Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Tweet...tweet... I am ,,,07/05

Tweet...after a hiatus to recover myself from my personal issues, I am back. I had embarked on some short tales and working on one new tale on the Heroes Seven with some new characters. It's at 5,000 words and climbing with a target time frame of one month to complete.

It's has been a journey to write once more. I found my ideas moving in the head and then it fades just when I was to write....maybe two hundred words or less before I stopped. It was until recently with most of my personal issues resolved or placed in the sealed container, I embarked on a visit to my old site where I partake in short writings and some poetry and reading other writes and commenting on them ... and then I found myself back at it.

On the poems, I am no Yeats more of a romantic poet. I did write poems when in High School some decades ago, with three notebooks filled with the young stuff ( no sticky pages though ) and some rather poetic ones ( I wondered what inspired me to write those ). I found the old books in the drawers in the cupboard marked 'not be open'. I had some time so I began reading. It was a laugh to see how I was thinking then; the days when I was 'Romeo' among the girls but little did I knew then, Romeo died in the end.

Well, the Romeo in me is dead now while I am still here, minus the strength to pursue any new ladies into my life. The other day, I was looking (a selective word here ) at a lady half my age; good looking and sexy ( they all are at that age ) when she caught me staring. She looked at me with the 'why are you staring?' expression. I approached and then explained to her.

"Pardon me, you are good looking. I am not looking for a mate but more of a suitable daughter in law. You should meet my son." Well, she did not slap me then but smiled. I have to be honest, in my current package, I am passed the era of being Romeo. Her companion looks good too; must be the mother.

Back to reality, a more easy life would be my current mood. And writing stuff added to the fun.

Cheers

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...