Monday, September 5, 2011

MALE TALES Issue 1.078; anger in me

Issue 1.078: In anger in me .....
Man is govern sometimes by his emotions, and most prevalent is anger. Its his form of outlet to express his frustrations, or sometimes grief.
So what is anger?
According to wikipedia...opps, none there, but refering to 'freedictionary'; its a feeling of great annoyance or antagonism as the result of some real or supposed grievance; rage; wrath.
Some of us are better in managing it, and some are more prone to releasing it on the slightest provocation. Some like to display it as a form or power and some as a means of escape. But the main factor is that some of the above are controllable; means the person can suppress the anger emotion if need be.
Its only the uncontrollable factor like deep grief or prolonged frustrations that we fear will result in uncontrollabled anger.
But the consequences of such action may need to be evaluated before we do it.
When we get angry and bear it on someone who does not know or could not accept your anger, the result will be reprecussions of the similar nature. Sometimes in the midst of the emotions, words or actions which may be regretted are enacted, causing both parties to further widen the gap of reconciliation. So we try to express our anger in a manner of reason or logic. And most times, when we try to do so, we actually find the anger emotion being diminished.
True there are times, when we lash out without realising it, and we attribute it to our health conditions, but its an excuse sometimes for us to justify an action. I know as I have lashed out before in the moments of anger, but I regretted my actions. I made amends to walked away and be alone to let my emotions settled down. As said to many, the wall is a good punching bag, as it hurts to hit with one’s own forehead or knuckles. And let the pain of anger go to your pain of the flesh.
I give you a short tale from Wisdom Warrior on Anger.
A Zen student came to the master and complained, “Master, I have an ungovernable temper. How can I cure it?”
“You have something that is very strange,” said the master. “Let me see this thing that you have.”
“I cannot show it to you just now,” said the student.
“Then when can you show it to me?” asked the master
“It arises unexpectedly,” replied the student.
“Then it must not be your own true nature. If it were, you could show it to me at any time. It is something you are not born with. It is not you.” the master replied.

Just like its said above, anger is not you, and you shall not become it.
In the Bible, there is a also a para that saids the same. "Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools" Ecclesiastes 7:9 (NKJV)
For this, I apologies to those whom I shown not my real self sometimes.
Thank you, and take care.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty! This has been a really wonderful article. Thanks for providing this information.

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...