Sunday, July 23, 2017

Tweet...tweet.... The laptop died on Friday... 23/07

One of the dilemma of bloggers like me is when the laptop died. It just went 'hello, I am dead'. No, it got nothing to do with Bitcoins though I swore I could had bitten it then in anger. I left it to charge and it went into a deep sleep. I send it to the experts on the handling of such 'corpse' and the forensic reply was 'your laptop' suffered a 'heart burn and then collapsed into a state of coma before its brain stopped'. <Jezz I backed my movies and data but not the ongoing tales which have yet to be done. Good riddance to it for I am going to write new ones.>

But I got Team Seven of Heroes II on backup. Yes, I will be posting that during the mourning period of the laptop demise. It was from the same manufacturer that provided handphones that go kaboom recently. And worse to my pain, the so named disk is SSD 65GB and it does not allow you to do a post mortem removal of the data. It died with the brain itself. Silly SSD which I could be more expletive in explosive terms but I shall restraint myself for now.

Now I am back using my faded HP laptop < one of two I still treasured for the late night movies in the dimmer lights although the other one doing that function for my father in law for his free views. Last I checked they are still on Transformer and Avengers. Thankfully I deleted 'What I should had done last Summer'. That will be a transformation for the older man. Kinda a jolt of forty years backward to the good old days.

One thing about using the old laptop < it was with me for most of the older tales. > you can feel the familiar keyboard touch, the swipe of the mouse, the clit < oops! Pardon me, Missy. The one that IBM created on the keyboard for the mouse on the earlier laptops. Okay, wrong unit. I know HP does not have one. It was just my memory fading to the past when I had the pleasure of moving that pointer.>

Back to the laptop, the old faithful went through the ups and down with me, and many others but we won't be specific here. It still worked with the old Win 7 and not the cumbersome Win 10. I had to 'dump' some old cache for it contain data of irrelevancy to the current needs. I need to use the laptop for my work next week and you don't want to have Pam Anderson saying 'hello, darling. Coming in." when I popped the desktop open. My audiences may not be appreciative but I honestly do not wish to know what they are doing below the desk when I am presenting to them. Thank fully, it was not Grey Anatomy I was presenting or the cleaners will cursed at my back for the leftovers.

One thing about using the older units, you got to gentle when you first 'unwrap' it. The cover opens slowly <ain't like then when you pry them off>. Gentleness, my dear. The joints may not be like before. Then the slow press on the start up button. You can then stay your fingers away for some minutes while the processor cranked up the power and un-stored the old files <the ones you used to view>. Once its up, key in your code. <Darn units need to know who is there. The correct responses will be acknowledged. Then the desktop comes on. You will remember that one from the past excursions on it. If there are smudges on the desk; oops I meant screen, clean it up. You don't want the Forensic team to complete your profile with it.

Then its to edit the contents for parental guidance requirement. I will suggest a back up disk just in case certain files were not done yet. That is the moment you do the foreplay; wiping the dirt off the unit and check the edges for rough edges. Once the back up is done, you are ready to work on the older unit.

Caution here, most times, the older unit may do a "why must I play again' mood. That's when it goes into the moody action like I am hanging up, or I ain't responding. Or you keep on pressing the wrong buttons, you idiot. 'You think I am her' frowning look will appear.

So be patient after all, she was your old plaything. You could patronize the nearest PC shop for a brand new doll. It won't hurt you and your banker will love you when you swipe the card.

Till I get my new laptop, I guess my current harem will suffice. Slower but it still work.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...