Saturday, February 11, 2012

Me and my Genie then

"JONATHAN BLAKE! YOU COME BACK HERE THIS MINUTE! I AM TELLING YOUR MOTHER WHAT YOU DID AND YOU GOING NOT TO SIT FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS!" I give up. No one is going to hear me inside here. I looked to the sky and I can see nothing from this stupid hole which Jonathan told there is a rabbit here. Now I am the rabbit and this is my burrow. But no Jonathan and its getting late. I wished Mummy or Daddy are here. They would know what to do.

"JONATHAN BLAKE, YOU ARE GOING TO REGRET THIS. I HATE YOU." That felt good. But I am getting hoarse from all the shouting. Then I saw the lamp. It appeared out of nowhere. I picked it up and looked at it. Its looked old but it working. I seen something like this in Grandpa's house. He is a miner and he still has some of his old tools. He used to show me what he called a lamp. He said it helped a lot during his mining days. It light up the tunnels and tells you where you are going. More it helped him during a cave in which he was stuck in with his friends for seven days. They took turns to use their lamps as they want to conserve energy. They shared their food and drinks until they were rescued.

But I am all alone here, courtesy of Jonathan Blake. The jerk left me here and ran away. "YES, JONATHAN BLAKE ITS ALL YOUR FAULT."

It was then I felt I needed to cry and I did. I cried while holding the lamp. I don't know how and what, but the Genie appeared from above. Well, he said his name is Genie.

"Hello, Maggie. You can stop crying now. I am here to help you." I looked up and saw a man in blue hovering over me.

"Who are you? Are you a genie from the lamp." I am still holding the lamp close to my chest. Its the only thing I know who is real since I dropped in. Even the rabbit is a hoax. Its all Jonathan's fault. He is a hoax too. A bad one too.

"Uh... Yes, I am. My name is Gene. I am here to help you." He is still hovering over me and floating with the wind like the Genie I read in Aladdin.

"Are you here to grant me my wishes? I believe there are supposed to be three wishes." I can see the genie contemplating my request. I know I should not had demanded but I read that was what Aladdin got. So I am just being fair.

"Okay, but you must give me time to do your wishes. Some of the wizards are on leave so we are a little short handed."

"Okay, but let me think." I sat back and thought of my wishes. I would like wish Jonathan dead but that will be bad. I could wish Grandma is back with us, but last I heard she is happy there. I could wish for more wishes and then I would had more of what I want. But Mummy always said never be greedy; take what you are given and begged not for too much. But there is no harm in asking for more genies and they can all offer me three wishes each.

"Okay, Genie. I have my wishes. First, I want a drink. A cola will do. It must be cold. Two, I want my Teddy Bear. I missed Teddy. So he comes second. My last wish is to I want to see more genies who can offer me more wishes. More to it, I want to bash up Jonathan Blake for his stupid idea of a rabbit hole."

"Well, Maggie. That is four wishes and I can't do four wishes. Union rules and we are bound by the rules. So drop one and I would fulfill you wishes." I looked at the Genie as he still hover there.

"Okay, drop the last one. I will not bash up Jonathan. So can you do my wishes please." The Genie came further down and he scooped me up in his arms.

"No bashing of Jonathan. Promise?" I nodded to his request. Funny how Genie made you promise when they don't do your wishes. Must be Union rules. I soon find myself flying up like the lady on Superman. We are flying and I am out of the hole. I am out.

"YIPPEE! I am out." And there is Mummy and Daddy, and mummy is holding Teddy. And there is Jonathan Blake standing there. Genie lowered me down and I ran to my parent's. It a relief to be holding them after my long hours in the hole. I got a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Genie holding a Cola for me. Its chilly cold and it nice to drink that now.

"Maggie, I am sorry. I ran for help and they came to find you. But I forgot the place until we heard your voice." I looked at Jonathan Blake. He must had been crying. I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek which caused him to run away. That's for leaving me there. Now the whole school will know I kissed him. He will be jeered by his friends in the class. That's my justice to his act.

"Genie, you missed my last wish."

“Well, I did your rules. You asked for more genies but Union rules, more means not more than two. And your wish is standing before you. That’s your dad and mum who will always fulfil your wish as you would of theirs.”

I should had known then at the age of five I would be conned by the Genie. They don’t play fair.





No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...