Thursday, December 15, 2016

Tweet ...tweet... Its nigh time to say end to another year...

It's the end of another year, and I was just advise by the person that got me into this rumble that I crossed the fifth year marker. I did not realized that it was half a decade when I decided to amuse a younger lady with some short tales.

Well, thank you my dear. Your initiative drove me to sit by the hours at the corner typing away at the keyboard. It has been a journey not of time for me but of creative fun when one can translate the dreams into words and be enjoyed by many. The marker on the blog tells me that the blog is going to reach the 50,000 hit mark point.

Okay, its 50,000 hit points and not 500,000 hits but that was because most of the posting were not color graphic represented with shades of pink and red (and blonde?) but I tried to emulate it with words. I guess it took time for the words to unscramble in the mind to become images but isn't that more fun than 'I seen that before...no, not to my visual satisfaction... Mein Gott! I am sure its not that huge...'.

Graphic aside, I truly apologies for the ones I may offend with my descriptive passages but let assured you that it was needed to bring out the tale and not to ...I won't word it here. So parents, if you catch your child reading them, tell them its literary extraordinaire. Or if you are a growing kid reading it, consider it as lesson 010 on life facts. Hey, don't branch me out. I have kids too (well grown up by now) and I would be comfortable they read these than the devious novels which I did when I was their age. <Grinning...>

I grew up reading and my genre was wider than the fish I caught twenty years ago. < and it was not a sardine but a blue fin tuna >, I had the luxury <It was not a public library. More like the stash under the bed or high above the cupboard. In this library it was rows of salivating novels. Do you know that the sixties and seventies was the true era of freedom in publishing. > of reading great novels.

I don't know how many of you remember Harold Robbins. I started off his with 'A Stone for Danny Fisher' to the steamy 'Lonely Lady' and in between that 'Pirate'. My mum would grumbled then when she washed the bed sheets. She thought the starch was too thick on it.

With much ado, my literary read did extend beyond the above. I read the Liverpool series, the Rear Patch Books..... Oops! Navigator check the coordinates.......yes...there was War and Peace ( did a tenth of the front and the last few closing chapters ), Shylock of ...what his name again?.... Ian Fleming's series of Bond, Doyle of Sherlock, and Charlie Brown's ( always on the top of the stack of books to be borrowed. Did not want give the librarian a tough time of processing my books then. ).

Talking of librarians, there was this old spinster who tailed me most times when I peruse the novels. She was armed with a duster then and kept on dusting the same spot. Maybe she thought I was trying to shove a novel inside my pants but I wanted to tell her it was youthful enthusiasm then with the blood surging that caused the 'dent in the bumper' Kinda thinking back maybe she was giving me the eyeful for we were behind some book shelves. By golly, I could have been sacrificed then.

Pardon me, readers. It was not all SEX although I am not truly British < Pun on the movie; No Sex Please, we are British; 1973 comedy. > But I lived it through and got my qualification from there....I meant London. For the record, I did passed my professional exams from London. It was the English I learned to read that assisted me in some paragraphs < Grinning...> Or was it the motivation of Bo Derek in the movie 10? No, I did not read that. I READ IT < lol >

Pardon me, I am not here to tell you of my years of indulgence in reading but I will share this with you, reading is fun and after five decades of doing it, I am still reading < bigger prints nowadays and it ain't all alphabet only >. Please do read on and enjoy yourself. And try at writing too. Its not to publish but its translating your thoughts into words that one day some one may have the opportunity to read You can then see their smile and it's worth the effort.

Cheers and Happier years ahead.




No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...