Saturday, May 9, 2020

Lone Ranger Chapter 30


30.

Lance almost fell when the soldier behind him was overzealous to make his mark on the Colonel. He was hit from the back. Lance balanced himself then by grabbing the flank of the army issued horse. He pushed himself up and faced the man who he believed to be his father.

The father he assumed was over ten years had died.

“Bring him to my tent.” That was when Lance fell unconscious. He woke up and saw the Colonel standing there still in his uniform behind the makeshift desk. The slab was behind the Colonel with the cover opened. Lance was to speak then when the Colonel motioned with his hands to stop.

“Lance, you will remain silent while I speak.” The Colonel made his initial point. “Like when we are back at home.”
Lance shrugged against his shackles which were placed on him when he was arrested. The Colonel offered him the seat but he declined.

“Lance Wayne Bernard’, The Colonel commanded his son. “I will not take your subornation here.”

“Release my friend out there.” Lance had seen Tonto in shackles out there near the tent. He had reverted to his own form and had surrendered.

“Those are not human. They are inhumane creatures. They deserved no respite except a bullet in the head. A silver one to be exact.” The Colonel voiced out. “You are also out of line with your vigilante approach. We have been pursuing these inhuman for years.”

“No, Dad. Who are you? Are you my dad or a face that resembled his?” Lance interjected on the explanations. “, Yu left us. Lambert and I had to fend for ourselves. Do you know that? Or maybe you could tell me …”

“I…. I have my duty to the Nation. I left the two of you in the care of the household and with adequate finance. You were left with the care of Father Dennis. You were to live in comfort there but both of you have to don the mask and intrude into issues, not of your concern.”

“What duty do you have to do, Colonel? Lance asked coldly.

“I am to serve my master’s command.” The Colonel looked to Lance. “He is here today.”

From the slab, the figure rose and then stepped out. It was Samael.

“I have been so long inside it. The interior was comfortable. The Lone Ranger I presume. You have many questions and I may just answer them for you.” Samael looked at the Colonel. “You may sit down now, Wayne Bernard.”

Wayne Bernard was the name of the Colonel. The Colonel took his seat with a sigh. Samael then approached Lance.

“Your father brought me to this land of opportunity in an unusual manner. He had me delivered on that slab. I was then given better accommodation in a cavern. You may know of it. It held this sign there.” Samael showed the three linked hexagons that Lance had seen in the chamber in the mine. They were engraved onto his chest. “My captors have found a way to tame me.”

“Tame? Such a silly word but I did please them. I am Samael, who once rode with stronger who once rode with Hannibal and then Xerses. I was with Attila and also the great Mongol, The Great Khan. And before all that, I was once the fallen Angel who roamed with Lucifer and the others. I fought Michael and Gabriel to a standstill once but fate was to intervene. I was shuffled out by Lucifer to the far reaches for allies but he wanted me to escape the eventual defeat. I fought with the others and soon ended a prisoner in a vault. I was captured by the druids and shamans united in their quest to capture me. I allowed them to do so for I was alone. I was once a leader of millions and with my exile, I was alone. They placed me in a vault and performed many rituals on me. I pretended to be the prisoner. I was kept there for generations or was it centuries and then I was brought out to the new imprisonment.”

“I was playing for time. I reckon if I was not rescued then by my brothers, then the war had ended with our side lost. I went into hibernation and await my opportunity. When I first laid my eyes on Bernard here, he may be an offer which was very tempting.”

“Bernard, may you please introduce yourself once more. Skip the part on the Colonel. Please proceed to the bargain which we have.” Samael smiled. “I loved all these revelations. Speak, slave.”

“There will be no such needs.” The voice came from behind Lance. The voice belonged to Father Dennis. He was dressed in the army uniform with the ranked of General. “He is mine to command. His army is now mine.”

The figure there was no more the feeble man then but a strait back figures with years of military training. The figure stepped towards Samael.

“You were brought here as part of the arrangement of the Council then. The spread of the influence of the faiths to God was closing in on your whereabouts. If you were discovered then it will be a major victory for them and the other sides will battle for you. It was decided to move you here in the land of opportunity.”

“A land of opportunity indeed? An opportunity for you to called on me to assist in your revolution.” Samael queried back. “I played your desire and you left me back in the slab. I could have broken out but I waited for during my freedom, I had planned my escape and it was Vance Hawkins who did it.”

“When we lost you then in the chamber, I had you searched.” Father Dennis glared at Samael. “I found your rescuers. I declared war on them. They are demons like you.”

“Demons? Blood drinkers? Lycans? Are we all demons or just different from you?” Samael looked at the man. “Are all that is different from you and me was that I was considered as the Devil The one named Hawkins was my rescuer. He has done in the old man and paid the younger heir a fortune for an old mine.”

Samael chuckled and then looked at Lance.

“I played them all for my benefit. The General on order by the President have the command of a large army to quell the disturbances here. General, how did you orchestrate that?” Samael let out another chuckle. “It was simple when you have the Devil on your side. The Man himself was of the faith and the devils were his enemies.”

“Then Hawkins was pushed to bring forth his plans. He had to bring his army here so that they could do the war. He had all that done with the great rails that laid the tracks for the mass to move. I played along like the grateful devil released from Hell. He already had his own devils helping him but I was the main show. He begged me for the extra power in battle. I offered him a drop of my blood to be mixed with the blood that was to be consumed by the Legionnaires. It gave them the strength twice of Man and the courage of the predators. It worked and his battles were victorious until recently. If not for Lance, Hawkins would have garnered enough men to fight the Army but his efforts have thwarted the other twice. And no thanks also to the Lycans the odds tipped further.”

“If I am a servant of God which I was, I will say he has intervened once too often.” Samael laughed. “With Hawkins army defeated only yours remain, Father Dennis or shall I called you previously known as the Angel Aamon.”

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...