Saturday, December 17, 2011

Elite 2 Finale


1021hrs
I ran towards her and held her head on my lap. She is still breathing but very shallow in breath. I carried her up on my shoulder and walked up the road to the mansion. I passed by the dead shooter who shot her. It was Lieutenant Micheal. His kelvar took most of the shot but not the one that hit his throat and out his upper neck.
He is also breathing but he is gasping for air now.
I ignored him and walked to the mansion.
I came out the front porch and saw Marcel standing over a well dressed large man lying dead on the gravel road.
‘Can you get a car, Captain.’
Marius turned to look at me and then ran for the nearby garage. I can see he is injured in the chest and the earlier wound does not look good either.
He drove out a Bentley sedan and its the way to travel.

Wednesday
Noon
1300hrs
‘The President is here and the crowd are cheering at the motorcade. It a lovely sight today as the President made his last visit before he steps down in two months time. The President has declined re-election and rumoured to be the next Governor here. This is Angela, Island News.’
The Commissioner just received word of the gun shootout at the Chiang’s estate has been resolved. All is okay now. He also got news of Captain Marius and Ms Melanie Selvi has just cleared from surgery. But all this news are barred from the media.
‘The new word just came in. The President is cancelling his trip and will leave immediately. No comments was recorded by all the officials. Tim Curry, we bring you the news on time.’


2359hrs
The tigers made their decision that day. The hunt was brief and so was the fight. They had some wounds but they will survive for another day. So would the man even though he lost use of his right arm due to the attack.
But the tigers won their territory back and the man was removed. One day the man will be back and then the tigers will decide again whether to kill or be killed.
After its all in the jungle rules of survival that only the fittest survived.





Seven Days after the last weekend
Morning
0840 hrs
I looked at the man sitting across the desk and the smile you see almost daily in the media. He is the President of the Islanders, and I voted him in eight years ago. Today I am telling him to go to hell as I am not joining him anymore.
‘Melanie, I thought you are better than that. In our world, nothing is real or fake, its just events. The events I had planned allowed me to survive this long. I know the lives of the many were sacrificed but those are the minor details in my event. The main objective of my event is my own survival. And if you are not going to be in it, its okay with me. I can find many more of you out there. In six weeks I am retiring to the island as the new Godfather. In six months I will be the new Governor. In six years I will retire as a multi millionaire as I will own the trade of the metals. So I care not for what my events do to six or sixty or sih thousand people. Because I have that amount of people who will be in my command then and calling me Godfather. So Melanie, thank you and you may leave. I got a press conference to make now.’
‘And please receive my condolences on your brother’s death. He was too good a police officer.’


0842hrs
I reached for the fishing rod and reeled in the catch. Its a nice day on this private beach in the unknown small island out here. Its not the same island from the previous one. This one is smaller and more isolated. Only birds and fishes thrive here.
‘Your fish in yet? ‘
I looked at the man who called me. He is walking with a crutch but he will heal eventually.
‘Yes, the fish is in. So you want it dead or alive?’
‘Dead is fine by me.’

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...