Sunday, March 25, 2012

New Pangaea Pg 321-323 ( Finale )

Week 50
Day 1
Suddenly I find myself back on the city yard. I been transported back here. I walked back towards the Dome and met Vickie holding Junior.
‘Scott, what happened? You went missing for a few days. All the New People has also disappeared in groups over these days.’
‘What about the cities?’
‘Its running fine. ALPHA wants to talk to you. Your comms was not working. You been gone for five days now. Is everything alright?


‘Commander. I have a message from Chronos.’The elderly man I saw earlier there on the screen.
‘Commander Bent. Your comments has been received by us and we have debated the points raised. We are not of the opinion to leave New Pangaea to your people with the cities intact. ALPHA will assist in managing your cities. We have programmed ALPHA to give you limited access to the current knowledge we possess in the system, but we will monitored ALPHA on your progress. We will gradually released information which we will deemed needed or can be handled by your current level of intelligence. I believed you named it as ‘ on the need to know basis’. There are times you will asked how such things can work and we will not provide the answers. Its up to your people to find out and hopefully find the answer.  There will no contact between us for this period, for whatever reasons. We are reverting to our original mission to learn from the species which we encountered on the worlds. And you are one of them now. Welcome to New Pangaea.’
The man on the screen disappeared.
‘ALPHA?’
‘Chronos has terminated the transmission and I can’t get him for you.’
‘Its okay, ALPHA. I just want to say thank you.’ I turned my back to see Vickie standing at the doorway.
‘The Atlantean’s has left us with New Pangaea.’
‘No, Scott. They did not leave it for you and me. They left it for Junior. He is the new Atlantean race. We are just the creator like the original Uranus and Gaia. Now we got to teach a new race of Atlantean’s on how to live correctly and treasured the objective of the Atlantean’s; study and respect other races.’
‘Do you think we can live to five hundred years?’
‘I doubt so, Scott. Junior won’t want you around that long. He may prefers his mother though. She is smarter.’ She hugged me and we looked at the empty screen.
‘How did you know what to said when you met the Elders?’
‘It came to me in the dream last night. Bless my grandmother and her descendants. I need to pass it on to Junior my dream-catcher.’
‘Its over his bed now. We are both sleeping on the floor from now.’



----------------------- 0 ------------------------


After thoughts......
When I first started on the tale of New Pangaea, I was intrigue by the adventures of people living in the days of the Dinosaurs. Its like a re-introduction to the Jurassic Period. It was to be a adventure fun ride of the future with the past. I loved to read about those past creatures; huge munching with large jaws and enormous sizes. Everyone loves a T-Rex, but the raptors are my favorites.
Then the story evolved with the concept of lost civilisatons. I considered many civilisations including Mayans, Egyptians, tribes of Native America and of course Atlantean’s. I even tried to linked them by a common factor. I finally selected Atlantis because its one of the mystery of the world. Many myths are written on it, but no one really knew what happened. I began exploring the concept of Atlantis just like I did with the Dinosaurs.
Then from the concept of the city, I began looking at the myth of the Greeks Gods. There was temptation to bring in super-beings as comics superheroes was one of my favorites, but I capped it there. Yes, the Trident was given to Scott Bent but it did not mean he was a superhero. He is just a normal man with the genes of Atlantean. The trident works with the Atlantean genes. The part on the Trident working for him is for the next book. So are many unanswered questions like per below:
1. What happened to the chimps now?
2. What about the city that we are yet to explore?
3. What did happened in the three hours Scott was missing?
4. What about Junior?
5. Who is really Mon, Advant and Advante?
6. Who is Scott’s descendant from Atlantean to leave such a strong traits of genetic?
7. Will the Atlantean’s return?
8. What happened to the city that Mon and his group build?
9. We only explored a section of New Pangaea
10. Is this the first or the continuation of a series?
Guess we will never know. We say an end to the Year One, and soon it will be Year Two perhaps or Three?

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...