Monday, June 1, 2020

Tweet...tweet... Mid year cometh... June 1st 2020

Pardon me, guys. for I was busy and busier still with my writing. I know I sounded like an old broken record, but its the truth.

I told you last tweet that I decided to stop at Book III of Arthur II to huff and puff for new ideas; I did start on another tale but Arthur kept on blazing my mind. I went back at it at two weeks ago, and blitz through 20 chapters at 29K words... it was not easy when your mind took a break from it. I had to read and re-read my earlier passages to get the flow going. Initially, it was a hundred words a day or, was it night time?

There was this long weekend break and  I went speed writing. I am now left with 10 more chapters to write on the downfall of Arthur and be done with it. The plots are in my mind. I will advise that this tale will differ from the other Arthur, and much research reading was done on the older tales of Arthur and his knights written before by others. If you read mine, you would not look at Arthur as you may from other readings.

As you did read with the now publishing Lone Ranger. I guess after Arthur II, I will rest all these characters and find new ones.

Someone asked me recently, why am I writing so intensely. I will be honest with you there are two reasons.

One, I loved to tell my tales. Ego aside but its fun to share. I don't need the beers and snacks to tell them. I just need listeners.

Two, I am having concerns on to my memory, I am having trouble remembering numbers and events. I am getting aged and wanted to keep myself busy. Besides looking down and seeing beyond the girth around my waist. Perhaps one day later, I will sit down and read my tales and say 'did I write all of this?' It will be fun then.

So for now, its back to work to know I can still do work, and write for I know I could still type. And thankfully for the new laptop (Lost count of how may I wore out..... Not wives though. I got my own Guinevere in my castle.) and with the spell checks and correction ease on it.

Cheers


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...