Thursday, January 10, 2019

Team of Seven Heroes Short Tales 4 Chapter 18

18.

Senior

“Yes, my child. It’s your father who stand here now. Your uncle has been …. released of his bond.” The figure that was Imtep stood there in the dark robe and the red sash from the neck to the waist.
“Each time Imtep is defeated, the victor gets its soul taken by the demon and incorporated into the form while the previous soul will be discarded. I did defeat Imtep in the last battle as my brother did in the previous one. Once I had defeated Imtep, the blow by my brother on me before it escaped was to capture my soul. I am now Imtep.”
“Or Imtep is me.” The figure known as Imtep smiled. It resembled Master Osis but the expression was not the same. It emitted an evil outlook when seen by others.
“Welcome, children of mine. I am fully aware of what Master Osis had in mine for me. Your father is a tough one and even with his soul in me, he struggles hard to fight me. He fights me more than his brother. He forgets that he is the realm of mine. I am the Supreme one there.”
“Behold the soul of your father’s brother after twenty over years inside mine.” Imtep reached out with his right hand. It held a shimmering aura there that resembled an interwoven string that were many in the strands and reached a height of a fistful shape.
“The soul that I do not need is not needed.” Imtep then clasped shut the fingers and the fistful of strings dissipated. “Not that is done. I am feeling better. Sorry for the dramatic show here but that soul was seeking to leave for some years now.”
“Bastard, you killed….” Hasnah could not find the words.
“Your uncle I know. He was the brazen one and with all the ideas of how to vanquish me. In the end he did that and he got caught inside me. He never read that text.”
“True, Father did say to me that the way to defeat you is in the ancient texts. I have read it myself.” Hasnah replied.
“I hoped you get it right. I hate to lose your father for you. You are too young and more to it, I have learned more from the Master of the Arts. His memories are mine.”
“Desecrate not my father’s memory anymore. I will kill you.” Hasnah hissed out in anger. “I know the texts to kill you.”
“Your words made no sense to me. I have searched the memories of Master Osis and nothing he had was mentioned of this.” Imtep snapped back. If you chose to delay your death, then it may be fruitless.”
“The memory of it does not exist in my father when he was captured by you. You took his soul but not his mind. He had that to tell me of the text to vanquish you once more.” Hasnah stepped forward to face Imtep. “Among all the Gods in Egypt, you feared one other more. Its Osiris I speak of.”
“Osiris have not existed for a long time, child. You invoke the Gods to defeat me but do you know the wrath of the Gods. Invoke them at your risk.” Imtep cursed at her. “You are as foolish like your father.”
“Challenge me then, Imtep. My life for my father.” Hasnah called out. “I stand here.”
“So am I.” Imtep motioned with his hands and the gladiators appeared but they were short of one. There was also the French lady then. “My warriors stand with me.”
“And mine are with me.” Hasnah replied with Abraham standing by her. He was standing there with his arms tensed. He was unsure of what Hasnah intend to do, and she was not in his mind. He missed that very much. He saw then Hasnah placed the scimitar on the ground. It was the most idiotic thing to do in a battle. Hasnah then pulled out the page that she tore from the ancient text pages.
“What are you doing, Child?” Imtep asked.
“I am taking to you to the realm of the Underworld, The realm of …. Anubis.” Hasnah spoke up. 
“The realm is everything and yet nothing of it is anything.”

“Child, you are bringing calamity to the land.” Imtep challenged back. “I will not stand for this.”
Hasnah had ignored Imtep and chanted the words from the torn page. The scene on the chamber changed from the high ceiling to the scene of a dark void and the hanging bodies were actually demons floating there. Hasnah found herself standing on nothing and yet she felt solid on her feet.
“Who dares to call upon me?” The voice reverted from everywhere and somewhere. Hasnah looked around and then her hands went to stifle her screams. She felt that she was inside the void and there were the eyes everywhere. It was not any eyes but that of the canine and the fangs with the open jaws. She saw the fangs moved onto the demons and bit into the bodies. The demons held them in the jaws as if weighing them.
“I am Anubis the God of the Underworld. I decide who goes well. The one that weighs heavier and the verdict is to banishment.” The voice resonated in the void. “Watch my scale.”
Each demon was weighed and then discarded before the fangs found itself a new demon. It went through a dozen and then it all stopped. By then void was down to a few numbers and most were banished.
“Imtep the Priest. Are you here too to be weighed?” The voice sounded out directed Imtep who was not touched yet.
“No, I am not. I am ….” Imtep displayed fear then. It looked at Hasnah. “She brought us here. She may be the one keen to be weighed.”
“Are you?” The voice spoke out. And then the voice asked Imtep. “Are you too?”
“Or them too? They are all lifeless.” The voice looked at the gladiators and the French lady.
“No…. Yes, take them all.” Imtep called out. “I am leaving.”
“Master, you can’t be doing this. I am not …. lifeless.” The French lady screamed out. “I want out.”
“Enough of the antics. I am summoned and shall not leave until I have my fill.” The voice called out. The jaws came around and two of the gladiators were snatched into its jaws. The gladiators screamed out there was silence. Then the jaws opened out. The gladiators fell out and into the void or nothing.
“I am ….” The voice called out. “I….:”
“Imtep, take the challenge.” Hasnah called out. “Or lose to me.”
“No….Me.” Abraham rushed out to Imtep. His hook caught the demon in the chest and ripped the heart out. He killed Imtep. No, he released Master Osis and replaced with his.
“Abraham! You fool!” Hasnah called out. “You lost your soul.”
Abraham fell to his knees clutching his heart. He moaned and groaned before Hasnah grabbed him.
“You could have …. waited…. Asked me. Why did you rush to it?” Hasnah looked at the man on her arms. I had it all planned.”
“You wanted to bargain with the Gods to fight the demon. I cannot let it happened.” Abraham replied. 

“I will take your place instead. We have been battling the demons for ages. The Van Helsing is not that easy to be vanquished. I may have lost my soul today but I am still be here. I have still my mind and body. Your father went on without his soul. He taught you to fight Imtep. He did not tell you to lose your soul.”
“He died sooner. He only survived for a while. You are not to die until we have a family. Our son awaits us.” Hasnah shed her tears. “You were promised to me.”
“No!” Abraham called out. He looked to Imtep and then to other demons. And then to the canine eyes.
“I challenged you all to your weighing of your life sins.” Abraham voiced out. “Did you do all these on your own or was it by the acts of Imtep?”
“Enough!” The voice once more took command once more. “Abraham Van Helsing, you have intruded into my realm and disrupted my people. I ought to kill you here; yes, terminate your life for eternity but I am forced to think of the words you spoke. Are they the sinners or the victims of the sinner Imtep?”
“I am not a patronising God but I will defer the punishment for now. Neither of you are ready for my judgment. Come back when you are ready. Come back when you are able to really defeat Imtep without my help.”
With that the God left the scene. They are back on the sandy sands once more but the skies remained dark over them.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...