Saturday, February 7, 2015

Loki Passage 18


9.

“Loki, I am sorry for being late.” Sigyn reached out to grab the bowl which hovered above the former. She had to make her way past the tremors created by the screams of Loki. He was bounded by the iron shackles since his capture by Skaoi. A serpent was placed above him with its venom dripping onto Loki. The venom from the serpent burned into Loki skin and made him pulled at his shackles. His agony caused the area around the cave to tremor as if it was an earthquake.

“I was hungry.” Sigyn told him while she cleared the bowl and replaced it there. She then seated herself there next to her lover. Her heart ached for him but he was kept imprisoned for his tricks instead of mid-deeds. She had appealed to the Gods but none had shown sympathy for they were all tricked by Loki before. Her lover Loki was not an easy person to get along with but she prevailed. It was not a matter of arrangement but she was one of Loki’ victim. He had chance on her to do his trick. It worked and she was left in tears but Loki then was taken in by her. He had later approached her and apologized but she sent him away. He had returned many more times to console her and later turned out to courting. It was the later who was amused then and soon was swooned over. She did however asked him of the trick he played.

“It’s not my desire to play those tricks. It’s however my inherent nature to trick others. I was not named the Trickster for the namesake but the tricks are second nature to me.” Loki explained. “They need me to put some amusement in theirs.”
Sigyn had believed in him, and soon she found herself to be his confidante. He was telling her his woes and then his inner feelings. He confessed his namesake hurt him at times, but he felt it was the only way for him to hit back.

“It’s my way of retaliation. They scorned me for my birth and then of my link to Odin. They made me be that person.” Loki told her. “They have to pay for their action.”

“Thank you.” Loki spoke up towards Sigyn. He had broken her journey into the past when she first met Loki. “I missed you.”

It was some periods have passed that Loki had been trapped there with Sigyn visiting him. She had not mourned the death of Vali and Nafri; it was Loki’ teaching her on how to fight off her emotions. She trapped them way and continued on her life.

“When do you think Ragnarok will happened?” Loki asked. Sigyn did not reply for she was inspecting the bowl. Once it was placed on the side and it toppled over before it was full. She looked to the serpent and like Loki, it was trapped there. Only its head was not embedded in the rocks and in its spite, it was released its venom or it will be killed.


“I will tell you soon. I could feel it inside me.” Loki replied. “I am Ragnorak. Do you feel the cold?” 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...