Monday, August 25, 2014

Othello the Legatus Act 2 Part 1.23

Act Two Scene 3 Part 3

When Iago reached the door, he was met by Roderigo who came in with his heavy breaths while looking to the rear.

"Are they gone?" Roderigo asked.

"Yes, they all left. Where did you disappeared just now?" Iago asked his friend while pulling him in.

"I had remain hidden lest he looked for me." Roderigo told him. "Where were you when I was attacked at the outside?"

"I was pre-occupied. The Aides had me cornered and could not leave." Iago replied."You did good to come back, and more good news to you. He recognised not you."

"What does that do for me? I lost a fortune on this trip. And almost got killed." Roderigo pushed his friend aside. "It was all you doing. I came on your pretext that she would be wooed, and all I got was close to losing my life. Are you my friend, Iago? Or the serpent beneath the tree trunk? Poised to strike me dead on the first bite."

"I am you friend, Roderigo. How else would I had gone so far without you? As we speak, Cassio had lost his rank, and soon he would caused the Legatus to removed him. He had intend to move towards Desdemona...." Iago was cut off.

"Desdemona? How dare you suggest that to him?"

"Fear not, Roderigo. I have my plans worked out. He would bring the downfall upon himself and then she would leave the dark one for you. I had it all in my vision." Iago looked to the beaming sunlight that came in through the gaps in the window. "Its dawn, and another new day begin. One that would see more of my plan coming to action."

"Roderigo, you trusted me this far. Then continue on with that journey, and let accomplished what I had promised you." Iago told the other. "You look tired and needed the rest. Go and get your sleep and let me work my wonders."

"I hear you once more, Iago. But my patience have their limits." Roderigo cautioned his friend.

"Be gone, you tired fool. I have much to do." With that, Iago looked at the departing friend of his. Then he looked upstairs to the young couple above.

"The next stages of my plan needed new players. I would need to wake up my ones, and put them into the mood." Iago smiled at his own plan. He had never felt more tense except before a battle. But this was not a battle of the swords but of the mind. And like both, he would win. The new player he would deployed would be easier to convinced. She would not dare to resist him, if she valued her father's life. He is old but he is loved by her.

"Yes, Emilia. You are the obedient one like before."




No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...