Friday, November 8, 2019

Murder One; Deep Heat Chapter 7 of 7


7.


I don’t know if it was God or the Devil on my back but I was hurled with clues. I got my picture identified and it was expected. I guess the Selby have lots of pricks to spare.

“His name is Steven Selby or Small S for nickname. He ran with a biker group named the Faraway. That is the sign of a motorbike over the moon. He was …”

“Henry’s brother. It fits. The bike and name. See how far he’s related to the Man.” I laid down the requirements.

“Not far. First cousins.” James replied. He had the family tree sketched. “Nigel Selby’s uncle’s…”

“Yes, I know how the genealogy works. Its who else they fucked I was unsure.” I turned the subject later and asked about Matthew Springs. He was bailed and I needed to talk to him. Tabitha gave me the address and I went over with James.

“How do you want to handle it?” James asked. We are not armed Police and the location was on the bad side of the city.

“We normally ring the doorbell, but I can make an exception if you have a crowbar,” I replied and we did not need the crowbar. The uniformed was there before us. Matthew was dead when we arrived.

“Good day, Inspector.” I knew Sarge Lester from the neighboring Station. “We had the call to check on him. The uniform arrived and found him dead. The cause of death overdosed with cocaine. We found sacks of it.”

There goes my lead, but I have some more. I went to look for my bitch. She offered to meet me at the café. I left James at the train station.

“The six bitches have been a gang for over a year. We have been pals.” I looked at Connie. “We never asked of ….”

“Of our daily jobs or even our full names. We just meet at the stopover home, changed and then we were off to our clubs. Heck! I did not know you were a copper. I don’t do criminal until last week.” Connie laid it out to me. I asked her agency.

“Cohen, Adam and Associates.”

“I thought it was an accounting firm.”

“Yes, it’s but the correct name should be Cohen, Adam and Associates, Public Accounting. Mine is a Legal Firm. We have the same partners.”

“The Selby family.” I dropped it out like brimstones from Hell.

“Yes, Nigel is the Senior and he is a licensed barrister. An Accountant.” Connie explained. “Look, I don’t really choose my employer, they chose me.”

“Did you hear of Matthew Springs?” I added in the double fork weapon to her. I thought it will stick into her but she brushed me off.

“Matthew was moved to another associate. I am doing the other case of Henry Selby’s suing you for his ailment.” I laughed at her.

“He does not know I own a bike.”

“I do and I will challenge you in court.” I felt the fuck into my ass then. Connie was a real bitch. I won’t be sending her Christmas cards from then. I left with the feeling as if I had given a blowjob and gagged on the swallow. The call came then.

“It’s Maud Adams. We found her.” I thanked Tabitha and asked Armed Police to be there with the silent approach. The location was not far but the drive was bad. I was bad. I stepped off my car and retrieved the flak jacket. I then joined the others. There were three Police Cars there, and they were facing the house.

“I said silent approach,” I told the Sergeant.

“When we arrived, and when turning the corner, we heard shots. We convened in and cordoned the place.” The hare was aware of the trap. I sighed at that. The Special Squad had arrived. They are the snipers and negotiators. I did not call them and wondered who did. I took the unimaginable. I walked towards the house.

“Bitch, it’s me. I am coming in.” I shouted out while the others behind me were balls squeezed to my action. I reached the doorway and saw it was ajar. I stepped in and was greeted by the nice homely décor with the china bone dining set and the tall cupboards, wallpapers and nice rugs. The only thing that marred the scene was the guns and ammo. Maud Adam was wearing the flak jacket but it was unmarked, and beneath it was the tight vest and her panty.

“Hi, Bitch. I was in the bathroom. The call came in when I was dinging myself. I rushed out and saw the uniforms. I grabbed my arsenal and shoot at them.” I heard her. I saw the arsenal she meant was the automatic rifle, shotgun, and handguns with assorted ammo clips. She looked like she was working at the Armoury in the Station. 

“Inspector, I really missed you. We are a good pair huh?” Maud smiled at me. I had known her for the last weeks, but the new sight of Maud was different.

“You can’t recall that night. The night you stopped me from killing the girl.” Maud looked at me. It then snapped back at her. “You did not know it. Shit! I was played out.”

“Bitch …. Maud, talk to me.” The scenes were shifting in my mind. It was disturbing. “Who played you out?”

Maud held the automatic rifle in her hands. She was nervous and at the same time mumbling.

“I should not have panicked. I was twisted by them.”

“Talk to me, Maud. I am here to help.” I held out my arms to her.

“No, you can’t. I was …. I am the one you seek for the Dumpster Murder. I snared the girls and he kills them.” Maud looked at me. “It was how we did it. It was easy to lure the girls. I was the bitch who wants a good time. They followed me and then I sedated them. He took over and did those bad kinds of stuff. I never stayed to watch. He will dispose of the girls.”

“Who, Maud?” I pleaded with her. “I will protect you.”

“You can’t protect me. Those were not the only girls we killed. There were more. He disliked them. He calls them sluts and yet …. he played to their tune or his and then they died.” Maud smiled. “Like me. I was called to fuck you. To know you. I did that and the last girl, I was almost caught.”

“I did not see you. It was not you. The lady was dressed ….” I stopped my presumption. “The bag? You have a change of clothing there?”

“Don’t we all? You have your stopover and became the bitch. I have mine too.” Maud looked outside. “Get out while you can.”

“No, Maud. It does not have to end this way.” I pleaded again. Maus leveled the rifle and fired into the wall behind me. I crouched down instinctively and the snipers shot her. She went down with half a dozen wounds in her head. They blew her brains out. Nothing on the flak jacket. 

I was in the hospital for three days, nursing not bullet wounds but treated for hysteria. When I returned back to the Station, the team told me that the case was resolved.

“We found evidence at the house. Maud Adam had the girl’s panties in the house. The Station Commander closed the case. I felt it was not that easy but the public needed closure. I got my other closure.

“Your legal case by Henry was withdrawn,” Connie called me.

The six bitches excluded me. They have a new member. 

I sold my bike. Sidney called me.

“Son, you were given a reprieve. Don’t expose your ass anymore.”

I smiled. I was not giving up. Not yet for I have yet to fuck someone’s ass.



To be continued.
End of Part One.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...