Sunday, January 19, 2020

Tweet tweet 19/01 on 1914

I took up the tale two years ago and wrote in a frenzy with the reading then on WWI. I did not realise how much works was in it; trying to match the facts to the fiction. I created a new Division and from a 'glory war' tale, I decided to spin into one onto the realities of it. Every time I go back to edit the earlier chapters new passages will appear. Finally today, I added in another ten thousand words and closed the tale

And 1915 came into my mind.

For me to write this tale, I had to speed read articles on the war and tried to be as accurate there. I do apologies if I made any errors. I was not there but felt the tale needed telling from the German side.

I hoped done a reasonable tale here.

And it's back to my other tales. I have an archive to cleat those which I left the characters in limbo.

Cheerios, lads.


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...