Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Lone Ranger Chapter 61

 

61.

Tonto dismounted from the metal construct that he once rode with its sidecar. He left the metallic construct with its sound idling. He was back at the plateau and looked to the high walls before him. When last he was here, there was a battle there with the other demons. And then they were rescued by those insides but he has not the one named Falstaff with him. He called out to them but they will not appear. He needed them for from they may know how to end the war. He knew it from his visions. He had seen the future as was taught to him by the elderly shaman.

“Hear me, you bloody heathens.” Tonto lost his patience then.

“I wouldn’t call them that.” Tonto heard the voice of the insufferable Falstaff. He turned towards him and smiled. The wider girth figure stood there.

  “We lost you in the fight then and how did you appear here now?”

“I escaped naturally. I am after all Falstaff.” The other roared into laughter. Falstaff then looked at the high walls “You do know we can hear you but we are wary of whom you served?”

“I served neither of them. I only served God.” Tonto declared himself. “I now seek the way home to my own God.”

“Of course we know. Michael sent you here through the portal. Do you think for once we were lost to him? He asked us to remain here even though we were tormented and hunted. Michael sent you and the one named Lone Ranger. If he had not known of Hades, would he have not known how and where to send you?”

“Why….No, are you telling me that Michael planned all this?”

“Yes, Tonto. We all lived in unbecoming places since the war among the Angels. That war had split their loyalty and since then the Creator had gone into seclusion at the Final Frontier. Or was said to be. The words were that he had gone to the Far Frontier to discuss more peace or alliance. Or he had seen his last age coming. Or he is dying.”

“Falstaff, you speak of …treason,” Tonto replied. “I do not need to hear all this. I want to leave.”

“You can’t, Tonto. Michael has plans for you.” Falstaff laughed but Tonto turned to look at the high cliffs.

“I will prefer death than serving either of them or even you,” Tonto spoke of his stand once more. He moved to mount his metallic contraption. “Maybe I will need to find a new way to go home.”

Tonto kicked the contraption alive with its engine but Falstaff stopped him.

“I hear you well, Tonto. I, Falstaff is not only the servant of Michael, I also served the Creator. Like in your current journey you are free to choose. In my similar journey, I made my choices then. Some were bad and good but I made it nevertheless. We were like that when we were Angels. We were free to choose from. It was the wish of the Creator. I asked to be sent here as a Warden. I was too late for Adam had taken over Hades. I joined the others here but I made my stay here to know what was happening inside Hades as well.”

“I have seen it that the creation of Hades was to defend the Universe. I hid it behind the biggest creation to as the final frontier for those in the need to correct the faults of those miscreant souls. I was mistaken when I co-joined the two together.”

“I helped to build the containment unit here to intern them for that. And Adam had deceived me and imprisoned Lucifer. He had then risen to control Hades for its power. He demented the purpose of Hades and created a hellish dimension here. Now Michael shared that desire but he knew he cannot act on Hades without a reason. The release of Lucifer gave Michael the final reason to wage war here. With Lucifer here, Michael may have arrived too and awaited the moment to attack.”

“Then we have to stop the war.”

“All of them sought the Trident Weapon in Hidden Chambers so they can retrieve the weapons. They were my brothers. I need to stop them ….”

“What brothers? I… It can’t be. You can’t be one of them.”

“I may be what you are allowed to see or I could be the Nephilim that once roamed even here. I held many forms, Tonto and I chose to trust you with my secret.” Falstaff sighed. “I am Gabriel the Angel sent by God to quell the war but I have not succeeded. I have created another war.”

Tonto bowed to Falstaff but the other stopped him.

“Fight with me. I will restore the Heaven and Hell to its previous standing.” Falstaff told Tonto.

“I am not sure if I believed in that,” Tonto replied. “This is all disbelieving and yet it’s ….. so real.”

“Let me take inside to explain it all once more.”

Across the surface and then descended deeper into the tunnel in another section of Hades, Adam stood at the open platform looking at numerous screens before him. He was with his army commanders and leaders that provided him the needed intel in his Main Command center. He had explored Hades for a long period based on the so-called intel provided by the tortured Wardens and nothing yield result.

“Master, this is the final location. It may be the one to the Hidden Chamber.” Adam looked at the screen indicated. It showed a huge chamber with the metal doorway.

“We have tried numerous attempts to pry open the doors.” Adam was told then. He looked hard at it. He was hoping that whatever he needed was behind it. Then he could be powerful than even Michael’s fleet.

“Give me the location,” Adam called out.

“It at Level 666. It was called the Hell’s Gateway. We have not reached it yet. We are facing resistance there.” Adam shook his head. One of his qualities was perseverance and that was coming to an end. He turned to the demon and told him to continue.

“We can’t fight this war if we are without it. I can feel in me that Michael may be already here. He is like me. I would have planned it so if I was him.” Adam then turned back to the main structure behind him. He was met by Belphegor and Asmodeus.

“Where are the others?” Adam glared at them.

“They have fled to their stronghold before the war began,” Asmodeus told Adam. “We have not that many demons like before. Most of them have fled to rejoin Lucifer. What can we do?”

“What can we do?” Adam replied with anger. “I will show them hell for Hades for their cowardly action. I want Hades to bleed. Explode the set charges which we have planted. We will leave Hades in the state of hell for Michael should he arrive. I will be at the final location.”

Adam then left the center and stepped into the steam wagon and was driven off leaving the two demons standing like fools there.

“Do we fight or flee?” Asmodeus was in a state of confusion while he watched the other watching the screens.

“Where to? Lucifer? Do not forget the brother that we betrayed him to Adam. It was us who led him to the trap. He may not even forgive us we are demons.” Belphegor smiled. “After all, if we are to be exterminated then I will prefer to be at Michael’s sword.”

“Enough of extermination. He is mad to do this.” Asmodeus cried out. “This is the Command Center.”

“Madness is in power and now in destroying it all. All he wanted when he held onto Hades was to get hold of the Trident Weapon inside the Hidden Chambers. With it, he can activate Hades' real power. He does not need all of this. His final act will be to destroy Hades.”

“Then we shall do the unplanned.” Belphegor continued. “Which I had done so. I am in contact with one other of ours. He knows the way out. He told me so. We will betray Lucifer and also Adam!”

“Heaven forbid! The madness prevailed in you too. If they knew it, they will have you terminated.” Asmodeus cried out once more. “How could you do that? Even Michael may not pardon you.”

“I cared not for Adam or Lucifer. I will have my victory with our brothers. We have lived before them as the underlings too long.” Belphegor replied. “Baal will do it for us.”

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...