Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Dark 7: Don't look beneath your bed



Header Notes:

For many of us, while growing up, we have fantasies and among other times, we have nightmares of the demons climbing out of the closet like the boogie man, Or the siren that climbed from underneath your bed. 

Well, meet mine....in words here. Don't look beneath your's tonite. Not after you watched reruns of BAYWATCH. 

-
-
-
-
-
-

I looked at the ceiling. It was not a big deal but the poster of Pamela was there and it was staring at me. I had to admit I was staring at somewhere else besides her eyes. I have to admit it was life size and I doubt I got the dimensions wrong.

Then I heard the sound.

It’s coming. A manner of speech here; and I am not referring to that. It may be the end result of my outcome here but let us wait. No anxiety here, just anticipation to it.

The fingers appeared first.

God! Pardon me, God. I was trying not to drag you in but it was my reaction.

The fingers grasped the bed sheet on the side of the bed and tugged hard at it. I have to honest, I have never pay attention to fingers before; it was always clasped and then motioned like the runaway locomotive but then I was giving my sight the sight of ....real fingers.

All skin, pale and darn nails are long with the red shades. I am getting ....aroused.

The fingers then displayed the knuckles and then the back of the hand.

God! Sorry there. Another natural reaction of mine. It was like when I first saw real boobs. I was gasping for air, even though it was a single dimensional image.

Then I saw the bangle there.

Yucks! I disliked that. They sort of clang clink on the hands when you know....Never wore a watch when I do...no extra luggage there.

It dawned on me then the hands were ....kinda shrivelled to the bones. She must be....Yeah, my anticipatory friend supposed to climb out from beneath my bed was to be a female, naturally, modelled in the image of Pam, and please no funny digs here. I am askiong for my money back if there is an antenna where they shouldn’t be.

God! I can’t wait.

I reached out and pulled the hand up. It was cold but we were all nervous ain’t we then at that moment.

“Arghh...” I recoiled back like a cobra on the bed except instead of a flat chest, I had my arms spread out in fright.

“You are old....” I found myself looking at the frail-looking lady; nude to the day and if there were any dimensions on her, they got it all wrong on the drawing board. She stood there legs apart and her arms were on her waist and whatever else she could display was ....well not enticing then.

“I ....” I shuddered at the sight. I had to retract my arms to cover myself. Yes, I was naked. What else would I lay down my bed looking at Pam if I was not. If it was Armold. I would have worn my PJ’s then.

“Hey, kid. I am your fantasy. You paid a quid and you expect a dollar?” The lady or whatever it was replied. I had to admit I did pay a quid for this talisman that was to summon up the lady from the beyond and my criteria was dash....dash.... dash and dash plus Pam.
“I am getting my quid back. I can’t ....” I cringed holding onto myself; cupping was the better term.

“Hey, you don’t get any refunds. It took me some getting to come here. You know the street tolls they asked us to pay. I am lucky to make it here even at all. So you are sure you wanna me go off? I am okay for old Albert in 5th Street is ever willing to see me. We have been meeting clandestinely for over twenty years. So how are you, kid?”

“Fifteen....going sixteen,” I replied.

“You got a computer.” She asked.

“Yes.” I replied. I had wanted my blanket but I recalled I left it in the cupboard. It was with Mickey’s friends on it. Then I was shivering cold and the darn bladder was acting up.

“Look like you could do with the images on the internet. I shall leave you to it now. Old Albert can’t operate the computer so its the old fashioned way for us.” The spirit floated to the ceiling and then left me.

I picked up my phone and called Albert.

“I want my quid back.”

“Sorry, kid. It was part of the deal. And you drew my cards instead.”

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...