Sunday, August 10, 2014

Othello the Legatus Act 2 Part 1.19

"Please do not make me tell on my own Legion. I am their officer and also their friend. Cassio is my superior and it would shamed me to tell on him." Iago bow to the Legatus.

"Speak, Praefectus Iago. I command you." Othello told him.

"As you commanded, Legatus." Iago looked to Cassio who had his face faced down. "I was in here with the other aides, having the drink when Cassio barged in. He said he was ambushed by someone and was wounded. I treated him, and then another came in with Montana at the rear. The lights were dim and it was dark at the doorway. I could not make out who he was, but Cassio attacked him. Montana stepped in to stop the fight and ended up in the fist fight with Cassio. We pulled them apart and that was when you arrived."

Othello glared towards Cassio, but Iago stood in between the two.

"Legatus, even the best man in his worst days may sometimes do the stupid things. Cassio was only trying to capture the man who attacked him but the other had escaped. He would remain unknown but he had offended Cassio. Any worthy man of his pride would do justice to that injury."

Othello stepped up and pushed Iago aside. He approached Cassio, and spoke to him.

"Micheal Cassio, you were one I held much respect. I gave you the command as my second on that respect, and above all trust that you would performed to the fullest." Othello looked away at Iago. "You failed me. As of now, you are no more my second in command, Praefectus Cassio."

"Othello, what happened here?" It was Desdemona who stepped down from the upper level with Emilia.

Othello looked to the person and smiled.

"You are awake?" Othello feigned the surprise to see his love. "I apologize if we awaken you from your sleep."

"They can sleep through a Tempest, if need be." Othello added in to calmed the situation. The others laughed at that remark which Desdemona shied off with a giggle. Othello then walked to her and asked that she go back upstairs.

"Iago, take over the command." Othello told the other. "Have the healers attend to Montana and Cassio."

With that Othello rejoined his love at the stairs.



  

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...