with his four gallon pail and water. He knocked his head on the swing at the bottom of the hill. He suffered a concussion from that fall. And I am calling for a review of the father’s conduct and his failure to administer total parent responsibility for the child of aged five. I am submitting for damages and costs deemed necessary to the child. And my costs too. That is my submission, thank you.’
‘Ms Jillian, you ever have any kids in your life?’
‘No, your honor. I am not married. And I have no kids staying with me. I prefer to be independent of them.’
‘Okay, counsel, I hear you well.’
‘Since the defence did not put up their case, I assumed they are not keen to do so. So I will proceed with the judgement. I find the Father guilty of misbehaviour as a father, which is why I divorce him and let him have the son to take care of. And I award the son the needed damages of the cost of medical costs and the replacement of his damaged toys. And I also award custody of the child to his attorney for 90 days so she can understand what parents has to put up with brats like this. Case closed.’

( No comments. I have one of such brat at my home. )

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...