Friday, December 13, 2019

Tweet...tweet.... 13/12... Finally Legion is done

For now anyway.

Legion; Resurrected took on so many twists and finally I concluded the ending for Book One ( 27 chapters at 48K words ). It will go on to new chapters in Book Two later. Sure took me a long time to write, re-write, changed the ending and re-changed. Geez, God bashing ain't that easy after all.

Guess what, it took me Friday 13th to complete it. 

Today is that day that freaked some but to me, its another day in the calendar year. No, I won't plunge into a marathon of Friday 13th reruns. I saw the first one back when I was a teen, and it was not Jason I was looking at. And not Mama Jason either. I stopped at the third installments when I discovered other better views. 

Pia Zadora was one. Never heard of her, huh? Well, I did. 

I had to admit work took up my time and health too. On some days, I did not touch my laptop at all. My mind was zapped and all I wanted to do was sleep. But my wife will nag. 

"Why ain't you writing?" 

"Huh? You never read them." 

"Why should I? I can hear you telling me them in your sleep. I know all your plots and worse, your heroines." 

Since that day. I slept on my side facing the wall. The wall won't tell me what I said last night. 

And 2019 comes to an end soon. I have a personal book to write on. It's a fictional account of my grandfather born in 1900 and died in 1979. He saw the fall of the Manchurian Dynasty in 1911. he told me ran off that morning to cut his pig end hair. He sailed to the new land with his Uncle down the coasts of South East Asia towards Straits Settlement. He made his business here and survived WWII when the Japanese Army occupied the country. he told me of the days in the jungles to hide from the Japanese, and how he missed the calling to be sent to the Burma Railways. He told me of the atrocities and the war. When that was over he saw the uprising of the communist with the British Colonials, the Independence of Malaysia, the Confrontation with Indonesia, the civil unrest of 1969, and many other events. 

I lived with him when younger, and he told me many tales. I owed him this to showcase for the generations to come. Not all of it will factual ( that may be boring ) but the zest of fictional accounts will make it good write. 

And I re-doing my sketches which I once used to do at the early teens. The skills need to be trained once more. Hopefully, I can do my best renditions once more with James Garner and Roger Moore portraits. And Koo Stark. 

Don't know them too? Never mind. 

Cheers

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...