Saturday, June 4, 2016

LLM Part II Chapter 31

31.

The figure of Father Dennis aka the General then dissipated and in place was a figure in a Roman toga with the trident held on the right hand. The figure had a tail that appeared behind stood tall at over seven feet with its hoofed limbs seen below the toga length.

“Brother Samael, I see that you are still the devil I once knew.” Aamon spoke with the loud and deep voice. His expression came with the bald look on the scalp and deep set of rounded green eyes that flared as if it was an ember from the flaming fire. Its ears were swept back and reached high above matched by the double horns that were on the forehead.

“Brother Aamon, I am delighted to find you revealed now. I detected your presence but I wished not to it. Once you rode beside me with your forty legions and like me, we were all drawn here. Immortals or demi-Gods we were then, and it earthly desires we indulged in until the call for us to arm against the very ones we were once with. It was a bitter war then and I was exiled by the wishes of Lucifer. He sought me to fight another day.”

“The war ended with of our defeat, but some of us escaped the wrath. I was one and with the Nephilim I hid among the outcasts. I travelled the land and blended in. I watched and learned like you. I was with you on the battles with Hannibal, the conquest with Alexander and also rode the plains with the Great Khan. Unlike you, I was either the mere servant serving the food or the stable hand. I hid myself well with my other skill; the invisibility to the others.”

“Just as you hid yourself from me with your servant to approach me for assistance.” Samael added in. “I sensed you but your spells were greater than mine. Soon later, you created the Lone Ranger to fight evil so that the Master could re-emerge once more. Your creation defied you and won against your foes.”

“Truth to your words. The Lone Ranger did more than I expected. I had him killed when he came close to my identity. He was also destroying the ones I detest. So I created the next one but I did not know of his spells.” Aamon chuckled. 

“That what gets you spanked for being naughty. You do recall those words from him.”
Both Samael and Aamon laughed out loud. Lance had then shouted out.

“Stop all this! You can have your reunion later in Hell.” Lance was getting impatient. “Can we get back to the fighting?”

The flap of the tent burst opened and the officer with the rank of Major rushed in.

“We are under….” The officer stopped in his track when he saw the two hoofed figures there with the horns. “Oh my God!”

The sound of the cannon shots were heard in the distance and the explosions followed closely behind. There were screams of pain but the Major needed not concerned with it. He was slammed against tent walls and the hat stand nearby impaled into his chest.

“We have to leave, Samael.” Aamon told the other but Samael stepped back.

“I am not going with you. You need to leave alone. Hawkins is back with his second army.” Samael then turned to grab Lance before rushing out. They stepped out and saw the Lycan captives were still there. They were struggling with their shackles and on the far side a few were hit by the explosions near them. Lance saw Tonto was among the wounded. He rushed forth clumsy with his shackles but Samael was ahead. He stepped ahead and pulled Tonto aside. The others there had struggled against their shackles when the demon was near.

Samael smashed the shackles on Tonto’s and pulled him towards Lance.

“There is a war going on and we are not needed.” Samael called on a spell which froze both Lance and Tonto. He then carried both of them and took to flight with the wings that appeared on his back. In the tent, the Colonel looked at the one he addressed as Father Dennis standing there. They were not moving but Father Dennis had reverted to his faithful image.

“Colonel, get out there to command your men.”  Father Dennis called out to the officer. “We got some demons to kill.”
The Colonel broken out of his trance then rushed outside. He looked around to assess the situation. His evaluation on his remaining five hundred men was anger. They have congregated into their platoons at the open yard and it was how they lost half their numbers when the cannon shots came. When they were hit, the men just scattered along with the officers. It was chaos then. The Colonel saw the enemies on the far side of the train yard. There were five cannons there manned by the mercenaries. He then saw the train behind them. They must have sneaked in late and the tracks could only reach that point. There were a hundred armed guards next to the train.

“Organize the men, Major. I want them ready for action.” The Major rushed off to organize the men with the Colonel throwing more orders. Just when he thought he had the orders carried out, he saw the shackled Lycans were loose but they were heading for safety. He looked back at the enemies and saw the armed guards have found mounts. They were attacking the scattered men of his and he was still calling for order. He did not see the approaching rider that held the sabre in the right hand. The sabre found its mark in the Major’s neck from the back. The blade cut in and then across leaving the Colonel with a partially severed head.

The one named Hawkins dismounted and approached the tent. He raised the flap and stepped in. There was no one else in the tent. He then stepped out and saw his mercenaries were mopping up the resistance. He assessed the losses of his army and reckoned he will need reinforcement. Before he performed it, he will have to stop the persons causing him all these losses. He did not see the hands that gripped his throat and held him up.


“It’s about time we discussed things again, Brother?” 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...