Thursday, June 9, 2016

LLM Part II Chapter 33

33

Across the territory, Samael looked at two figures laid on the ground. Samael lifted the spell on the two and then turned his back.

“You may now kill me but hear me out.” Samael spoke out with his eyes resting on the old mine which was his home for some years. “I held tales of your brother.. He is alive in Hades. The one that was killed here was a doppelganger. If you still believed in me, we may still rescue him from Hades.”

“Then of course, you may ignore me for I am with the devils. We are known to be devious and being untruthful.”

“Kemo-Sabe, I do not trust the devil.” Tonto pulled himself up with the help of Lance who had stood up. Lance looked to his partner and then back at Samael.

“Why the sudden urge to assist us…No, I meant why the rescue effort now? Why was my father and brother held there? What’s….”

“Questions? Please lined them up in priority and I will addressed them.” Samael replied. “But I will give you the quick reply of what I knew.”

“We will start with your Father. He was a member of the elites here in the land and beyond here. He was given the task to place guard over me. He did as per instruction and all was fine until I was rescued by Hawkins. He released me from the imprisonment in lieu of my services to assist him in the war. I went along and learned more. It was Hawkins who told me that he had learned of my whereabouts. He was told by one named Old Man Daniel who had one too much to drink. Hawkins built his reputation there and befriended Old Man Daniel. The later revealed the old mine but he refused to sell the land. Your father had just given the land to the Old Man before he left for his new task as the Colonel.”

“Your brother had taken badly to your father’s disappearance. He was convinced by Father Dennis to search for your father soon after you left for the darker continent. Your brother became the Lone Ranger and hunted the robbers. He eventually diverted to demons when he was fed news that your father was killed by it. He rode on as the Lone Ranger and hunted the demons. The rest you knew.”

“Who told my brother?” Lance asked. “And why was my father in the Army?”

“Father Dennis.” Samael replied. “Your father was actually in the reserve and recalled to duty by the President. He was given the task to hunt the demons that was plaguing the land. Your father was sent to train the army.  His duty took precedent over his family. Meanwhile Hawkins had the Old Man killed with the help of the son. The son was bought off and given riches. Father Dennis was too late to prevent it. Your brother died in his task and Father Dennis needed a replacement. You were his choice.”

“Tell me, demon. Why have you brought me here?” Lance asked of the demon before him.

 “Have you asked yourself why I am here?” Samael replied to Lance before he hoofed over to the old mine entrance. The wall was still there and so were the structures but the guards were no more there.

“You are all minions to me. The one named Hawkins and your family members.” Samael snarled at the thought of him serving them. “I played for time for it was needed when I could destroy all of you.”

Tonto stepped forth with his fists gripped tight but Lance stopped him.

“Both of you hold a role in my final task. I do not fear you but both of you are unique.” Samael turned to look at the duo. 

“Behold your weapons.”

Samael conjured up the gun belt with the double holsters and guns, and then the tomahawk that was Tonto.

“Our adversaries will be here soon. Hawkins and the blood drinkers are on their way. Be known also that they traveled not alone but with one other. I caught the scent of the Blood Hound. Aamon will be disappointed with his previous pet.” Samael explained. “There is need for the two of you to balance the odds.”

“Who is Aamon?” Lance asked. It was Tonto who replied instead.

“Aamon was the Grand Marquis of Hell who governs forty legions. I myself am a King and ruler of the fifth heaven. We are not rivals but given the chance, we will compete for the Master favors.” Samael explained. “Hawkins will be here soon for he is in need of the event of the grand total grand ellipse to open the Gates of Hell. He will use the event to release the Master himself. With the Master at his side, Hawkins can even raise the army from Hades to fight for him.”

“The dark Sun is a rare event of which the last one was a hundred and thirty summer season ago. I was told by the Shaman it rivals all the others for this particular one will enshroud the whole sun in total.” Tonto added in. “The Gates of the Underworld will be open then.”


“We best hurry to prepare for battle.” Samael turned to walk into the old mine. “The Master is an impatient one.”

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...