Monday, February 4, 2019

Team of Seven Heroes Short Tales 5 Chapter 7

7.

“A fair tale for a fair night like this.” Sherlock replied. “It does not answer my query on the other stranger. And that was good tea. I have taken better ones.”

“Oh, yeah. The stranger was here on the tattoos and I invited him like you had been to.” The cloaked man explained. “He left soon after.”

“Wizard as you may be called that name. I don’t believe you. You do not entertain any stranger at all. You invited him in like myself because you saw us looking at the sea. He like me believed there is more to the sea there.”

“Mr. Holmes, you are a hard man to deter off.” The wizard chuckled.

“You intruded me into my mind and read my memories. I am impressed, Wizard. Did you do the same to the stranger?”

“Yes, I did.”

“And you knew why he was here. He was not a weekend stayover guest.” Sherlock snapped back. “And I am not leaving till I get some answers.”

“The tattoos were answered by my dream trip but not my other questions. And they are….”

“Your answers are here but not can be told in such a short time.” The Wizard cut in. “However, I will tell you on the stranger. He was here to look at the mystery of the cliffs and the sea. He was from the Section of the Government that were interested in the unnatural events. The tale of the Siren intrigued them but there was more to it. The Government think there was something behind the tale. He was a Professor of Myths and Beliefs.”

“And I am told now.”

“On his death, I am unsure. He could had fallen. Or done by someone from the village.”

“Tell me more, Wizard.”

“I would if I could. I am limited to his memory and not his thoughts.” The Wizard replied.

“If I may see your face.” Sherlock asked the Wizard.

“That was not an agreed term.” The Wizard replied. “Rightfully on, we had no agreed terms. So, what is your next question?”

“Why are you here? Your great grandfather had done his task but why did he want you be here? Who is the grocer?”

“Ben is a good and loyal family friend of over five generations. The family was paid well and from there they were to deliver me food and no questions asked.”

“Was Ben part of the surviving fishermen?” Sherlock asked. The Wizard nodded.

“Was it you who was watching me then this morning?” Sherlock asked.

“No, it was not me. I could not leave this hut. Its my prison if you were to ask.”

“So that leaves me one extra question.” Sherlock smiled. “Puzzles intrigued me.”

“There you have your …. Most of your questions answered.” The Wizard replied.

“Not actually. You have not really answered my questions. You have created more. Good day, Wizard.” Sherlock told the other and then turned to leave. The Wizard stopped him.

“Mr. Holmes, one more last thing. Your memories are rather interesting. Tell, Mr. Holmes. Why are you doing this?”

“Save the world I guess. I am …. Want to be different.”

“Yet you lived…. Pardon me, ally yourself with an army officer who is a doctor. He has been a great assistance to you in your works, and adding as your guard.” The Wizard voiced out. “And he acts as your doctor. He assisted you in your addiction. And even question your sex life.”

“Arghh…. Please don’t go into that. I have my own privacy.”

“Just like Guinevere then with Lancelot. An affair that was hidden from Arthur. You are all fools. What is the physical intimacy that intrigued mankind?” The Wizard asked. “I have mine with the lady Morgause and regretted it a lifetime. Or several lifetimes.”

“The Wizard is you. I thought for a while it was the Wizard of Oz.” Sherlock replied. “You lived long and well, Merlin.”

“So, may you do so.” The Wizard replied. “Mortality has its benefits. You get to live shorter and less of the lifetime worries.”

With that Sherlock took his leave of the Wizard once he was outside the hut, he met the others.

“Hello, Max.” It was a short greeting. Sherlock was knocked from the back and blacked out.



No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...