Sunday, July 1, 2018

Tweet...tweet.... What a rush..01/07

Wheez....

I have built up a buffer for the days when it won't come pouring cats and doggies. No, it's not rain. It's tales. I had to for its not everyday I get to write or inspired to do so. Well, I was then in the last weeks; perhaps the work pressures spurred the creative juices; for both works and fun. I was tapping when I could.

I have done two tales of Heroes Seven; both are shorts at about 30K each. The first one is prequel; I called them Seven Shorts ( ie. shorter tales about 30K words. ). Its a prequel for it was about Watson just after his return to London. He was without the Holmes. I will do one for Tarzan as the teaser in my last tale; Seven III.

Then I embarked on Arthur II which now stands at 30K for Part One. Its a cross over of Heroes and Arthur knights in a different era. I decided to keep the grill warm at 30K for I want to do the Tarzan short and then back to Artorius II; pardon me Artorius I snapped at about 30K or Chapter 20.

Why the shorts? No, its; not to look sexy but to give me opportunity to explore my tales direction and new characters in some. And tales like Arthur II can spanned to 80K words for there are so much to write there. And Artorius too. My last Arthur I ended at over 80K.

Another factor was watching TV series. I took the tales to run like the series; with Seasonal cliff hangers and allowing for fresh approach.

Even my writing spaces have expanded. I been writing at public places like Starbucks or McD with the screeching and random bangs of noises. I don;t know why I am here but it seems to be working. I used to write on my own desk at home, at my obscure corner and halved my screen with movies on the right and tales on the left side. Yes, I do write naked. Naked as in half dressed waiting for my bath tub to fill up or the correct temperature surfaced. Just in case anyone wondered about it. Nope, I can't do it in the public places but I am learning how to filter out unneeded sounds while I write. It was like years ago when I used to work and study in the cafe with the moments to dash over to the tables serving some customers.

Alright it was not all study then but reading adults novels at times. Thank you to the serving niches, we have to hold the table cloth covering the front. Or the apron with pocketful of ...whatever it takes to hide.

What a rush then too.

Cheers
 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...