Saturday, February 4, 2012

Lies are to me just another lie....

The inside of the shop was a lot cooler than the humid climate outside, as I stepped past the main door. Its truly a relief to be here but I dread to think of my next half hour as I am to be seated with a quartet of pompous girls that this endearing shop has within its walls today. I removed my Gucci shades as I walked up to the table where my scheduled meeting was to take place.

"Greta, darling. Welcome. I believed you know Alice, Mary, Diana and course you know, me." Yes, I know all these four back stabbers lying cheats who crawls from the roach holes to looked pristine today. I greeted all of them with my smile and took my rightful seat next to Angela as she is playing host today.

"The tea here is absolutely delightful and so are the scones. Care to have one?" It was Alice who offered me the courteous offerings, but I settled for the cup of tea although my last meal was breakfast with a half a cup of instant coffee and a slice of bread.

"Scones are nice but I have to declined. My personal trainer thinks I am on the heavier sides in some areas." I have to consider the thing that is heavier than me is probably my bust line measurement number. But that got Diana to laugh as I can see why; she got hers on the heavier weight championship lineup. Fancy an over sized Ostrich dressed in Indigo colors and wearing fishnets up to the waist. Even the Lion will put his head in the ground on seeing her past by.

"Oh, I disliked those personal trainers. They made me run and jump so much that I told them off. I mean here I am paying them thousands to make me do things my son's teacher teach him for his wages as school teacher. I told him if my husband does not like my current size, he won't be missed given his size." We all laughed at Diana's raunchy jokes. Diana is one of the wilder one's here with her current fourth husband. But the indigo' dressed 'ostrich' is able to digest through four of them makes one wonder how come spinster are many around now.

"Tell me, Greta. How is Paul doing nowadays?" Oh, yes; Paul is my husband and he is doing just fine at the workshop in Dover now. He comes back on weekends to bonk me and then goes back. But I have to reply to Mary before she tramples me more of her queries.

"Paul? Oh, he is fine. He just spoke to me just now as I was coming in. He is in Tokyo now. Broking business is tiring career. I do missed him a lot." Yes, I do missed Paul when he is not around, but the weekends are bliss when he is tuning up your engine performance. "I am sorry, Angela, but Paul said he would not comment on the counters you asked. If he does not comment, I would decline to put my money there." Angela did asked me to check on some shares she was keen at. Angela looked upset as she said she just dumped in a million pounds to them.

"Well, Angela my dear. That is to tell you to looked before you consume." Diana again with her raunchy liners. I wondered if she ever read anything ladylike in her mind. But Angela was soon over it as we all listened to Mary talks about her current pet, the Persian Kitten. She showed us the photo she took of it just this morning on her IPAD.

"Oh, he looked so pulchritudinous" cooed by the angelic Alice; the distinguished wife of a cigar chomping ships owner. Its rare you get to see her husband as he likes mine; away on his sea trips and comes back with a barrel load of precious baubles for his wife.

"Pul....what? I am afraid Alice, I missed your view." Mary was clearly agitated that someone will call her Persian kitten some 'persian namesake'.

"No, darling Alice. Its pulchritudinous and that means wonderfully beautiful. Your kitten is really one." Alice in her usual mellifluous self explained to Mary who has now taken relief that her kitten was not plagiarized to some alley kitten. I looked at the young cat all dressed up in ribbons and sleeping on the soft basket. I wondered how he would look like in a microwave oven we just acquired from the Baker's.

"Oh, My goodness. I have to leave now. I have a scheduled appointment with Tom at the usual place. I must not keep him waiting." I got up to excused myself from the deceiving quartet.

"But Greta, you have not consumed your tea yet. Surely, you can't be that of a rush not to take a sip." Angela was trying to get me to drink that vile acidic stuff they concoct as tea here. But I am not tempted to stretched my throat for that.

"Angela, I have to go. You know how Tom feels if I am late. He is just back from Prague from his film shoot and I need to see him before he runs off to Penelope." Truly the only reasoning I am leaving was the quartet was already becoming cloying to my taste.

"Oh, Angela darling. Your slip is showing a tear at the edge. Surely you do not want to blemish your good looks on that." I whispered to her ears before I proceeded out of the shop. I placed my Gucci shades on and walked with my three inch high heels to the hot humid pavement. I hailed a taxi and got into it with the ladies staring at me from behind the glass window of the shop. I waved at them with my dainty hanky as the taxi took off.

At the corner, I got off and thank Harry for giving me a lift on his taxi. I walked to the alley and opened the back door to the building there. I walked to the changing room and had a changed of clothes. Then I came out and walked to the service elevator. Maggie caught the door the elevator door just before it closed. She is my co-worker in the hotel service line and we are to see Tom, our Supervisor on our schedule of works. Tom was from Prague where he used to delivered films to the shops before they closed down for good.
"Greer, darling. How did you day go? I see you pressed the clothes well for Mrs.Lanston. She is a rich bitch, huh? I see you even cleaned her shades. Who would ever need to wash a shade. I tell ya; these rich bitches got their butts on the wrong side of their body." Yup, that's Maggie for you; thirty years in the service line and she knows them from Twiggy to Twain. But nothing can compared to my charade with the four quartets.

Angela is no broad with millions but she sells the tickets on the cinema at 3rd Street where once they hit the million ticket sold.

Diana is the clerk at the basement bookshop where everything comes out in plain brown bags. And she did marry four husbands in her prime days.

Mary works in the Photo Ads shop where she sells the reproduced copy of the original for a small fee. The kitten she showed was from album I seen before in the Internet.

Alice is the assistant librarian who spends more time looking at the books and Julie Andrew's rerun while waiting for her seafaring boyfriend comes back thrice a year. Its a surprise that she still remember how he looks like in nude.

But we are all liars with a need at times to live the life of another like in our fantasy. So we meet once a month and chat for a while. After all, I only see Paul once a week so I needed some other excitement to keep me going the missing days.

Hey, we all do fakes very well. Well not all the time. Paul is one exception.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...