Sunday, December 27, 2015

The Planet 6.2

6.2 Corsairs’ fate

It was unbelievable.

The whole tale stunk. Well, the part of how a twelve men squad with years of battle experiences could get so screwed up. That was how it was related to then.

“We were told to recon the plant.” That was biggest lie. The Corsairs was there to damage the place. “We came in via Tower Three and Four. We have this program to override the code. It was called Intrusion. It was laser systems that override the phasers at the tower. I guess its override the controls.”

That was a good Intel. We never knew they had it working. Ours was still undergoing testing.

“We breach in at the plant area and did our recon. We wanted to see what ticks there. We roamed the corridors.” I stopped him then.

“There was no data or clips of your team.” I wanted to clarify the lack of data in the system.

“We have our own intervention solution. We hit it on the consoles and then we are invisible.” Dmitri was lying. How can they be invisible? Well, Dmitri had the answers to the lies. His lies and he managed to correct it.

“I do not think you believed we could go invisible.” Dmitri asked. “We did. I’ve seen it in training. The solution once interfaced to the cams hid us. If you looked harder, you might make out the outlines. We had to be careful when we move, single file or we will hit the snag. We were disciplined; we were Corsairs.”

“We were everywhere. It was all silent then. We thought we were good, but we were wrong. We did get cautious at the droids and they were everywhere. It hits you when you turn the corner there will be one situated there. They were just situated there; non- moving. We tried to ignore them but it was foolhardy.  I recalled Tiny, one of our constructs popped the…”

“Construct? Don’t peeve on us. You are one of us.” I was upset being referred to as a non organic.

“Heck, I was never one. I am fully organic.” That hit me then. I was more upset then. I had assumed Dmitri to be one of us. He was licking onto Peggy. It was a shocker when Peggy defended him.

“Yes, he’s fully organic. We also fucked each other.” Peggy called in. “There are parts of me that were organic like my piss hole. It’s all there.”

“Is yours still intact?” Peggy had to taunt me. She knew I was a construct but I still have my pride.

“I’ll be damned!” There was a rule of conduct; no fraternizing between constructs and organic. It was taboo. We were better off humping droids then organics. They don’t discriminate us as long as we pay them. Darned some of those servicing droids were a knock out with the silicone implants. Who cares whom you fucked when all you wanted was your own pleasure.

“Let me continue on.” Dmitri spoke out. “Like I said we were doing the recon and then we came to coring section. There we saw the damaged drills.”

So when the Corsairs arrived the plant had stopped operations. So they were here not long.

“We checked the damages. It was then Tiny got into a panic mode. He was implanted with the new psychic vibration sensor. He gave the call for us to retreat.” Dmitri voice cracked then into a state of panic. “We ran...”

“You said Tiny popped. What did he pop?” I asked.

“Popped? Oh, yes. That meant to me he shouted. We ran out in the same manner which we came in.” Dmitri looked at me. “We are the Corsairs.”

“Then why the panic earlier.” I intervened. Dmitri did not reply immediately. Then he shut his eyes and continued.

“We were disciplined but suddenly Tiny went down in pain. He was screaming while holding his ears. He even threw aside his rifle. We saw him fell to the flooring crying out.” Dmitri voice dropped to a whisper then. “I tried to help but then the others were also affected.”

“Where was that?” I asked.

“I don’t know…” Dmitri shook his head. Then he told me. “It was Corridor D54-23. It was near to the corner towards the Storage Area. I don’t know what happened next but it was total chaos. Ivan shot Dmitri and then Peters went down. It was then we ran back. I was in the flank and they overtook me. I followed on with them. I saw Charlie hit the wall. It was then I saw the spirit. It rose in front of us…..”

“How does it look like?” I had to know.

“I don’t know. One moment it was solid and then it was not there. It changed shape and hit us.” Dmitri voice went up and then he was sobbing again.

“The spirit? Tell me more.” I wanted to know but the Corsair was not talking. He was sobbing as if he had seen the spirits.

“Stop it.” Peggy went to his aid. “Let him be.”

“There are no spirits.” I shouted back. “You are a coward.”

Dmitri did not reply. He won’t be any help. I accessed the consoles. I looked at the corridor cams. Dmitri’ tale needed to check.  I had checked the system and came out zilch. I want to verify the tale. It took me some time to detect the abnormalities in the clips.

I saw the Corsairs then.

And I saw them running.

And then nothing.

It was wiped out.

The clips after the run.


The Corridor D54-2. 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...