Wednesday, November 27, 2013

6. Preys and Predators; The Betrayal Part 3 Rating Mature

4.

The Detective

I would had her cold turkey but then I could not find the needle marks. The lady was in a bad state and needed some help. The safe house of mine was the basement of an old friend who works day and night that he forgets who he was sometimes. I had some old clothes in the basement but I had to cleaned up the filthy lady. I tore her clothes off and dumped her beneath the tap. I scrubbed her clean while she fought me. I gave her my right hook to settled her down. Soon I had her wrapped up like a mummified corpse and laid on the single cot. I looked at myself; all dirty with the unwashed three days old clothes. I took them off and had them soaked while I crouched under the tap. The water rinsed off the dirt and tingled the skin. I looked to the so called corpse on the cot. It had been weeks since I had someone rubbed my body. I was not particular; single one night rub to the recurring ones, but since Heidi, I had not felt pleasure. It was all a rumble and get your arse off my bed.

I grabbed the rought cotton towel and wrapped it around myself. I climbed onto the cot and held my corpse for warmth. I soon myself rubbing my body against the coarse blanket and holding on tight to her. She somehow managed to spoon  herself into me and let me do the works. I screamed out on the first release and then bit into her blanket on the second. There was not third as we slept spooned to each other.

I got up with the sensation of someone nibbling at my toes. I looked down and saw her sucking my right big toe. She had pierced the skin. She was sucking at it like the baby on the teats. I opened up my eyes and looked down to her. She was drawing my blood from the cut. I pulled up my leg and kicked myself off the cot. I could not find my gun; no, I had no gun. I reached for the baseball bat I saw on the floor.

"Come no closer, bitch." I warned her. "I would smash your blood sucking fangs off."

"No, You are mistaken. I did not bite you. There was a cut. I needed the nourishment." The lady explained to me. "I am not a vampire. Its the drugs. It made me crave blood."

"Fuck you! Only vampires craved blood." I leveled the baseball bat. "Come any closer, and you would have this to suck on."

"Please, Officer Morales. Please help me. Father Sanchez said you would." She sank down to her knees. "I am cursed not by blood but by drugs. My name is Cinderella Golan. Everyone call me Cindy."


The Attorney

I looked at the man across my desk; he does looked distraught but he was barking up the wrong agency. He asked me to locate his daughter, but I am counselor of the legal fraternity, not some hot shot detective. I tried to reason with him which was then he pulled out the cheque book.

"Tell me the amount, You are good, Mr.Landon. In your line of work, you have the network to do it." Mr Golan was imposing on my time and patience. Heidi had stood by me for the discussion then had a turned around.

"Mr.Golan, we would try but no promises." Heidi approached the man to lead him to her room. I be fucked if she come to me for reference. Well, she did. I gave her the 'WTF' look.

"I am not Perry Mason all rolled into one. You took the case, you solved it." I slammed my fist down. Heidi leaned over and asked for my reference.

"You knew the FBI agent. Ask her for help. She had the whole nation database within her jurisdiction." Heidi gave the professional contempt look. She knew what I last did when Ms Starling was in town. She knew everything on me even where I kept my personal diary on Marlene.

"Its for the firm, Jimmy. We ain't going to be famous forever. We would had our low ratings one day, but I want to sure we hold the stash there when it happened."

I called Clarice.

We agreed to meet for dinner at my house. I wanted to cook up a meal but all that was on my mind was Morales and then Hasin. One that could had protected me was missing and the one wants me missing. She came on the scheduled time; with the chinese takeaway, and red wine.

"I brought also the office file on Golan." She walked in with her high heels. Darned! I could had forget the dinner but when she mentioned Golan, all was tuned to work on my mind. She placed the food she had brought to the table. She frowned at my choice; pizza and doughnuts.

"Pardon the menu. The roast got burned and dumped too much sauce into the salad." I apologies profusely, while clearing the pizza and doughnuts. She grabbed one of the doughnuts before I cleared it. She placed it over her mouth and pout her lips through the inner ring. I took the hint with my tongue to lick at her lips. I guessed chinese food did have an appealing taste when picked off the body. I heard it was a delicacy to dine that way in the east.

"I was wondering why Golan went looking for you." Clarice had on the apron while serving the wine. "He could had called on his goons."

I picked up the glass while my attention moved from the file content to her naked form beneath the apron. It was the aftermath of our sojourn of passion, with the mess still on the floor. Thankfully, it was marble flooring as I could had that cleaned up fast. She sat down next to me and grabbed her own glass.

"Golan was no angel with his involvement." She picked up the other file marked 'confidential'. "The Bureau had him tagged but he was under another department."

"Who is this Cinderella?" I showed her the photograph of the young lady. It was taken of her with Golan at the park.

"His daughter; only daughter. It was reported that she was groomed to takeover his empire." Clarice explained. "Party freak and spoiled brat. There was a recent breakup and then she went off the scene. We are still trying to track her."

"And Papa comes to me." I looked up from the report. "Why not your office? Why me?"

"Do you think its linked to Hasin?" Clarice had to raised it up. "Hasin may had abducted her. As a leverage."

"No, Hasin after me. He wants to level me to beneath the ground." I threw in my hasty assumption. Then I recalled her shootout. "How are you faring after the shootout at the church?"

"Shootout? There was no shootout. It was plain murder." Clarice replied. "They were aiming for the priest. I just happened to be there."

Then she recalled the words said by the shooter.

"Wolf? He said wolf lover. Could it be a coincidence?" Clarice muttered. She pushed her chair back and pulled at the apron. "I got to go back to work."

I knew her that much; she was already pulling on her clothes, while I packed up the file. She took it from me and then looked at me.

"Don't be grumpy. There are still the doughnuts left. I could ring one on him." She was off before I could rebuked her view on the dimensions. I saw on the table, the photograph of Cinderella with her papa. Somehow I felt the link but then it could be a false trail. I looked for my portable. Damned! I lost it.



Special Agent

I had the number plate of the shooter car ran on the database. It belonged to some lackey that worked for Golan. I was expecting maybe Hasin, for prejudice reasons but Golan threw me off the trail. I called up some favors from the other continent; my Polish was way off with my pronunciation.

Golan was into drug trafficking here, but in Europe, he was the man for smuggling of exotic creatures among some of his expertise. He would traffic in sable to black bears for major buyers. He had a network which could keep the supply going. They named him the Gray Wolf.

"Dziękuję za informacje, Marco ( Polish for thank you for the information, Marco.)" I laughed at the reply. "Jego surowy, ale mnie rozumiesz. ( Polish for its crude but you understand me)."

It was then the call came in. It was the Precinct. They had the report of the specimen sent for analysis found on the priest wound. It was pure silver mixed with the gunpowder residue.

Silver? It was the common material used in killing werewolves. Was there a link somewhere?

"No!" I shouted out. There are no werewolves in reality. I thought it brought in the others to my room but I was wrong.

"Hasin had been killed today. He was mutilated. They looked like the MO of the Wolf." I was taken back by the Agent statement. Maybe the trip to here was not wasted.

"Tell DC, I am on the case." I closed the portable flap. I never thought of it until then. It served me faithfully, hot and cold and yet never once I asked if it was okay. Have I become so cold to other things? I have not a pet since I joined the Academy. I have not sent out greetings cards for the last three years. Oh God! I am too involved in my case.

For the first time in many months, I actually cried out from loneliness.

Jimmy, make me human again.


Please.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...