Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Story Write Compilations Volume 2 Stories 3

 Lady in Black.

 

Author's Note: This is a tale base on the movie "The Woman in Black". This is the ending part. It's not a contest.

 

Contests rules:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

This is the last ending scene where Arthur Kidd grabs his son from the incoming train which was going to kill his son. He jumped and he grabbed hold of his son. The scene stops then.

 

This is what happened after then. It's between dimensions as Arthur Kidd still holding his son faced off the Lady in Black to dare her to snatch his son. He has recovered her son and brought the body to the house. He has tried to reconcile the two to stop the curse. He has done more than anyone in the village ever tried to do. Now he is standing here with his son's life to be taken by her.

 

"No, it won't be the same. You have taken enough of these children. They are innocent and you do not have the right to take them away from their parents. Your perverted love for your lost child caused many others to lose theirs. If you truly love the child you gave birth to; you would know what it's like to lose one who was in you. I am his Father, and I lost my wife giving him life. I shall not permit you to take his. Answer me, lady. Tell me why I must forego my son for your vengeance."

 

The Lady in Black does not answer him. She stands there with her black veil over her expressionless face, and her hands lay loosely at her side. Her dressing in black does not add any to her character other than that of a silly lady who haunts this village. If she thinks by dressing in such, she would be viewed as a mourning mother but in fact, she looked more like a wretched witch. Even her son would turn away from her if he would to see her.

 

"Tell me, Lady in Black. What vile thoughts are on your mind? My child to join the rest which you have taken. Do you know each of them has a parent who loved them dearly? You took away their love like what you assumed of yours. But yours was not taken away. It was given to your sister. You gave him away from your free will. He did not have a say in the matter. Have you considered asking him before you did the vile act? No, you did not. But now you come back to reclaim him. He was dead by then, and you blamed all those here for not bringing his body back. But did you asked yourself; who not yourself to do the task? Did you try it? Or you just acted like a distraught mother with tears to flow and hoping sympathy will come. My lady, I did it not for you. I did it for my son, so he will not be taken by you. I did what any parent would do; try their best. Just as I tried to save another child which was in the fire. You made her burned herself. You killed her and all the children as well as your son's. Do you hear me, Lady in Black?"

 

The Lady in Black stood there and not a word could be heard from her. But in the years since she has been back, she felt something in her soul. It does not hate nor love. Its remorse as she has caused many deaths for her selfish side. She felt that even if she continued, her son would not come back to her. He is the son of her sister now; by love and devotion. She turned her back and disappear from the scene.

 

"Arthur, are you awake?"

 

Arthur opened his eyes to find himself back in London. Standing before him is the man who helped him to break the curse. "My son..."

 

"He is well. He is in the other room. Are you okay?"

 

"I think so. Where am I?'

 

"You are in London. You hurt yourself jumping onto the track. Why did you jump? There was nothing there. Thank God the train was late that evening."

 

"I jumped? I thought..." But Arthur paused in his words. "I must have slipped. I am so sorry to have made everyone concerned about me. Who treated me?"

 

"She did. Mrs.Moore. There she is now. Just came in from her sister's funeral. It could have been yours if there was a train."

 

Arthur looked up and saw the Lady in Black in the room.

 

 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...