Friday, June 18, 2021

Weekend Special Short Tales California 2.3 Chapter 10

 

10.

Lieutenant Fukasihi Sato was not there in person. She was a hologram and was nearby on the surface. That was my line of queries then. We were still at the hangar.

“You are telling me now that you knew of this place? How can that be?” I looked hard at the one who was my partner. Thankfully, we never fucked. I did peek at his pecker, and it’s considerable to consider.

“I got the message at our last disembarkation by the private line. It was my sister. She had joined the Marines some years back and was not heard.” Hirohito was picking his words. I had to cut in. Time was an essence and I stand to lose my bonus and probably my ship. Hirohito saw my expression. It’s like I want to have that orgasm now.

“She got me on the line asking me to get her. She gave me the coordinates and charts. She told me to load it on Tiffany. I did as she told me and that was it until the alert was given to me. I was told to check the system for a signal. It was there and I send back to her.”

“That was when you responded and ignored mine.” I cut in. “What was the signal?”

“In don’t know. I was just to confirm it.” Hirohito was telling me what he knew and I believed him.

“Why did she appear here and in the shuttle?” I was baffled and then recalled the shuttle was on the surface. It could have picked up the signal beacon there. But the ship was also nearby. “Did you fly to the location of where you were going?”

“I did but I could not land. It was a hot area.” A hot area was not conducive to land the ship. It may compromise the landing sequences or worse, the ship may not work soon after.

“I tried to call her but I can’t get her. I searched and your call came. I had to… decide. It was either you or …her. I chose you.” That was noble of my partner but I still needed the answers.

“Hiro, I can explain.” The Lieutenant in the hologram spoke. “Hiro, I don’t have much time. This hologram will work for a few seconds. You need to go back. You need to warn the authorities. There was an issue at the Research Base. We had a breach. I am …fine. Just leave.”

The hologram ended.

“I got to get her. She is my sister.” Hirohito called out. I shared his feelings but I was more concerned on the others. It was then I heard Benz call.

“Guys, I found the bugger. It’s here.” Benz sounded like he was in Storage Area. Hiro and I rushed there and shoving the crates, and soon we saw Benz. We saw the bugger too. It was on top of the crate looking to the rear of us. I had an idea then.

“We got to open the hanger doors. It will make it leave. I think it would.” I was grabbing at straws then but it was an idea.

“What do we do then? Shooed it with our hands?” Hiro was the one with the better idea. I nodded and then Benz appeared. He was in the environment suit and held the burn stick.

“I will lure it away. Just get the ship ready to take off.” Benz told us. Hirohito understood and climbed back to the Bridge. I swore at Benz for his stupidity but it may work. I went up with Hirohito. Meanwhile Benz opened the hangar door and then approached the alien.

“It’s you and me, ungeziefer (German for vermin). Shall you move now?” The alien saw the opened access and it reacted. It flee to the open exist and was out. Benz breathed in a sigh of relief. It was quick and too easy.

“Captain, the alien is out. I am closing the door.” Benz called in while he closed the doorway. It was then he saw the hordes charging to the ship.

“Lift up, Captain. We got hostiles.” Benz shouted out. He looked to the hordes that were neared the doorway. He rushed to the shuttle and grabbed the rifle there. He fired at the hordes near the doorway and then grabbed another rifle when the clip emptied. By then, he felt the ship was lifting and soon the doorway was closed. Benz sat down on his haunch and sighed.

“Verdammt gut..” (German for Fucking good.)

In the Bridge, Hirohito lifted the ship and was running the course towards the coordinates given to him by his sister. I was not there to complain. I read the charts given by Hiro’s sister. She did not camouflage the charts; she changed the charts references. Out there in the vast space, there are stars and far too many to plot on with the naked eye, and you relied on the system to do it.

“Tiffany was compromised.” I had to state the fact. “Was it you?”

“No, I did not. I merely loaded in the new program given by my sister. It could have some hidden files inside. It changed something in the system. I saw that after the alert, and tried to rectify it but I failed.”

“Why did Tiffany shutdown? It was not in its system to do that.” I had to ask for the system was not my domain. Hirohito shook his head. Then he told me his solution.

“We will find out at the Research Station.” Hirohito told me. “We will land with the shuttle.”

Soon, we reached the coordinates and all I saw was a huge plateau seated on top of the huge hill. It had measured half a mile high and a rough dimension of that too with some cracks in it. I did some checks on the environment and it was no better or worse for at that higher attitude, the cross winds were stronger and so were the dusts there.

“What now? We land on that?” I asked.

“I tried but the landing codes blinked out.” It was a safety program to prevent any rough landing unless it’s an emergency. “I could not override it and that was when I flew around it. I could not find an opening.”

If miracles were to be believed, it happened then.

“Hiro, listen to me. I will open the hangar doors. Land inside.” That was the Lieutenant and below us the plateau slide opened to display the station below.

“Initiating the landing sequence now.”

 

 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...