Sunday, July 9, 2017

Team Seven of Heroes Chapter 32

32.

“Your pursuit to here in search of the mastermind to the so named tri-alliance of M has been noted. My Master held nothing back for you have come far. My Master was in talks with them for his own personal gains as a trader. He had seen the pursuit of the tri-alliance will aid his own with the sharing of knowledge. The pact of the tri-alliance was to create three domain; the Western Europe, the Eastern Europe and then the greater Far East Empire.” The lady explained. “That was not the only core factor in the pact.”

“My Master as like the predecessor of rulers from the Empire, immortality had evaded them. The first Emperor of Greater China, Huang Ti had sorted it then. He had even dispatched ship loads of children to the nearby isles to seek the elixir of life.” The lady smiled. “What is the significance of the throne when the life cycle is with an ending? The child in the mother’s womb may be the life given by the father but can the father see beyond the child’s life cycle?”

“So the Mandarin was keen on the study of the species and its origin?” Sherlock shifted his mind to the new possibilities of questions.

“Yes, my Master was intrigued by the findings of the researcher there but to access it was to be an ally. He offered his own findings and shared the results. He had seen to the skies to have the dragons once roamed the skies although now they came in balloons and gas. That was why he took the methods here and created his own dragons for the skies.”
“Your master found his new dragons and maybe even the new claws to his tigers on the prowl, but he found none in the elixir of life?” Sherlock cued in his question.

“I can concur with you on that. The study by the others was not grasping the elixir of life but the evolution of the creatures by pre-creating on the origin. My Master had dominion over the land unlike the others who sought it although they have an extensive network over it. He had no desire to create the new army for there was one at his disposal. He only desired the elixir of life.”

“I thought one of the first known fossils was discovered in Sichuan China. It was documented by Chang Qu over two thousand years ago. He was the gazetteer of the region then.” Sherlock had a fascination on pathology. “Since then hidden research were done on the findings. Your Taoist alchemist Xu Fu sought the elixir …”

“I already covered that Mr Holmes. I am done with my message. My Master does not wished to interfere in other continent’s issue. You must return to your own land for its turmoil there is much greater.”

Mycroft rushed forth towards the lady but he was intervened by the sudden appearance of three guards who held their broadsword at his neck and chest.

“What have you…”

“My Master had no desire to fight on your land when he holds a larger on here. He has also disassociated with the others. If I am to let you know, Monsignor Dupont had perished during his escape. His network have been dissolved or detained by the authorities. Germany is safe for now.”

“What about London?” Sherlock asked.

“London has fallen. Your Parliament is under the control of M.” The Madame replied. “To be precise, it’s under the influence of the Moriarty family.”

“Frank, James and Mary Moriarty.”

“Three? I am …” Sherlock taken aback by the disclosure. He then looked at Mycroft. “Could it be her?”

Mycroft shook his head while his right hand reached for his nose. It was his odd behaviour when he could not answer the question.

“I thought she left us for good.” Mycroft let off a cough. “Father told me so before he died.”

“Father have so many children; seven to be exact and with his later years came down with dementia, how would he knew where or what happened to Sigrina. She disliked him for he was never there for her. And so were we. I was in the lab most times and you were always away.” Sherlock sighed then. His father had seven children including him and Mycroft. The senior Holmes was not the best of father but he was their father.

“It can’t be her?” Mycroft defended the youngest sister. “She …went away from what I read.”

“Do you recall her words? We are the Government and you need to trust us. Like brother and sister.” Sherlock looked to his brother. She named us double zero but we stopped at six. You were zero one zero. Are you?”

“No, I was not. I have no reference to my rank. Double zeroes were just the …making of her own ….words.” Mycroft broke his words when he spoke. “She was double zero seven or the seventh child.”

“By Holmes, your mind is working now.” Sherlock snapped out in glee. “I cannot believe we fell for it. Sigrina is the exceptional one but why Moriarty? And how did she become M?”

“Perhaps I can explain.” Watson then spoke. “I am the real double zero seven. Even M does not know that for I was in the service before she was M. Please allow me to explain later for we have to return to London soon.”

“Perhaps I can help.” The Madame spoke out with her hidden in the background listening to the conversation. “The Mandarin have assigned you a series of dirigibles to take you from here and across the great range to the dry desert and then across Northern Europe before your final journey through Scotland. All the dirigibles are in place to ensure a fast ride home.”


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...