Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Story Write Compilations Volume 2 Stories 6

 Hell Revisited

 

Author's Note: This is a tale on Lucifer again.

 

Contests rules:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 



 

“I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God . . . I will be like the highest” (Isaiah 14:13,14). That was what was written on the plaque that hangs over the door. Below it was the lines which we were all familiar with; 'Enter at your own Risk." I looked at the large high double door that keeps intruders out of this equally large mansion which requires repairs as it looked abandoned for years. As I walked into the mansion, I had a glimpse of its two-level structure of the old Victorian design with rows of painted sash windows in boxes set flush with the brickwork and more brickworks on the pillars and corners. It would have been a beautiful place if not for the decayed paintworks and rotted roofing with outlets for the birds to nest within themselves.

 

My name is Benjamin Tad. I am the single person whom no one cares to looked at twice but can be called on twice to help. I am also the one you see carrying out the water pail in the playoffs or picking up the hoops after the game. I am also better to know as the 'Water Boy'. Today I am going to pay a visit to an old friend in this place. We have not seen each other for over two decades now.

 

The first thing that greets any visitor to the mansion would be the high staircase leading to the second level and the high ceiling in the lobby area. The large chandelier still hangs high on the ceiling as I walked in. I know this place well and walked to the right to open the doorway. It's a large room or hall if you considered it's bigger than the classroom we studied in, with the rows of shelves which are still filled with books; probably antique by value. There is also a settee set of high back Victorian designs in the hall facing the fireplace. Above the fireplace is an imposing portrait of probably its owner. A figure of a man dressed all in black with a red cravat at his collar. What was most unusual of the portrait was the figure appeared to be a life form and the eyes are staring at you as if it's tearing into your soul.

 

"Belial. You come back to me." The figure in the portrait steps out to become a physical person in front of me. "I was about to punish some miscreants who intrude on our privacy."

 

"Belial? Who?" I asked and in fright turned to the same door I came in from. But I find it locked and despite all my strength, I cannot force it.

 

"My son. What did Gabriel do to you? I left you in his care for six years and he turned you into a lad that does not recognize his father. Good heavens, how could you do this to me? Belial is my son and now he does not recognize his father. Gabriel, undo your spell on my son or I would declare war on the skies as before." The person who speaks to me now is slowly transforming into the image of the devil himself. I cringe into the corner and tried to shut my eyes to the evil sight as taught by my true father. It was then the image of my father appeared.

 

"Rise, Benjamin." The figure which I know as my father hands out his hand to me. I took it and took it to my feet. "He is your true father. I am just your temporary guardian. Today is the date I returned you to him. It's a pact we made then, and I am to fulfill my part. But before you go, remember my teaching. Nothing is to be forever evil. There is goodness in you."

 

With those words, my 'father' disappeared from my sight. I am now facing who is truly my father and creation.

 

"Who am I......., father?" I asked him with a meek voice.

 

"Your true name is Belial, son of Lucifer. You were a King before your time, with the command of fifty Legions, and I fought in the War of the Son of Lights against the Sons of Darkness. You are my rightful heir and I was misguided to let you be in Gabriel's care. Come back to me, son. Sit by my side, and rule in my stead when I am away from it." The man who has just declared himself as my father now reveals my birth right.

 

It was then the three miscreants were brought in by the Hell's guards. They are in chains and looking very worried about their well-being. They were all groaning and pleading for the mercy of God. Before them is the fellow incarnate of my father and more servants of Hell. It has become an assembly of the evil doers who are awaiting to see the return of their King.

 

"Silence, you fool. How dare you mentioned the name of Gabriel who has blinded me of my true self." My appearance changed now to reveal my true self; a figure of a man but with two more heads; one of the toad and another of a cat.

 

One of the three prisoners muttered these words; "Oh mother of God, how can this be? He is truly the devil incarnate himself." He is an older man with the collars of the faith.

 

"Father Theodore is a man of faith and yet he abused the trust he has been bestowed on. He uses his home for the self-pleasure of the young to serve his lust. I plead no innocence to his crime as I fed his mind with the carnal knowledge that drives his lust. But he played out his destiny using the influence of his role." The one who named me as my father laughs at his workings to a man who repelled his influence. I felt the pungent bile up to my throat on seeing the culprit trying to plea for his innocence as he has denied them of their innocence.

 

"Please, my son. Feel free to pass judgment as to when you were a King then. I am also your subject in this matter and I plea no other than the guilt to the crimes being perverted." All the devil's incarnate and servants in the room chant my name as their King.

 

"What of the other two?" I point my finger to the two other chained prisoners.

 

"You recognized not them, my Son. They are your tormentors from your other life. They are Tom and Jerry from your neighborhood." I remember the pair now, as the horrible duo who pursued me daily from my school to the house. If I were to be caught, I am subjected to humiliating acts or be beaten with their fists. It's not because I am their rival but their means of releasing their frustration on society.

 

"But what of them who stand like the audience in this gallery?" I noted the assembled now stopped grinning and giggling when my attention is riveted on them. They are thinking of a macabre show for their pleasures when I punished the trio but now they fear my wrath on them.

 

"These are the discards to our part of the afterworld. They served their mortal lives in crime and injustice to the innocents and peaceful folks. They brought misery and pain to them whose lives they either destroyed or terminate. They are our followers; creatures of destruction and tormentors. Spare them no mercy as they are banished to here for this is the only place they can be entertained." My father speaks true as Hell is the place where the evils dwell and mayhem rules there. Mayhem which I need to create so that they would be managed by myself.

 

Mayhem is mine. And with it, I shall rule the Underworld.

 

"Let it be known that I am back from my banishment with the goodness of the Angels. I am now claiming back my rightful position in the realm I was created to rule. You, the one who called himself my father is also my subject here. You could not lay claim to the throne as you were not created for it. You only created the throne and then me to sit on me. So by the same rightful action, you are a servant to the throne while I am the rightful King. Arise, Prince of Darkness. You may stand by my side as I ruled my kingdom."

 

The man who is known as the Devil took his rightful place next to me.

 

"For those of you who are part of my realm, welcome to Hell. Here onward, you would live to that name as no order shall prevail but chaos. All of you would be subjected to all forms of humiliation and torture that you have exerted on your victims in the mortal life. But the new pain you would feel is tenfold of your previous one and your pains would never cease but would revert at the end of the session. For there is no end in Hell, but the ongoing means to the life in Hell." The man who stands beside me went on his knees.

 

"My son... No, My King. How can you banish me to relive my sins? I would be an Angel again and then be banished here. I cannot re-live those moments. I dread to undergo the feeling of being good and then evil. Let me be the devil incarnate I am now. Please exempt me for this way of life in the realm I have created."

 

"No, Father. The words of the King are final. All the sufferings here feed my pleasure." The Prince of Darkness has led away to relived his last life and then now, but forever in a cycle.

 

The image of Gabriel appeared before me. "Benjamin, you are truly more evil than your father."

 

"I know. It took me ten years to learn that when he was here for an eternity and yet he failed to grasp the true nature of evil. So be away, Angel. Hell needs its true master now."

 

 

 


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...