Thursday, June 30, 2016

LLM Chapter 39 Part III

39.

“Who are those there then?” Lucifer looked to the others in the other circles. He then focused on Lance and Tonto. “I did not expect mortals. I preferred mine my own fallen brothers than them.”

“I am not a mortal, Master. I am Vlad the Impaler.” Vlad then stepped up to the edge of the circle where Samael stood guard over. He tapped the tip of the scimitar at the designs where the gear knobs were churning.

“What machinations have we here? I have seen my share of inventions in my extended lifetime. As a noble, I am privileged to induce in some.” Vlad looked to Samael.

“Are you going to share with me?” Vlad turned to Samael. “I am a demon by choice. I killed them in the nastier ways to elevate my reputation.”

“I am Samael, once the Chief Angel of the Seventh Heaven. I am above Kings and nobles. How dare you equate to me?” Samael was upset that Vlad was trying to impress Lucifer.

“Calm down, Fallen Angel.” Vlad left out a chuckle then. “I did rescue you from the prison that held you there for generations. And for that I get this insolent behavior from you?”

“A feeble event that I have repaid you with your selected few who held extraordinary skills.” Samael reminded the other. 

“Your battles were flawed not by my workings but yourself. Now you want to raise the new army from here?”

 “I was to bring victory with my army of mercenaries then but the works of the one named the Lone Ranger had stifled that victory with his infernal great flood. I was to march with that army once defeated the army sent by Washington. We will applaud the Grand Master upon his entry but now I am forced to seek his audience for the new army from his realm.” 
Vlad sighed. “I will not be turned to defeat once more and banished like yourself.”

“Vlad, you don‘t know Lucifer like I do. I have fought with him for generations.” Samael looked to the figure that had survived for so long. “He is a great leader and commands millions but is also but ruthless in his wrath.”

“Vicious like mine? I am named the Impaller for the way I displayed my enemies head. Do you know how many I have killed….” Vlad was interrupted then.

“Lucifer wrath once killed millions. He wiped out a breed that will never be seen again.” Samael replied. “Your killings are miniscule to his in numbers. I prayed that you withheld your intention.”

“I will not be denied my victory.” Vlad looked at Lucifer. “I am Vlad the Impaler. I am also your servant.”

“Servant? Who are you to serve on me?” Lucifer looked to Vlad. “Are you one of those who believed me as the Devil? And I fell from the place named Heaven.”

Vlad looked to Lucifer. It dawn him then that there may be more to this Lucifer. He felt beaten then. The Devil he thought he was may not be true after all.

Then the sound of more alarms went off. Lucifer raised his hands and a virtual screen appeared in front. The screen was towards him.

“You brought the First Fleet to me.” Lucifer looked to Samael. “I was supposed to be in the hiding. See your silly action excited the one and only Michael. He will come looking for his treasure.”
Lucifer shifted the screen towards the others. He also enlarged the screen to show them the details.

“Are those ships?” Vlad voiced out. “They are huge. Where is the sea?”


The screen showed the First Fleet. There were over three dozen ships in space flight with numerous smaller ships forming a shield around them. 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...