Thursday, January 10, 2019

Team of Seven Heroes Short Tales 4 Chapter 20 Finale

20.

Senior

Abraham refused to move. He looked over at Imtep.
“Why are you still here? Ain’t you to die yet? I have taken your soul.” Abraham looked at the other. “You were to…”
“Your soul is in me. I am reading your memories. You are a …. An unusual person. You terminate demons like myself. I wondered why? I searched on more. It’s the family tradition then. The Van Helsing have been doing it for generations. Do you like your tasks? I am now you or you are part of me.”
“Shut up! I am not asking you read my life. I am asking you why you are still standing there. If I am you why can’t I feel like ….. you?”
“It’s not how that soul transfer worked. You killed the last soul in me, and now yours is inside me. 
There is a catch. I can die … No, I can be terminated like what you did to the others now. I have your soul and that made me yours.”
“Why didn’t my father kill you then?” Hasnah asked.
“Your father… Yeah the one whom I had the soul earlier. He was onto me some years back. He led his brother here. I fought them all and they lost to me. I would had terminated them but your father sacrificed your uncle who was fatally wounded. It was an exchange of souls. I was tired of the one I had. With your uncle, I could learn new things and more to it, I let your father live.”
“That was not I heard then.” Hasnah protested.
“We spoke to make you believe us. Your father went along but he cheated me. He made me believe him too that in his tale and then struck me. He is in me and been trying to control me. I know he did it for a reason. I probed hard and learned that he will have his grandson kill me. Guess what, I will be there.”
“Not only with the Grandfather inside me but the Van Helsing blood too.” Imtep smiled. “More to it, your God have left.”
It hit Hasnah then. The God they have summoned was gone. It had ditched them. She was to strike and then held back. If she does terminate Imtep, she may hurt Abraham. She then called on Anubis once more but the God did not turn up.
“The one who judges won’t return for you.” Imtep smiled. “There is only you and me, my lover.”
“No! I demand to be judged. I demand to be served.” Hasnah called out. “I called on the spell of shifting time dimension.”
Hasnah took from her tunic the page where she recited the passages to invoke the spell. It was soon after she heard the galloping horses. She turned to look.
It was her destiny.
The figures on the horses dismounted and approached her. She saw then her son with herself.
“Hello, Hasnah. Abraham, meet who is yet to be born son. He is named after you.” Hasnah told Abraham who was stunned by the appearance of an older Hasnah and the young man who resembled him.
“Who …. Am I?” Abraham was trying to find the words but he saw then Hasnah of his time reached out for her other self.
“The spell from the Ancient Scrolls worked after all. I am …” Hasnah smiled. “I have aged well.”
“And I came as ordained. I brought our son. And friends.” The aged Hasnah then introduced the others. “Akbar of the Guardians. Madame Deauville the High Priest of Imtep. The others who will complete the task today.”
Madame Deauville stood there transfixed in shock when she looked at her younger self there. She was too stunned to speak. It was Imtep who then cursed at older Hasnah.
“You have invoked a powerful spell but it will not defer your demise.”
“No, it won’t be. I have returned from the future to battle you. I have come to redeem Abraham’s soul to be sent off with his ashes. You will be vanquished today.”
“A folly of the women is their foolish dreams. Dream on child.” Imtep rushed at older Hasnah but the younger Abraham stepped in to defend the mother. He lashed out with his right hook and clawed the demon on the right arm. Imtep retreated holding his wounded arm.
“Your claw is with the incantations. Master Osis have done well. It does hurt me.” Imtep looked at the younger Abraham. “I will not be defeated.”
Imtep rushed then at his young mistress and pushed her towards young Abraham.
“Fight for me, my Priest.”
The younger French lady pushed towards the younger Abraham rushed at him but she stopped when she saw the elder version of her stood between them.
“Resist his command. Heed my words. We will be freed soon.”
“Nay, I am surrounded by fools.” Imtep called out. “Fight me, Hasnah. Fight me like a warrior.”
“No! The one to fight you will not be me. It will be Abraham my son. He will fight you for his father’s soul.” The older Hasnah cried out. She tossed to him her scimitar. “Use this to kill Imtep.”
The younger Abraham held the scimitar which was once his grandfather in his hands. He approached Imtep who stood there.
“Vanquish me and your soul is mine.”
“I will do it to save my parents.” Abraham plunged the scimitar into Imtep in the chest. The demon screamed and then laughed.
“I lived on.” Imtep cried out in joy. “Father to son.”
It was then the older Madame Deauville pushed the young lady named Yukio.
“Yukio, kill the demon as taught to you by your guard.”
Yukio drew the katana given by her guard who was her grandfather and rushed towards Imtep. She plunged the katana blade into the demon. Imtep looked at the blade that was plunged into the chest. It did not scream but it glared at the young lady.
“Who are you?”
“I am Yukio…. the …”
“Yukio is your granddaughter, Imtep. She is of our blood. Our daughter died soon after she gave blood to Yukio.” The older Deauville lady spoke up. “You never knew then but I was with our child. Only our blood could vanquish you forever.”
“No… It can’t….” Imtep stepped back and the two blades were pulled out. “I cannot be vanquished.”
“I have seen enough. You will be judged, Imtep.” The voice of Anubis called out once. They were all transported to the dark void once and Imtep was in the jaws of canine with the fangs.
“I cannot send you to the Underworld for you will create chaos with your presence. However, I sensed another dimension can hold you. Step forth. Lynx.”
Didi the Lynx appeared on the void with its huge presence. It meowed and then Imtep was swallowed as a whole into the lynx. The voice of Anubis then spoke out.
“All of you have served a purpose here. I will give you judgement on your soul. To the elder ones, you will be delivered to the rightful dimension. To the younger ones, you will live on till this day will come, and then you will be judged.”
With that, the older Hasnah saw herself reunited with her lover, Abraham in his soul form, and the Elderly Deauville following her. The others were then expelled back to the sandy sands once more.
“What happened?” Abraham looked around. The skies were clear and the City was no more there. He turned and saw Yukio standing there unsure of what had happened. It was Akbar who spoke then.
“I think our tasks and responsibility is lifted from us.” Akbar smiled. “The City is gone. See my people are here and we will rejoice today.”
“Hold on there, chap. What happened to my …. men?” Major Chips asked. He was then greeted by the hollers of his mates, alongside the French allies.
“Major Chips, look at we have.” It was Peter, the Lieutenant. “Well done, chaps. We beaten the enemies. And we have this to return to London.”
The Lieutenant held up the pouch of diamonds and rubies, So was Professor Emile with his bag of jewels. Abraham then approached Akbar.
“They served their role and got their reward. We all did.” Akbar replied. “Your parents are together now in body and soul. They left you a gift which you will treasured.”
Abraham looked at scimitar held in his right hand. He then looked at Yukio. She was holding her hands together in a prayer. She looked over at Abraham.
“He is right. Taro-san and Madame Deauville is with my parents. They are all happy.” Yukio then looked at the set of swords on her waist belt. “They left me a gift which I treasured on. I will carry on in their legacy.
“Then you will have this to protect you.” Abraham handed over the set of greaves with the hooks. He then looked at Akbar. “And you will have Master Osis’ scimitar.”
“What of you, young Abraham?” Akbar asked.
“Me? I will be fine. I have the Van Helsing’s blood in me. We are not that easy to vanquish from this dimension.”



Epilogue.
“The way of the dark cannot be allowed on my world.” The katana blade slashed the demon from the head to the waist before it was sheathed into the scabbard. The katana wielder then turned her back and walked out of the dark temple to the rising sun where a new day was starting.
Her name was Yukio the Hunter.
She tucked the katana next to her other shorter sword on her back. She then picked up the face covered helmet and donned it over her dark shaded hair that was tied pony tail to the rear. Once her helmet was in place, she pulled the zipper to her dark jacket up to the neckline and then felt for the greaves on her wrists; the hooks with the claws once a gift to her by a friend. Once all was secured in, she kicked the throttle lever on her huge and powerful two-wheeler bike to take up the high speed towards home.
Or another hunting in the coming evening.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...