Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Murder One; Deep Heat Chapter 6 of 7


6.


I almost screamed my head at Tabitha. It had been one week plus and she walked in calmly to tell me that she missed out on one of the Forensic findings.

“They found a partial print on the victim. She has not been cleaned with bleach this one and some DNA samples.” A partial print and DNA samples were God sent gifts in criminal oncology. She then told me the sad news. “We are still checking for the match.”

I rushed home and thought hard of where my bitch could have left her prints. I went to the closet and used my forensic set not opened after I attended the course two years ago. I grabbed my toothbrush comb and towel. I was eager to get a print. Then I saw the panties. I took those too. I dropped them at Forensics before I visited Cohen, Adam, and Associates.

“I don’t know what else can I tell you about Cheryl? She will be missed.” I saw the Admin Manager by the name of Rachel Fenders was emotional and had wiped her tears more than she should. She was a middle-aged lady with the fenders around her waist that shallowed the depth of her groin to the boobs that were slung to the side. I saw all that for she had on the yellow dress with the huge belt on the waistline or it was below that. She had on matching shoes and her wristwatch was my monthly wage amount. So was her hairstyle which made her look like a LEGO set.

I got the history of Cheryl’s employment but I got the wall on the clients. I took my leave to check on more details. It was then I almost bumped into Nigel Selby. He saw me in the lobby. He was with three of his bodyguards. I ignored him and walked past him. It was then the scene turned ugly.

“Nigel Selby, I am here for my girl.” I saw the elderly man appearing in front of me in the slept-over suit calling the other man. The elderly man was armed with a gun in his right hand. It happened so fast. The bodyguards reacted as they were trained. One pushed Nigel to the ground and the other had his gun out. He fired his gun at the elderly man. The later went down onto his knees.

“Police Officer!” I shouted and rushed towards the elderly man. He had dropped his gun and was on the flooring holding the blood on his chest. I crouched down and assisted him by laying him down. It was then the shooter had come from behind me and tried to push me away. I swung out a hard fist into his left knee and brought him down. He leveled his handgun at me while I glared at him.

“Police Officer, Detective Inspector Bernice. Put the gun down.” By then the lobby was cleared of passers-by, and the security there was approaching us. The shooter lowered his hand and I turn to attend to the elderly man.

“Call the ambulance!”

I waited outside the Surgery Room while the doctors tried to save the elderly man. I was joined by the team and Tabitha had offered me a shirt from the Police Gym.

“Ma’am. We got a name for you. It was from the comb. Maud Adams. She is unknown in the system.” Tabitha showed me the picture. It was the bitch.

“Find her and bring her back to my office,” I told Tabitha. “Any news on those prints and DNA?”

Tabitha shook her head. It was then the Surgery Room light came off and the doctors exited. I met the Head Surgeon.

“He will live but for now he is resting. We removed the bullet from the stomach but other than that, he is fine.” I thanked the The doctor and then decided to go home. During the way, I changed the route to see my father.

“Son, are you back to tell me I am to be arrested for attending the funeral?”

“No, Sidney. I am here to tell you to back off your muscles. I have seen them following my ass soon after I arrived at the hospital.”

“If they are, they are not acting on my orders. I did not sanction any hit or protect you. I know you are capable of doing that. My son would.”

The gloves are off and they aren’t my father’s. I stepped out and saw the muscles have disappeared.  I saw one of Sidney’s ladies stepped up to me. She smiled at me and told me that the picture was on my phone.

“Sidney uses one and he called us. We did it for him.” I had the picture delivered to Tabitha. Then it was back to the Hospital. I reached there and went straight to the elderly man’s room. He was under guard by a uniformed officer seated outside. When I reached there, the officer was not there. I rushed to the room and saw the officer was on the floor. There was a nurse there to administer the syringe into the tube on the elderly man.

“Hey!” I called out and rushed at the nurse. She saw me and faced me holding the syringe towards me. I did not stop myself and grabbed the nurse’s right hand holding the syringe with my left hand, while my right fist went for the right elbow of the nurse. I cracked the elbow bone and then did a reversed right elbow into the throat. The nurse fell backward onto the monitoring equipment and I followed through with the hand chop on the left shoulder. The syringe had since dropped and so was the nurse. I grabbed the nurse by the right hand and hauled her upwards to my extended left knee. That time she went down hard and out.

By then the room was filled with shouting doctors and nurses. I pulled the unconscious nurse up and saw that the nurse was a male dressed as one. I pulled him over on to face down and twisted the right arm back.

“Get me the cuffs,” I told the nurse attending to the unconscious officer.

“Matthew Springs.” I read the name given on the folder and then faced the man seated cuffed to the table. He had a change of clothes to the orange overall, while his clothes were taken care of by Forensics. I saw his records from theft to assault. He was a known associate of Nigel Selby.

“Tell me…”

“No comments.” Matthew was adept at the art of evading questions. “I want my lawyer.”

Matthew was stone hard and after half an hour, I had to admit defeat. It was not until I got the Forensics result.

“Tell me, Matthew. How could I have your prints on a murder victim?”

“I want my lawyer, bitch.” His lawyer soon arrived. I was surprised.

“Connie Layton. I am representing Matthew Springs.” The lawyer was one of my six bitches and she did not avert her eyes when she introduced herself.

Matthew made bail and I went home strung up like a scarecrow. I stood in the shower for an hour, before I staggered to the bed to cry. I don’t why but everything was seen to be wrong then. The call came through an hour later.

“We got another match. It’s the picture you provided.” I heard Tabitha.





No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...