Tuesday, September 20, 2011

MALE TALES Issue 1.081; Opinions...

Issue 1.081: Opinion .. and logic
I was in conversation with a friend; a very close associate and for some reason, my ‘opinion’ of the situation became the core discussion and soon became intense in debating the pointers. Gee, I withdrew in time before we became less of a friend.
So I ponder on the ‘opinion’ of mine, and I wondered how does an opinion matters on a discussion, or in some cases, does not matter.
So here goes  again my two bits again;
Wikipedia saids; an opinion is a subjective belief, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. However, it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analysing the supporting arguments.[1] In casual use, the term opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. It may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs.
I be darned honest, anything that draws emotion to the subject calls for irrelevant logic argument.
Dinna believe me, try this example.
You are telling your spouse the lipstick was smeared on by mistake, but her current emotion levels is drawn to the the level of Mount Vesuvius ( incidentally Mount Vesuvius destroyed Pompeii the City ), do ya think her opinion would be logical.
Or trying telling the kid of 3 years which you just ‘removed’ her lollipop for dental reasons; your opininated view would not penetrate her emotional barriers until you return the lollipop.
But all is not loss....
Sometimes, if we retain our logic in the situation, we can probably resolved the issue.
Just as Mount Vesuvius can be subdue if they had the the logic to open another vent for the lava to flow out, the city could had been saved, there are also other ‘vents’ that we can showered to her to released her anger. Just as in the kid of 3 years old, all you need is some distraction.
But given the crisis of opinions, we do layoff logic ourselves and indulge in the emotion of the discussion from a point of beliefs or desires to win the argument. This is why MAN is destined to failed if they subject themselves by emotional opinions than logical approach.
My advise as shown by my earlier action was to step back and re-assess the situation, before I commit any anymore opinions. Trust me, it works.... unless you are drawn to emotional acts.
Then stop watching those soap opera.... you nit wit for a fool. Now that is a emotional tone of mine. If its my logical view, then I will say, your RAM needs to be purged.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...