Saturday, January 16, 2016

The Planet 11.3

11.3 Demise

“Sorry John, we have our new orders.” Machete pulled me around. I was unable to move for Machete had somehow intervened on the battle suit controls and I was caught inside it.

“Duggan gave us the new order to secure you.” Machete smiled from behind his visor. “He wants your recorder.”
Without any warning Machete had reached out with his right index finger at my face. It was a jab at the lower lid of my left eye and then he pushed hard in. I was immobile inside the suit but I could feel pain.

It was awful then.

It was more than awful.

It was hell.

Machete was a bastard. He grabbed my left eye socket and pulled hard at it. He yanked out my eye socket. I would have succumbed to a state of unconsciousness but I fought hard against the pain. I recalled during my tests with the suit then there was an auxiliary switch to kick start the suit. It was on the chest plate. All I needed was to hit it but I was motionless. An idea came to mind.

I spat at Machete.

That roused him and he did what I was hoping. He punched me on the chest plate. It was the spot I was aiming for. I felt the suit began to re-calibrate then. Machete had then focus on my extracted eye socket. I saw the attachment on it with the wirings.

Kingsley dunked me in as his watchdog.

The suit had begun to become like one. I started by twitching my left hand fingers. It was moving. I kept on looking at Machete despite the pain and the blood that was spurting on my cheek. I felt for the control on my right shoulder mini cannon. It was then I activated it and shot at Machete. The later was not prepared for it, and it took his left shoulder off and the arm.

An arm for the eye. 

I saw my left eye socket flew into the air and landed near me.

“Fuck you, John.” Machete cursed at me holding his left shoulder. He was in a bad shape. I seen those wounds; they are never cured. The person will just die soon.

“I will kill you.” Machete screamed out but he was not to do it. The dusts convened on him and covered him. It was only seconds but I felt like it was hours. I saw Machete exploded inside the shell of dusts. The blood seeped through the shell and Machete was gone. I looked away and saw the eye socket. Damned thing was lying there with the blood dried on the end of its stems. The blogging pupil was staring at me.

My own eye sacred me then.

When I am scared, I react with violence.

I kicked it. In the anti gravity environment, the socket went far. So far I had wished it then so I won’t see it again. I will get another. After all, I am already a construct.

I am a frigging construct.

I saw the Corsairs were winning the battle. They were better equipped with the battle suit. The new rifle was making major damages. The shoulder mini cannon were splattering the branches. The Core Domain was still rebuilding itself but it was weakening. It will soon be gone. With the branches damaged or broken off at the walls, the Core Domain surface was showing craters and cracks. I saw Kingsley at the helm of the battle. He knew when the odds are for him.

Bastard.

That was how he made Commander. No one was indispensable.

Not even me who was his best mate.

Just like then there was little I could do to save those poor souls who died for the Commander. It was always “I am the Commander. Do as I command.” Yeah, our squad had the highest ‘hand me the tags’. There was little I could do then. 
And it was then and things were no different in the cavern.

I moved myself to the wall, and looked at the surface. There were cracks on it but it was not hard enough for me to climb in. I saw then the ball of dusts next to me.

“Daniel?” I voiced out. The ball of dust went towards the crack. It dug in through the crack. The crack open up and then it became a tunnel. The tunnel was wide enough for me to climb in. There were cracks for me to climb. I unlocked the suit and then climbed in. Soon I was inside the tunnel but the climb was tough. I had only one arm to hold on. I fell a few times in the dark tunnel, and then I felt myself lifted. I was carried by the dusts up the tunnel. It was during the climb, I felt the vibrations of something in pain howling out. I knew then it was the Core Domain.

It was defeated.

The dusts around me were screaming for it.

I think the whole planet was screaming for it.

The whole frigging planet.


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...