Friday, September 18, 2020

Tweet..tweet... 18/9/2020 .... Here's to a year that is unlike any before

 2020 is truly any before although I had survived three recessions to date. Well, the COVID had taken the shine off what may have been years of building up and of late, surfacing concerns how to weather through to the end of the year. Or beyond. 

I have been busy (sounded like a broken record....lol); more than ever pacing myself with works and I had to admit the writing suffered. I have some flashes of ideas to create new tales, but the distraction of work will blurt it off. I did start a new tale on Japanese Supernatural with a taste of the Samurai.... it's at about 25K words and still pending... slow and distracted. 

During that time, I took to reading (It ain't no dirty tales... but serious stuff) and reading.... (okay, I won't repeat myself...older age habits) and came across some ideas. It won't get blurted like daydreams that reside in the memory, but am writing down the ideas (or rather the plots). 

I am actually contemplating the idea of writing the "Trojan War" with a change. I have been reading the characters from Helen,.Paris and Achilles, and many others including the Greeks Gods. I am still framing my thoughts on the approach. I did notice one thing in the tale; the ladies played a pivotal role in the tale. Like in Arthur II, the ladies were given prominence. I think I will do it here too. 

Like my tale adaption of Coriolanus, I will move the plot from ancient Greece to another time era and situations. Or the Lone Ranger, I want to make it different. Or a very old tale of mine on Romeo and Juliet where my cast was not them but a lady in the side-eyeing them.

And will there be sensuous passages, I guess there may be but prepare thyself, it may shock the readers. 

I got the weekend ahead to kick start while the characters are zipping in my mind. 

Like the year 2020, it will differ in offerings. Keep the keyboard tapping, I must get it up before you see the snowflakes. Or the shriek of the turkeys. 

Cheers






No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...