Sunday, December 22, 2019

Legion Resurrected Chapter 9


9.

Michael

“We meet once again, Lucifer.” Michael greeted the lost brother of his and also the leader of the Fallen Ones. He found himself looking at the figure dressed in the casual wrap around to the waist and the loose pants with the laced sandals. The figure he had known as Lucifer was uniquely named when they met then before the Supreme.
“Lucifer, step forth to receive your place among the brother and sisters of yours now.” Lucifer had then taken the bold step forward in his toga that lined to his knees and the sandals. Lucifer was a younger frame with the loose hair that reached down his spine. He was different compared to the older look in Michael.
“You were once named Satan for your devilish behavior. Now you …”
“I am not the character you blamed me on. I was named Satan for that was my given name. I was born and raised in the dark world of Hell, among the miscreants and the renegades. It was not a perfect place or domain but it was mind-blowing to learn all the arts and skills there.”
“Devilish is my term.” It was the voice of the Supreme heard but never seen the image. “I have decided to give you a second term to your existence. You will be sent to another dimension and there you will be named Lucifer.”
“And hide those horns. They are hideous to your look.” Lucifer reached for the protruding horns. He had removed them moments before, but like what they said below; not worth the hide if it’s not to be displayed.
“Now meet your brethren here for the last time before you are to be banished.” Lucifer was introduced to the others and when he reached Michael, he stopped to look harder.
“Michael? I thought you looked like ….”
“Adam? Yes, I was. I am done with my past misgivings.” Michael replied. “The influences of the serpent were ….”
“Influencing? I met some of them. They are.” Lucifer smiled. “You should see them in their raw form. Oh! You did.”
Michael felt himself blushing. It was some time ago, and the events were simpler. Now like when he met Lucifer for the second time.
“Are you here to bring me back and then send me to the dark world?” Lucifer asked. “Just when I was getting comfortable here.”
“Yes, I am,” Michael replied. It took him some time to defeat the younger foe. Lucifer was armed with the weapon taken by him from the Supreme Armoury. The trident with the power of the hellraiser flame was a weapon that was ranked along Excalibur, the Horn among others. Michael finally defeat the other with his tactical skills. He had Lucifer held by the neck with his left hand and the blade poised at the throat.
“Yield?”


The Diner
“It’s about time you surfaced.” Turion hollered out in pain while holding his wounded arm. He saw Michael tossed what was the remaining part of his arm. It was removed at below his right elbow.
“Hey, that’s my arm.” Turion cried out. “I could fix that back.”
“Not necessary.” The discarded arm went up in reddish flames. It came from the right of Turion. It was from a trident with the two spikes instead of three that was the normal design. It was held by the figure in a smart three pieces’ suit and the fedora covered part of his face with the long hair blowing to the rear.
“Fedora with the long hair? Surely, you could improve on your look since we last met.” Michael greeted the old foe. “How long have we missed each other?”
“Since when? Oh, you meant the last battle. I think some many more too great to remember in numbers but I felt as if we just met yesterday.” Lucifer laughed. “I was in that place they named Hell. Hell, they named it and rename Eden to Heaven. It was a blast.”
“You were banished.” Michael cut in. “You were…”
“Imprisoned was the term but they prefer to say I was to rule there. Heck! I was ruling here and then you came down with an army to usurp me. I was defeated and then send to rule another but that was the domain I was raised in. I had to dig every bit of my old self, and improved on it for those crafty residents were better then.” Lucifer approached Michael.
“You…”
“I succeeded then. I became the Lord of Hell and was worshiped by many. Unfortunately, I have an affinity for this dimensional. I whizzed myself back at the first opportune moment.” Lucifer smiled. “If you are to ask, how did I do that? I was allowed to return to Hell on my own accord. I left some of my brethren here to cover for me, and eventually give me access back here when I want to.”
“So, you never left,” Turion spoke up “The rumors were right. You are Satan.”
“Hush, Brother Turion. There could be someone listening. Oh, they had” Lucifer looked at gathered there and then at the wounded warrior. “Sorry about the arm. You could grow one back. I know that.”
Turion stood up and then smiled while his arm grew back.
“Surprise, brother.” Turion stepped to approach Lucifer.
“Surprise, brother. Goodbye and God’s speed.” Lucifer aimed his trident at Turion. The reddish flame tore into Turion’s chest and a huge hole appeared. The flame ate at the flesh and soon all that remained was the limbs before it was engulfed by it. He then aimed at Michael.
“Where is my kid?”
In the Diner, Charlie was cursing at Percy who was performing his best as the midwife. He3 had done many life savings procedures but that was in the war, with shells dropping nearby or bullets whizzing above his head. He was sworn at with every profanity known to the wounded and in multiple languages. The ones he had saved hardly even say thank him to him. He did ask his commanding officer “what was a colored cook doing saving lives?”
“Private, you don't kill any of us with your cooking, so we reckon you could save more lives out there.” Percy never accepted the explanation but the medics were outnumbered and he knew how to bandage the wounds. He had good experience from his younger days running on the street before the Pastor told him to do good at the Army. He took the advice and ended up as a cook.
“If you can’t shoot well, learn to be a cook.” Percy heeded his Sergeant words. Badly though he lost his arm in a mishap at the kitchen when a bomb landed there. He was saved except for some burns and a missing right hand. He continued cooking and his hook was useful to drag the carcasses.
“Charlie, push harder.” Percy had encouraged the waitress. Jeep had meanwhile restraint the other lady to the iron leg table while Bob was getting impatient with the parlay outside. He saw the arrival of the third figure with the trident.
“Heck!” Bob read his books and the trident was not a good sign. He slung the rifle to the back and reached for the RPG. He leveled it on his shoulder and aimed at the trio.
“Forgive, God. It was either them or us.” Bob muttered the prayer but his finger stayed on the trigger. He then saw the latest figure torched the other and it was his last restraint then. He pulled the trigger but there was no whooshing missile.
“Darned!” Bob looked at the RPG. He had seen those units failed in training but never in the battle. “I will be damned.”
Bob took down the RPG and removed the faulty missile. He grabbed a fresh one and reloaded it. He then leveled it and looked at the outside target. He found himself facing the trident held by the figure that had fried the other.
“If I …” Bob was cut in by Lucifer.
“I would have melted the missile and you with it. It will be an ugly amalgam of flesh and metal with other abnormalities. You wouldn’t want to go to Hell that way.” Lucifer made his way past the veteran soldier and stepped towards Percy. He was followed by Michael.
“He wants to see the lady. He claimed to … be the father.” Michael told the others.
“Who is he?” Jeep asked.
“He is Lucifer. You may have known him as Satan.” Michael replied.
“The Devil himself,” Bob muttered out. “What are we? Sacrifices?”

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...