Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Story Write Compilations Volume 2 Stories 19

 My life as a Gladiator

 

Author's Note: The picture says it all. I was watching Spartacus 2012 TV series and this inspires the tale below.

It's crude and erotic plus violent.

 

Contests rules:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Behold my new warrior who would-be champion, Marconis." The new master of mine was to announce my arrival at his manor. He presented me to his troupes of Gladiators Familia, which numbered more than twenty-five in his school. The Ianista is my new master who just acquired me from the mines where I just killed three guards and was to be executed. I stepped out to the training yard and was greeted by the assemble of warriors.

 

"Nubian, show this recruit what you learned here." The Ianista point to a dark-skinned warrior who stepped forth to face me. The Nubian threw to me a wooden sword but I choose not to take it. I kicked it away to the cheers of the rest of the warriors. The Nubian on seeing me rejected the wooden sword, he was to take offense by it. He lunged at me with his sword for my head but I had sidestepped and laid my fist to his left ribs. My punch was painful as he drops his sword to clutch his side but I was not to stop with my fist. I lashed out with my leg into his other side of the ribs and followed with a jump to lay my knee on the jaw of his head. He fell backward and I land on my knees next to him to chop my hand on his throat. He was later gasping for his last few drawn breaths before he drew on his last. I had then stood up to the cheers of the warriors.

 

That was three years ago and I am now a favored warrior of the family with over fifty victories in the arena since my elevation to Gladiator. I have beheaded or maim more men in my one year as a Gladiator than in my previous works as a mercenary.  But the last few weeks have been hell to me. I am now more than a warrior, I am also a killer. I have killed some innocents or non-warriors at the request of the Ianista. I have thrown infants off the railings to the hungry dogs or smash the young lady's head's as I impaled myself on their virginity. I once tied a man to the tree trunk and poured honey on his body so that the hungry bear I caught earlier could devour him as well.  There was nothing that I could not do for my master.

 

Tonight is one of them. I creep up the wall and dropped into the garden. Soon I was in the personal chamber of the head of the Manor, and I approached his bed with stealth. He is fast asleep and I am to placed him in the sleep forever. But the instruction was explicit so I had to comply even I may not like it.

 

I took out the ropes to secure the man before he could react to my presence. I was to violate his wife as he watched before I had her hung by the wrists from the overhead beam. I made him watched as I ravaged her in every way I could and even spit my venom into his face. Upon completion of my violation, I then lashed her body with the whip I carried with me and allowed her husband to see her suffered. The torture was to strip her of the flesh from her body and soon killed her. When she had died, I removed her heart and innards to lay it by the tortured husband. It was near dawn when I move to approach the man who is now a broken man after seeing the last few hours of acts done on his wife.

 

"The act was to remind you of the place you are to take before my master. Do as commanded or be faced with another repeat of this action but it may only be your daughter but your mother and her sisters as well." The man's grief was deep but he nodded his understanding. I took my leave of him the same way I came into the chamber. I stopped at the temple to cleanse my soul of the sins I am forced to perform.  After that cleansing, I was back with my family and I released my pent-up frustrations on my fellow brothers in the family.

 

Three weeks ago, I was to find my fortune is soon to changed. My draw in the arena was another champion from another family who is said to win all his last twelve bouts with quick fights. Our bout was an equal one until I took the first slash with my double sword against his sword and shield. The opponent of mine was a different warrior from then; fighting with more vigor and skills never seen yet. I parried all his attacks where mine hits nothing but the shield or space. But a mistake of mine was to be made when I weakly defended his attack, he followed with another attack with his shield. It stuck me on my left knee causing me to fall in the wrong position causing more pain. He scored more hits on me since that attack but I could do little as I find myself limping or crying out in pain.

 

But in our oversight, we made mistakes which I was soon to capitalize on from my opponent. He had come towards me with the lunge, but I parried off his attack and thrust on a new opening for me from below at his lower torso up into his lungs. He did not cry out but his expression tells it well; he is shocked by my move and he knows he has been beaten by the best. When he laid down dead, I cut out his innards to display to the roaring crowd. But I lost too that day when I was never sent to the arena for I have become crippled.

 

I come back to the family to become a peon to the other gladiators. I was asked to bring water and towels for them on their calls. It was not that bad except for some who foresee as their means to let off their frustrations be it by beatings or by the heinous acts of same-sex copulation. What pain I could bear was not compared to the humiliation on my body that was hard to swallow, But the worse was yet to come until saw my Master bring forth his new partner to the arena. he is none other than the man whom I killed his wife sometime back.

 

My luck continues getting bad as of last week, I was on the cross in the torture chamber where I have been reduced to a bloody pulp by the whips. My crime was to look at the new master in his eyes when he retires to the Ianista chamber. My punishment was long and painful with nothing from the arsenal of items that were spared from use.

 

"For my dead wife, but thanks to you I found a new love." The man whom I killed his wife now had a change of partners choices, was very dramatic in his revenge. I never knew that the whip can be used besides for lashings can be painful shaft up the rectum.

 

Today, I woke up in my cell with a healer putting the lotion on my wounds. But he is not a healer but a good friend who gave me some good advice. But today he is not here to give me only advice, but a dagger in his healing box. 

 

"Use that and get away. Nothing you may do would matter to this house. But your freedom could harm here. You must leave his house. I would leave a horse for you on the east wall tonight after the third watch. Ride and if you ever come back, come back with an army." The healer left me with the dagger and a promise to bring the horse.

 

On the strike of the third watch, I called out for the guard on complaints of great pain. The unwary guard was irritated by the idea of being awakened at this ungodly hour and more to it by me whom he disliked very much. The guard opened the cell door to attend to me as I slept curled up on the cot.

 

"Up, you lazy fool. A dip into the cold water may do you do." His idea of a dip is a throw into the water trough for the horses. As he crouched down to attend to me, I turned my body and raised my right hand with the dagger to plunged into his neck. It stops his cries and had him gasping for breath. I twisted the dagger into the thorax and sliced it out to the front of his neck; severing his entire thorax from the chest line. I lowered the dead guard onto my cot and covered him with the thick blanket. I took off the guard's waist belt with the short sword and wipe my dagger on the blanket.

 

I made my way out of the cell and into the guard's room. There sleeps two more of my earlier tormentors which I removed with a new opening across their throats. I then picked up their body armor and don it on my body. I picked up an extra sword and lashed it to my back. I made my way out of the dungeon into the main house. I met two more sleeping guards which I was to put to eternal sleep with my dagger. I limped myself to the master's room and slowly opened the door.

 

I see before me the great bed which my master lies in sleep with his new partner in the arms. The Ianista has a different lust for gender than mine. His pet slave, the young lad lies asleep on the floor next to the foot of the bed. I walked up to the sleeping lad and stirred him up.

 

"Stand by the pillar and move not an inch or I shall have you sliced from your toes to your head." He did as he was told and stood by the pillar with his hands cupping his only worthy part of the body. I took up the bed ropes and string up my master and his bed partner. Their drunken stupor made them easy victims to be tied down and later awaken with the washing water from the nearby small tub. The awaken duo was to shout for help but on seeing my weapons at their throat, they ceased all need to call for help.

 

"Masters' if I may be called you last time. Your retribution comes tonight. I would not recount the number of times I have been inflicted with pain or torture on your calls, but I would make sure you do recall this night of the pain I am going to do to you." I looked at both the man who planned and carried out the acts onto others with my help and then bestow the same punishment on me when I am worthless in their eyes. I took the Ianista had him hung over the high beam by his wrist but he hangs over an upturned sword aimed at his bottom torso with his legs spread out. The length of the rope that holds him is then to be held by his new bed partner.

 

"Your revenge is at near for the man who ordered me to rape and murder your mistress." I could see the anger which blazed in the man's eyes, but I held him back from exerting his revenge as yet. "do him slow so he would feel the pain." But I am not without bad intent for the man who gave me shelter and home. I took another length of rope and tied it to the new master around his testicles and penis, to which the other end of the length is tied to the Ianista' waist. I made sure the rope is taut so that any exertion on it would pain the other person'.

 

"Now my trap for the two of you is complete. You may lower him to the sword and impale him but as he moves down, your balls would be pulled along with him. Truly a befitting crime for the two of you, but to encourage your expedition I have decided to place this room on fire. So you either get killed that way or the fire would engulf you both." I threw the bottles of wine and oil all around the chamber and even got the lad to help me with my moving of a heavy chest to block the door. Meantime, he creates a rope for me with the bed sheets so I can be lowered to the ground to escape. Before I took the rope to escape, I gave the two my last smile and lit the fire which soon spread through the chamber. The young lad and I soon lowered ourselves down and I lit the length of cloth to prevent anyone from trying to escape on it. We ran for the wall and climbed over it to the awaiting horse.

 

One week later, I woke up at dawn from my sleep in the cave. We have reached the border of my homeland, and soon we would part company. I shook the lad up who slept by my side since we left the familia. He stirred up but he turned to hold me but I pushed him apart. "We are to part company from now. You are a free man now, and you can go home to see your family as I would do. Our union stops here now and we would never meet again. Take the horse and ride with it, as I could walk back to my land."

 

"Is it not that as a free man I can choose my destination? If so I would choose to go where you go." I looked at the lad and smiled. He is a good friend and companion. We would be able to keep each other warm in the coming nights. I held out my hand to him to show him the border of our new home.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...